Meeting between Human and Mermaid

A Mermaid's Tale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Narrator's pov:

 

Marna swam around with her best friend Cora. It was day and the sun was shining brightly, hitting the sea's water too.

Their tails moved like professionals in the water, making them go forward without any problem, fast and sharp.

They were swimming deep, deep in the sea, where the water was darker as the light didn't shine there as much as the water near the surface, where the sunrays kissed those waves.

Marna dodged a few large stones and corals that were blocking the way. Cora smiled at a few fishes as they swam passed them, giving a small nod as her long straight hair moved swiftly around her.

Marna's wavy hair, long, with steaks of darkblue, moved slightly around her.

Bracelets made of pearls were accompanying her slender wirsts, her darkblue tail shimmering, even where the light was dark.

"Cora, I heard a human sing beautifully yesterday." Marna said, makign Cora gasp, both stopping with moving.

"W-what?" Cora asked.

Just like Marna, was Cora someone who was curious and enthousiastic, but if you would compare the two, Cora was more closed about meeting a real human, with real legs, who lived on the ground, on the surface.

Cora avoided going above water and she avoided going near the coast.

"A human! A male human was singing and I heard him sing."

"Marna! That's dangerous, don't you know that?" Cora scolded Marna who rolled her eyes at her best friend's scolding.

"I'm totally fine, Cora." Marna said, rolling her eyes again. "But I tell you, his voice sounded so... perfect..." Marna smile sheepishly, making Cora raise an eyebrow.

"Humans can sing?" she asked, scratching her head.

Marna nodded her head, telling humans could as she slowly moved her tail, swimming forward again, only this time much slower.

"Yes. And they can sing just as good as us!" Marna said cheerfully, making Cora frown.

"Weird... Humans are weird beings..." she muttred as Marna chuckled.

 

The moonlight was starting to shine brighter and  something dark could be seen moving under the water's surface.

It was blurry because it was dark, but when the moonlight hit the moving thing, it shimmered and people would think there were dimaonds on it.

It suddenly stopped moving, shining lightly before a head popped out.

Big curious eyes looked around before Marna let her head out of the water completely.

She hummed a slow and beautiful song while she swam around, staring at the beautiful stars that were like small diamonds in the sky.

Marna turned around and looked at the beach before she her lips nervously and darted her eyes around, her tail moving irregulary.

She was curious and she wanted to go closer, closer to the ground, she wanted to experience everything on land.

 

*******

 

Marna's pov:

 

I looked around and slowly moved to the sand of the beach, going closer and closer to the place where humans live, on land.

This big feeling inside of me, is telling me to go closer and go and experience how it si to be human.

And honestly, I always wanted to become human, just to see how everything is.

Are humans really that dangerous?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter