Newcomer

The Stars (Krisho)

Suho felt as though his heart had been dunked into concentrated lemonade. Why...why should I feel like this? She's going out with him, so what? That's...that's none of my business, is it now. 

 

====================================

The next day

Suho, once again, had started daydreaming. Sehun observed as he looked at Suho across the aisle. Luhan pushed against the table and allowed his chair to spin slowly towards Sehun, who was just beside him. "What's wrong?"

"Lu, don't you think hyung has been really weird ever since...since yesterday?"

Luhan shrugged. "Maybe he's...thinking about the new boss?"

Sehun laughed and slapped Luhan lightly on the shoulder. "Don't be ridiculous!"

Luhan smirked,"Kidding!" They didn't know how wrong they were.

==============

Luhan walked over to Suho, and Sehun tagged along behind. "Suho, wanna go for a cup of coffee later after work?" Sehun piped up,"I wanna go too! I wanna go too! I wanna-" Luhan clamped his hand over Sehun's mouth." Yes! You are already included!" Sehun smiled. "Yay!"

Suho looked up. "Umm...okay, I guess!"

Nam Jin suddenly yelled. "What are you doing? Get back to work! Or else I'm going to have to report this to Mr Wu!" Luhan snorted under his breath,"I bet you are dying to do that." Sehun laughed at that remark, and earned a glare from Nam Jin, who once again, is dressed in an even shorter skirt and even higher heels. All for the 'date' tonight? Suho had thought sourly. 

A sudden knock on the office's door got everyone's attention. Jonghyun, who was nearest to the door stood up and opened it. A young man stood at the door. Walking in he bowed to everyone," Annyeonghaseyo! I'm Tao. I'm new here! Please treat me nicely, thank you!"

Nam Jin gave a cry of surprise."Oh, yes! I forgot to mention, this is my cousin who will work here from now on. Tao, go in to that office and meet the boss...on second thought, I'll come with you. Sehun, Luhan, go away from Suho's seat. Now." The duo rolled their eyes at her as they walked away.

======================

When the door opened to the office, the very first thing Tao saw was a roomful of people staring at him. The second thing he saw was a face, so fair and...pretty. He sneaked another glance at him when his noona was talking. "...Sehun, Luhan, go away from Suho's seat." The two men standing near the pretty looking one walked away, leaving Tao to realise that the boy's name was Suho. 

"Tao! What are you doing! Tsk. Come on!" Nam Jin shouted at Tao. He tore his eyes away from Suho. "...Coming!" Sehun snorts. "So she's also mean to her own cousin. Poor guy."

Walking into the office the mean noona he knew transformed into a sweet, girly girl before that man sitting at the desk, staring at their abrupt entering. "Oh, Mr Wu, here is new employee. He is also my cousin. Isn't that a wonderful coincidence? You, unknowingly employing my cousin! Ahahaha, we are reall-"

Kris cut her off. "Hm. Tao, right? Welcome. Nam Jin-ssi, take him to the empty desk beside yours and teach him all you know. You may leave."

Nam Jin, obviously stunned when she got interrupted, nodded and put on a smile to cover up her embarrassment. "I'll..I'll see you at our date later, honey..." She waited for his reply, which he didn't give. Tao sighed and pulled his noona out. What a show she's putting on, just to get his attention, thought Tao. How embarrassing. 

======================

Now, the whole office was just a huge room, where everyone worked, and at the end, was a glass wall and it had a wooden door in the middle of it. That was the boss' room. The glass wall was frosted, except for that stripe in the middle. Suho had found out that if he lowered his body in a particular way and titled his head at this particular angle, he could see Kris' mouth through that stripe of clear glass. And has been doing that the whole day. And now he saw that embarrassing episode of Kris ignoring Nam Jin. Well, the walls aren't that soundproof, and the office was awfully quiet, in one of those rare times. 'Yes!' His heart yelled. 

Tao dragged Nam Jin out, dumped her on the table and gave Suho this stare that held lot's of emotions hat Suho couldn't tell. "What...?' He wondered. Tao then walked over and said, rather nervously," Hi...I'm..I'm Tao."

"I...know."

"You do?" He looked surprised. "Uh, yes? Nam Jin ssi just introduced you to the whole office." Suho stared at him.

"Umm..Oh I see. I wonder...I mean, I'm new here, Could you...Could you help me get used to the way things work around here?" He scratched the back of his neck. 

Suho wondered why in the world had Tao come to him, of all people, to look for help. "I don't mind but...Don't you have Nam Jin ssi? Isn't she your cousin?" 

Tao whispered," I don't like her. She's mean." Suho laughed, making Tao widen his eyes in delight. He laughed! And what a cute laugh! He thought happily. "I guess she is. Well, welcome to the office Tao." 

Tao then leaned in, "I was wondering, could we become good friend? Do you..."Here goes nothing! "Do you want to go hang out after work together?" His hand grazed against Suho's unknowingly.

"Uhhh..." Just as Suho was about to reply, the door to Kris' office slammed opened. Kris walked out and walked quickly towards Tao and Suho. "I'm sorry but," He grabbed Suho's hand, making the other gasp in surprise. "He has an appointment. With me." With that, Kris proceeded to pull Suho out of the office. Nam Jin yelled out in desperation," What about our date??" Kris smirked back," Canceled, what else?" And they were gone. 

Sehun muttered to Luhan," I guess our 'date' is gone too." Luhan smacked his head. "Yah, you still have me!"

 

==================

A/N: The next chapter will come soon! I do all my chapters in one sitting so please bear with my mistakes and the absence of fluff. Maybe if you pray hard enough I might have time to upload the next one immediately. I'll start writing the next one now! The fluffy one! I will try to do it! Kekek, please COMMENT, and VOTE PLEASSEE....