Chapter 2: The necklace

The Muns

OK...the chapter updating isn't going to happen this soon in the future...lol! 

Today I had a reason!! 

IT'S PIL KYO OPPA'S BDAY!!! ^^ <3 

I usually don't do these bday updates (except wait for my oppa's bday and you'll get a bday update. If you don't know who my bias is...then too bad...lol...just kidding...it's Andy...lol! I guess you all know it already! :D) so this was really...weird...XD

ENJOY!

Btw...this story might contain slight angst from these characters:

Junjin

Andy

and

Hyesung

Be prepared!! lol! 


Chapter 2: The necklace

Hyesung opened the money locker that was placed behind a terrible family photo of his late grandfather and himself. That was the most cliché place ever to put a secret locker but since it was so freaking cliché, no one knew about its existence. Hyesung put on the password and when the door clicked, he moved the handle and opened the heavy and ing creaky door.

He sighed as he saw the decreasing amount of money and couple ornaments that had sentimental value, and then he shut it again, feeling totally regretful that he had opened it in the first place. He was broke, he had to admit that, but there was always a way to get money and seriously, Hyesung would do anything just to get so much money that his company’s happy ending was guaranteed.

Not that he just thought about his company. He has a life to live.

“I’m leaving Chil Hyun ya,” he announced at the back door before exiting his office.

“Sure,” Chi Hyun smiled. “I’ll be here till midnight.” He added and waved his hand when the boss of the company left.

Hyesung tossed his hands into his pockets as he was advancing his apartment building. There was nothing worse than his bachelor life. Of course he had casual relations with his sweet and y strippers, but that was it. He didn’t really think that he’d live with someone who shags other people and says what they want. He didn’t want Taeyeon for sure. She was a hooker. A big hooker.

The man stepped onto the stairs as he opened the main door of his apartment building and walked towards the mailbox that was next to all those similar looking ones. Hyesung took his key out once he stood in front of his mailbox and started to turn the key slowly. The door behind him creaked and a teenage boy walked out of the door. Hyesung usually didn’t care about his neighbors, except that one annoying bastard whose apartment smelled of cigarettes (not that that mattered Hyesung) and alcohol, but that boy was always alone. In two weeks, closer to three actually, he hadn’t seen the boy’s parents. Not even once.

When he was getting his last letter from the box he heard noise from his floor.

“Oh, Andy ya,”

“Hyungnim,”

“What are you doing in here?”

“I’m hungry.” The boy said cutely.

Hyesung pouted as he heard that.

“Okay come in Andy ya,” The man said. “Aren’t your parents at home?” he asked.

Hyesung furrowed his eyebrows.

“No,” The boy answered.

“Okay, go to the kitchen. I’ll be right up. I just need to check my mailbox.”

Hyesung slammed his mailbox closed when his annoying, smoking, alcohol smelling and absolutely good-looking neighbor, Eric Mun, got down the stairs, fondling the mailbox key in his hands. When he lifted his head, right in front of Hyesung, to whom he was about to collide, he smirked sneakily.

“Hello,” he greeted.

“Hi,” Hyesung said seriously.

“How’s life treating you?” Older man questioned.

“Not your business!” Other one replied.

Eric snorted and lowered his gaze to the letters. Every single one of them had something reddish on them and he felt pity…and also amused as he started to laugh hysterically. Hyesung glared at him infuriated.

“Seems like someone is having problems with his business.” Eric teased.

Hyesung tsked and leaned in saying, “At least I have a business.” And with that, he smirked and passed the man in fast speed, waiting for Eric’s angered groan from the first floor. And when that came, Hyesung grinned even wider.

Andy bit a piece of the tasty bread when Eric entered his apartment mumbling something about an ‘irritating bastard who has no life’. The color from being almost starved to death subsided from Andy’s face as he now ate whatever Eric passed to him. A smile built onto the man’s face as the boy stuffed the food into his mouth not even chewing before he added more rice into his mouth.

“So,” Eric cupped his face as he glanced at Andy. “Your parents aren’t back yet?”

The boy nodded.

“Where are they?” Eric interrogated.

“Dunno,” Andy shrugged. “Maybe travelling…”

Eric frowned.

“But they’ll come back soon.”

“And how do you know that?” Eric asked.

Andy stopped eating for a while.

“Aren’t they always away?”

“Well…y-yes…but they’re…my family.” Andy replied.

“Andy ya,” Eric said. “How long are they usually home when they come back?”

The boy bowed his head and muttered, “A day…”

Eric closed his eyes, and lifted his hands onto his face feeling shocked.

“I’m gonna go now. Need to study at the library.” Andy mumbled as he wiped his mouth with his school uniform’s sleeve while getting off of the chair.

Eric sneered something when he heard a faint ‘bye’ from the door and heaved a long sigh.

Damn…that boy’s life was .

Andy plodded on the street, thinking of Eric hyungnim’s words inside his head, when he was forcibly pushed to the ground and getting sort of like grabbed from somewhere since his backpack clutched on his back and he could hear running noise from behind. Andy hit his elbows to the ground and the fabric under it was getting red as the blood drained from the skin. He also crashed both of his knees to the asphalt not getting any help from people. Only pitiful groans and words.

“Ow,” Andy bemoaned, rubbing the spot on his knees.

“Sorry, is this yours?” a boy, maybe a year older than Andy, spoke.

“What?” Andy asked, tears slowly building under his eyes, as the wounds hurt so freaking much.

“I knocked out a dude who had this in his pocket.” The other boy said. “And according the picture, this is yours.”

Andy stared at the brown wallet and when he recognized it, he nodded.

“Here you go,” the boy said, not even smiling as he passed it to him. “You should be careful in here. No one knows what might happen to a boy like you.”

Andy blushed embarrassed as he received the wallet, bowed and walked off. When the boy was nowhere to be seen, the slightly older boy sighed and touched his stomach that was growling.

“Aish…if I had known that he hadn’t any money, I wouldn’t have pushed him.” Junjin muttered.

A vibrating phone made the whole table keep terrible noise as Eric took it and looked at the screen. Ji Hoon was calling again. Although Eric worked alone, he got occasional gigs from Jung Ji Hoon who never failed to pay the man fully and maybe even more salary than he should. Eric liked it though and now that he was slowly getting broke again (as if, he had mattress filled with money), he took the call in.

“Yep,” he answered.

“Eric sshi?”

“What?”

“I have the best gig for you.”

“What is it?” Eric asked nonchalantly.

“Come to our usual place at 8 pm today…don’t tell anyone about this.” Ji Hoon practically whispered into the phone.

Eric sneered and put the phone back to the table. Yes, another gig.

 

Ji Hoon lifted his arm up when Eric entered their place and looked around gloomily, hands stuffed into the pockets. When he saw Jin Hoon, he advanced the table, sat down, shook his head to the waitress who asked whether he wanted anything, lifted his other hand under his chin and fixed his eyes to his boss.

“Well,” he said. “What’s the gig?”

“Not so loud!” Ji Hoon gasped.

Eric rolled his eyes but shoved his hand to the man as a sign to go on.

“Do you know the myth about the necklace that once belonged to the Princess?” Ji Hoon mumbled.

“Of course. So?”

Ji Hoon looked around before leaning in. “Well, apparently it’s true.” He whispered.

Eric widened his eyes, not believing what his most trustworthy bosses had just said. Really? All the myths about Princess Changjo’s necklace was true? That couldn’t be true!

“It is,” Ji Hoon stated as if reading the questionable frown on the man’s face. “And it’s in here, Seoul.”

Eric’s frown got deeper. “And what does it have to do with me?”

“Duh, I want you to steal it.”

Junjin bend his neck back as his stomach kept growling and howling. He was ing hungry and tired. All day long he had just run. Ran until he couldn’t feel his legs.

Now he was sitting in an alley, panting and sweating, preventing his eyes to get shut, when someone intruded his silent time.

“Well, well, well…look what we have in here.” a man, who smelled like vomit, said. “If it isn’t Junjin.”

The said boy gritted his teeth.

“We’ve been looking for you kid.” The man said. “You own a lot of money to our guys.”

Junjin tsked. “Tell me something I don’t know.”

The man crouched down, arms on his knees as he stared at the boy accurately.

“Our guys have one rule, kid. You know what it is?”

“Pay or die.” Junjin answered with a straight face.

The man flicked his fingers. “Exactly. And apparently, you’re one of those. So pay…” he said, asking his partner to pass him a knife, “…or die.”

Junjin was just about to get up from the ground, when the lights in the alley got switched on and the two guys were shocked as Junjin screamed and faked tears when the cook, from the restaurant behind them, threw some rubbish out and saw the two harassing the poor teenager.

“YA!” he yelled. “Leave that boy alone!”

Not having enough time to react, the two ‘scary’ guys ran away and dropped the knife to the ground. Junjin noticed it and took it, ing it into his pocket. “Thanks, ahjussi.” He muttered.

“Are you hungry?” the cook interrogated. “I have some leftover jjajangmyeon in the kitchen.” He continued.

“Free food?” Junjin asked and the cook nodded. “Sure.”

…       

Minwoo was sitting at the bar when he saw his widely grinning best friend entering the shop in his stupid and unfashionable clothing. Eric slumped down to the seat, ordering something with alcohol, as he cupped his face and stared at Minwoo, with his cute eyes.

“What is it?” Minwoo questioned.

“I can’t tell you.” Eric replied sneakily.

“Then don’t.”

“But I want to!” Eric whined.

“If you can’t you shouldn’t.” Minwoo stated. “That’s breaking a promise Eric ah,”

Older man pouted but when he got his drink, he immediately turned serious and poured the liquid into his throat, not even savoring the taste.

“Oh, come on,” he commented. “Don’t tell me that you aren’t at least a bit interested of what happened to me today!?”

Minwoo sighed. “Well…now that you said it…I guess I am intrigued.”

“I got a gig!” Eric raised his voice, earning pretty skeptical stares from the other customers. He lifted his hand onto his lips and glanced at Minwoo who moved his head as if wanting to hear more and dammit, Eric couldn’t keep his cool as he said, “You know the mythical necklace, Princess Changjo always wore?”

Other male nodded, taking a sip from his drink.

“Apparently the ‘so called story’ isn’t a story after all,” Eric whispered.

“What do you mean?”

“The necklace has been here, in Seoul, for decades.” Older man chanted. “Can you believe it?”

Minwoo shook his head ravenously. “What does it have to do with you? The greatest pickpocket of the world.” He asked.

“I’m going to…” Eric narrowed his eyes. “…steal it.”

“Really?” Minwoo raised his voice. “Daebak. I wish I’d gotten that into my mind. Oh, wait…I’m not a professional robber anymore and neither are you, Eric.”

Eric gritted his teeth to Minwoo’s sarcastic laugh.  

“Let’s say,” shorter dude began, “That if you really manage to steal it, theoretically, what’ll you do with it? I mean, you’re not going to give it to Ji Hoon, right?”

Eric laughed amused. “Minwoo,” the said man lifted his head as he heard his name. “Ji Hoon’s going to pay…a lot.”

The younger male squinted his eyes. “How much?”

“So much that I could buy the moon.” Eric responded. Minwoo’s eyes widened and he almost dropped the glass from his hands. “Holy cow!” he gasped. “That’s a lot of money.”

Eric nodded. “I know.”

“But Eric ah,”

“Yes?”

“How are you planning to get into the museum to study the place?” Minwoo furrowed his eyebrows interrogatively.

“What do you mean?” Eric frowned.

The shorter guy took out a magazine he had been reading while waiting for Eric and gave it to the man who received it dumbfounded. “Page 6.” Minwoo told. Eric turned the pages hastily as he got to the right one and his eyes got bigger and the frown looked like a cave.

“What the hell does this mean?”

“They are having a family weekend there…if you want to visit the museum, you need to have a family.” Minwoo explained.

“Holy .” Eric face palmed. “I knew it wasn’t going to be easy.”