Band aids

The Stars (Krisho)

 

                                                                                 

 

 

"Oh, hyung!" Chanyeol looks up from his food and spots Suho, walking towards them.

"Come here, sit down! We have bacon, eggs and pancakes. What do you want?" Kyungsoo smiles at him and waves him over.

"...Good morning!" Suho gave a slight bow. The rest froze for a moment before bursting into laughter.

"What's with the bowing, hyung?" Baekhyun chokes out after swallowing his orange juice down. 

"Oh..I..urm..just.." Suho looks around awkwardly. This is still very new to him. Eating with everyone, that is.

Kyungsoo picks up a plate and piles it up with all the food before handing it to Suho. "Here. I hope you like these?"

"Yeah, thanks!" Suho gave a smile and moved over to the corner, where he placed his food on the floor and sat down, looking thoughtful.

The roomful of people gave bewildered looks to each other. 

"Suho hyung..?" Chanyeol asks softly.  

Suho doesn't hear as he pokes at his food silently, before lifting a forkful of pancakes up and into his mouth. The delicious taste of the fluffy soft piece in his mouth explodes and left him closing his eyes in bliss. 

"Hey, Kyungsoo, this is really..." He trails off when he sees the whole kitchen staring down at him. 

"Erm...yes?" He looks uncertainly around. Woah what did I do? 

"Hyung...? Do you want to eat on the table with us? Why are you there?" Baekhyun swallows his food and asks.

Oh! 

Suho's face burns red as he scrambles up with the food, the glass of orange juice slipping from his hands in the process. 

"Oh my god!!"

"Hyung!"

"Hyung don't move!"

"It'll cut you...Baekhyun get the mop and Jongin can you get the broom.."

"Luckily it's blue glass, much easier to spot.." 

Everyone scrambles over, worried if Suho was hurt. Some starts crouching down to try to pick up the bigger pieces with newspapaer. When Baekhyun and Jongin came back they started sweeping everything up as Baekhyun waited to mop the orange juice from the ground.

Suho stands there breathing heavily, staring at the mess. The glass, blue. Shattered around his feet. The orange juice seems to flash red, just for a second, as though it was reminding him, again. It was enough to send Suho into shock.

"I..I.." Suho struggles to breathe. Tears were flooding his eyes but it seems like no matter how fast or hard he blinks they wouldn't go away. His legs gave way and he stumbled, before falling into the pile of broken glass. 

It hurts...

From his blurred vision he could see someone running towards him. "No go away!"

Don't hurt me.

"Hyung!" It's Baekhyun. He relaxed a little but was still lacking in air.

Baekhyun throws down the mop and grabs Suho, trying to pull him up from the glass. Suho winces from the strength Baekhyun used in gripping him but at the same time it was keeping him afloat. Keeping him from drowning in those memories.

"I..I'm fine.." Suho chokes out and lifts a hand. "Give me a minute.." 

In...

Out...

In again...

Out...That's right, you're doing well...

His mother's voice replayed itself, so clear as though she was just there. 

"Just breathe, okay? You'll be fine..." His mother smiled weakly at him before closing her eyes again. Her hand that had patted Joonmyeon so softly yet firmly dropped back onto the bed. Young Joonmyeon cried softly beside the hospital bed. He had gone into shock after seeing his mother open her eyes for the first time in 10 days. His father layed in a bed beside his mother but unlike her, he continues 'sleeping', surviving on the machine. 

"Young Master?" The butler gave a small wave to Joonmyeon. "It's time to leave...Visiting hours are over."

After making sure that both his parents were breathing, however softly, he turns to leave. 

"Joonmyeonnie?" He heard his mother calling him softly. "Our darling Suho ah... guardian angel...mm?"

She didn't make much sense, but Joonmyeon understood.

 In...

Out..

"Hyung!"

Suho pries his eyes that he didn't know had closed open. Baekhyun's face came right into view. 

"Woah!"

They both bounce away. Suho finds himself on his bed and the whole of the household surrounding him.

"Are you okay now?" Onew asks softly. The rest nodded along, waiting for his reply.

"Yeah, just sweaty?"

Chuckling at the look Baekhyun gave him, he patted his heart and lifted his hand. "I swear."

Only then did the everyone flop down to the floor in relief. 

"You said you were 'fine', to give you a minute, and what happens next? You faint into those shards!" Baekhyun peeped up from the the side of the bed before flopping back down again. "Yeah, so you have lots of band aids on you now, if you haven't noticed."

There really is a lot. Suho glances around at his hands. And legs. They're probably going to sting when I bathe later..

Later...What was I supposed to be doing...later...?

Suho jumps up. "Oh! I have to get to work!"

Mr Wu didn't say a thing about him staying here all day, it's better he assumes he has to go to work. After all, he has things to be done there too. Work of an accountant in a huge company is not easy.

"Work? No way, you have to stay home! What if you get into some accidents again?"

Home. The word made him smile sadly.

"No, it's okay! Besides, I've always been going to work and I'm fine. Thank you all for your concern." He really is immensely grateful. 

Kyungsoo shakes his head. "Stop being so formal. We're going to be a family now whether you like it or not.Plus, you're the hyung. Apart from Minseok, Onew and Jonghyun, that is." 

A chorus of 'yeah!'s echoed.

"Why did he make us sound so old..." Suho heard a loud whisper from Jonghyun to Onew.

The room fell into giggles.


"Because we have to promote to a wider, different target audience. It's taking a huge step towards- yes. Yes, I agree. I do very much agree with you but it is a pretty adventurous step to take as it seems that we have never targeted our product towards the Women. I am not rejecting this idea, I am simply- Sir, I promise that we do indeed have the adequate manpower and-. Yes alright." Kris rubs a hand over his face. "I will call up the contacts and it would be easier to speak over this matter with everyone than on the phone. Goodbye, and have a nice day."

Have a nice day, bull.

Kris slumps down on the table with a frown on his face, trying to calm down from suppressing his anger from the phone call earlier.

So he thinks that being our largest shareholder allowed him to look down and trample over us. Kris breathes out heavily. 

 ing stuck up Mr Choi.

"Nam Jin! Coffee, now. " After blasting into the intercom Kris groaned softly before focusing onto the the computer. Seriously, having a early day start doesn't seem like such a good idea now. Especially since he didn't have a very good night sleep.

"Darling, here's your coffee." Nam Jin saunters in and places the steaming cup on the table gently. Kris grabs it gratefully and eyes Nam Jin while sipping it. "Can you, like, try to wear something more conservative, please." His left hand waves over her body, emphasising his point.

"And I'm seriously doubting it's not your 'bad habit' to call people darling." Kris put down the cup and turns his attention back to the damn excel page of sales. "Stop it, okay?"

He has no time to deal with people like her now. "Oh yeah, call up the executives and all the shareholders. Arrange a meeting on a date. " 

He misses how Nam Jin's expression turns darker with every word.

"Alright, Darling." The girl turns on her heels and walks out, hair swishing behind her back.

She isn't going to listen huh. Figures. Kris gives a dismissive frown to her back. It doesn't really matter, it's just a name, but he's going to ask her to really stop one day.


"Hyung!" Suho looks over to the call and smiles at the three boys. 

"I'm sorry I'm kinda late. Hey Sehun, Luhan, Tao."

"So why didn't you come to work yesterday? Mr Wu didn't either, you know?"

"Yeah, I..I was at his house. His servant now, remember?"

Suho brushes a hand through his messy hair. It is new for him to figure out the route to work form Mr Wu's house but hey, it was easy. He has a brain.

Mm? A cup of coffee on his table caught his attention. 

Have a great day, You look cute today. :) <3

How pretty! Suho smiles at the pink post-it decorated with purple glitter ink and those words that were so nice. Who would do such a thing for him?

"Hyung, hyung please, you weren't even listening were you. And you have your weird smile on now," Sehun's, as usual, leaning over Luhan who's trying his utmost best to complete his assignment (Go away Sehun) . "I was saying..does that mean you've moved out? I doubt your 'parents' took that well."

Shucks. That's right. His parents. Suho shoots a look to Sehun before pulling his phone out with trembling hands. 

*Message inbox full, please delete some.*

*You have 50 missed calls.*

"Hyung, you didn't tell them??" Sehun looks over his shoulder and gasps softly when he sees the notifications. 

This is a big mess, he hasn't checked his phone since yesterday and oh dear, how...how could he have forgotten to tell them?

"Tell who what?" Tao pops up and glances worriedly at Suho. Suho groans and shakes his head. 

"Nothing, Tao, nothing. Sehun go back to work,. Nam Jin's going to explode if she sees us." Suho looks up from his phone and smiles."I'm just going to send a quick message and I'm done."

"Mm, alright.." Sehun walks back to cubicle, knowing full well this is something Suho hyung has to deal alone.

Suho stares at the black page and frowns over what to write. His parents are going to be so, so angry. This is a situation he's never come across, being the good boy all the time. But he knows they aren't going to let him off because he isn't their child. No matter how much he wants their recognition.

He remembers the punishments they dealt out every time he's been deemed naughty, bad, stupid and more, and shudders.

"Hyung." Suho jumps. Tao hasn't left.

"Eh? Tao you go back too, your cousin will be mad."

"Just..." Tao pauses mid sentences and Suho stares at him curiously. "..okay."

What was he going to say? 

Suho shrugs and goes back to typing the message. Not a phone call because he's too much of a wimp. 

Mother, Father, I'm very sorry I've disappeared without telling you but I'm fine, I've found a place to stay over with a friend.-

Is Mr Wu his friend? No. 

-colleague. It's only temporary, I'll be back after some time. Goodbye and Take Care.

There.

The nagging feeling that he's in this deep came gnawing.

Please, please don't scold me or hit me...Please just be okay with this...

"Suho. SUHO!" Nam Jin's screechy voice shocks him back. "Mr Wu is asking to see you." Her face showed nothing but disgust.

What's wrong with her?

"Okay."

He left his cubicle, and the coffee is left there, now lukewarm and untouched. 


"So you came to work, huh?"

Suho looks confused. "Mr Wu you never said I shouldn't."

Kris breathed out. "But you- aish." 

He gave a silent once over to the boy looking down at his feet meekly.

"Just get your table in and here and start working here onwards."

"Huh?"

"Get your table in and work here from now onwards, I'm not going to repeat that."

"But why?"

"Just do it."

Weird. Really really weird. Kris doesn't even know the reason himself.

"Uhm..okay...?" Suho paused. "Is my position the same?"

"....Yeah."

That just makes this even weirder doesn't it. Kris refuses the urge to roll over around the ground in stupidness. 

"AH!"

Kris glances quickly over to Suho who has hit his leg on the door.

"Does it hurt? Why are you so clumsy?"

Kris walks over to the boy who was clutching at his leg.

"No! Wait no-"

Kris pulls the boy's trousers up and exposed his leg, which was covered in band aids. Hello Kitty ones, Winnie the pooh ones, there's also sesame street, Powerpuff girls and ninja turtles and more.

It was amusing, but no one can laught at the moment.

"What did you do to yourself??"


 

A/n: Hey guys. Sorry for this being late. Uhm...here we have Suho being traumatised by the shattering, poor baby. 

I'M ALSO SORRY FOR TAKING SUCH A LONG TIME.

Sorry this isn't that good, although its kinda long.

Sorry I keep apologising.

Hmm..see you guys soon.. Got to get to class now. Byeeeee.