Nightmare

The Stars (Krisho)

 

Go back to "galaxy' if you haven't seen it

 

"Mum?" A lone shout echoes down the hallway. It was a familiar hallway. Those walls...the pictures hanging on them...so, so familiar.

Suho realises with a jerk that this is his home. The one he hasn't seen for many years.

The shout comes again and Suho turns to see a young boy standing at the end. "Mum? Dad?"

The lights above them flickered and blinked; and one by one, they diminished towards the boy, away from himself.

"Hello? Who are you?" Suho asked. The dimming of light scared him a little. It was getting creepy and he didn't like it, even though this was his own house. A weird feeling formed in his stomach.

The boy stared at him; or rather, through him. It was as though he was invisible.

"Mum...?" And slowly, the boy took his first steps towards him. 

"I'm not your mother!" He wasn't sure if the boy could even hear him. 

The boy got closer.

When he reached him Suho stepped aside to allow the other to pass. Not once did the younger one look at him.

He follows with a strange curiosity, yet also with the strangest bout of fear and familiarity. And this was not because he was in a place he knew so well. 

And soon he found out what it was, because-

"MUM! DAD!"

A loud cry rang out, piercing, in the silence of the house. 

It didn't only come from the younger boy, Suho realises. It also came from him.

 

This is his house.

 

The boy is him.

 

They've just reached the staircase.

 

And at the bottom of it, were his parents. Lying in a huge puddle of blood. He knew well that the pieces of sharp blue glass all over was from the vase his mother held. The papers that flapped in the wind the little boy made as he flew down the stairs were his father's work papers. 

Suho looks on in mute shock as the boy threw himself onto his parents, sobbing loudly. 

"Mummy mummy please...Daddy? Wake up please!"

He stares at the scene. 

His eyes shifts to a corner the same time the younger one did. In that corner lies a yellow truck toy.

Model 748 he remembers.

The truck stays perfect, just lying on it's side; unlike his parents. It, however turns into smithereens the next second as the younger takes up rock by rock from the vase his mother dropped and smashed it against the vehicle. 

Again and again.

Smash. Crumble. Breaking and falling apart. 

Suho, like the truck, shattered.

 


"Wow, you really woke up." Kyungsoo gave an amused smile to the grouchy looking beast at the kitchen island. 

Kris gives a look to him through his fringe and flops back down on to the table. "Jupmh muff moob..."

"What?" 

"Jupmh muff moob!"

"I..I'm sorry, what?" Kyungsoo could barely hold in his laughter.

"Just! Make! Food!" Kris finally lifts his head up, only to yell, but nevertheless Kyungsoo still succeeds in making him 'wake up'. 

"Fine, what do you want?"

"Pumphfakes..."

"What?"

"YAH!"

"Hahaha okay, okay!"


"Eh? Kris, you're leaving? That's early. Aren't you waiting for Suho? Isn't he your colleague?" Baekhyun pokes his head out from the door when he hears the car engine whirring. Kris stands at the side as he waited for Onew to reverse the car out.

"....." Baekhyun wonders why Kris didn't answer him.

"Anyway...since you aren't answering me...does that mean you don't know where Suho is? He's not in his room."

Again, no reply. Kris just gave a lazy wave to Baekhyun and hopped inside the car before disappearing out the gates.

What the heck?

Baekhyun rolls his eyes and goes back into the house. "Hey Soo, why did Kris wake up so early?"

"I don't know...Unfinished work? Why did you wake up so early- KIM JONGIN! Can you please stop stealing the food."

Baekhyun ignores the squabbling. "Eh, I just wanted to find Suho. It's so exciting to have a newcomer! None of you want to play with me anymore."

Kyungsoo and Jongin turns their attention from breakfast to Baekhyun.

"Excuse me?" Kyungsoo narrows his eyes at Jongin who had just chorused with him before continuing. "Your way of playing is torturing our poor ears about your woman generation or something."

Baekhyun frowns. "It's GIRL'S generation you guys."

"Whatever, I don't care," Kyungsoo turns back to cooking. "Go find your giant, you er."

"Yeah, okay, off to my giant's face, I'm a er indeed~" Baekhyun sing as he floats away.

"Ewww..."


Suho wakes up to the bright sunlight shining on his face. 

This is not my room! Sitting up quickly, Suho rubs his eyes as he glances around.

Thi- this is...this is Mr Wu's house. Right, he left his house yesterday. Suho smiles at his forgetfulness. 

Memories of last night rushed back. He..he was carried in by Mr Wu...

And was laid on the bed...

and, and Mr Wu hugged him! Suho's face flushes red and he lifts his palms to cover his cheeks. What an embarrassing situation...but I think Mr Wu doesn't know, he was already sleeping. 

And then, he remembers, the dream. The dream that haunts him every night. 

It didn't happen exactly like that in his dreams, but his mind always twists things to become much much scarier. He squeezed his eyes shut tight as the memory of the vivid red of the blood flashed in his mind. His parents' expressions as they laid on the floor, the yellow of the truck, the blue of the vase. They spun around in his mind again, just like every time when he thinks about it. 

"Please...go away..." He whispers.

He stays there for a few more minutes, drained out from all the memories flooding back. It's always like that. Every time. How just some memories can make him feel so tired is one thing he can never figure out. 

The door bursts open, revealing Baekhyun who's smiling a big smile, which disappears after seeing the tears on Suho's face.

"Are you okay?" Baekhyun rushes over to Suho.

"I'm fine, I'm fine!" Suho turns and wipes away at his tears frantically, shocked to have someone see his most vulnerable state. 

Surprisingly Baekhyun doesn't say anything more. "Okay. Breakfast is ready. Come down when you're ready, okay?"

And he leaves.

Suho, grateful for Baekhyun's sensitivity, finally gets up from the bed and into the bathroom. 

But then he realises something. Last night was the first night he hasn't woken up screaming and crying.


Kris sits at his table, staring at the computer. The office outside is quiet and dark; it's still too early for anyone to report. It's nice being alone in the office, as the sky behind him turns from black, to blue and then orange, red and pink. 

Kris thinks back to this morning.

He woke up to soft whimpers. Taking a look at the digital clock he saw that it was 4 am. 

Another whimper came with soft scuffling of the blanket and scared Kris. Who is- oh, yes, it's Suho.

Suho made another sound and it was beginning to sound like a sob.

What's wrong?

Worried, Kris turned the night light on and leaned over Suho who had his back facing him. Frowns etched themselves deeply on Suho's sleeping face and Kris could see tears threatening to spill from those fluttering eyelids.

Nightmare? Kris frowned as he proceeded to wipe away the tears at Suho's eyes with gentle fingertips and brushed a hand through his hair, as one would while soothing a child.

He smoothed away the frown and pulled the smaller closer to himself, letting him lean against him.

"Shh...It's okay..." He whispered as he brushed Suho's hair again, hugging him tighter.

Slowly, Suho relaxed into him and the sobbing stopped, and Kris smiled.

Shaking his head, Kris leans onto his elbows and clasps his hands under his chin. He was really curious what Suho was dreaming about, making him cry in the middle of the night like that.

He knows he hates seeing Suho being sad. And it gave him a sense of happiness knowing he was the one who smoothed away those frowns.

Coming to work so early was because he didn't want Suho to follow him to work. It's better if he can just stay at his house now.

He doesn't know how to get to work from my house, does he. Without me he probably can't come here then.

The clock struck 8.25am and people started streaming in, yawning and chattering with their colleagues. 

Kris squints through the stripe of clear glass to make sure Suho isn't there and nods, satisfied, before returning his attention to the neglected computer.

 


 

 

Heehee, hey guys...

It's not a month yet right...

WHOOPS sorry ahaha I should be apologising for even needing a month. I have a weeks holiday now, so I probably could tyro more. I'll up date soon neh?

Btw, happy April fools. Please don't kill me for that previous chapter. 

Did y'all see what all the fanbases did LMAO okay they are like so hilarious, I give them a thumbs up.

Anyway while waiting for my update...maybe you could check my new buddy's work out? It's also Krisho. :) It's just a short oneshot which I'm sure you'll enjoy. HERE.

BY THE WAY, can anyone guess what Kris wanted for breakfast? ^^

 

See ya~~~

Comment please? xP