Chapter 3: The Muns

The Muns

Chapter 3: The Muns

Andy scattered his books around the desk, pulled his pencil out and started to write something down to his notebook. He was trying to focus onto his papers and think about the easiest possible answers but he just couldn’t. Andy just stared at the words on the book and the words he had scribbled onto the paper and gave up, slamming the pencil down.

He was totally not in the mood for homework.

Bending his neck down and slowly heaving a sigh, he couldn’t decrease the feeling that kept throbbing inside his chest. Maybe it was Eric hyungnim’s words, or the fact that he was being way too emotional, Andy had no idea, but maybe his parents were really gone. They did take his nunas with them but since Andy was being the smartest kid in the family they had said that he’ll stay at home to study, because he had that ‘weird neighbor ahjussi’ with him.

Though being with Eric was variety. And to be honest, his old age didn’t bother him. He could be his father, yes, but Eric was more like a brother to him than a father figure. Even though, if Andy ever had the chance to choose another father that was totally opposite to his own dad, it would’ve been Eric.

A smile curved onto Andy’s lips.

Yes, if he ever got the chance.

Hyesung whacked the can of beer onto his coffee table, eyes focusing onto the TV that had a drama going on, as he tried to ignore the feeling that something was missing in his life. He knew what it was but, damn, he didn’t want to recall all those significant things he needed to make his life at least a bit tolerable. He only had his business, argues with that ‘childish bastard’ and his apartment that belonged to his late grandpa who hadn’t, apparently, continued the rent and had pretty much caused his grandchild’s homelessness.

But Hyesung was going to live in that small and narrow apartment until the government pulled the last string of strength out of his body and made him move out.

That could happen real soon though.

There was very little strength inside the man.

“,” Hyesung mumbled, sipping the beer that he grabbed from the table.

At these times, he always wondered on why the didn’t he move with his parents to America and incorporated that stupid company with them. He was a fool back in those ages but he had known how difficult life in America was for a boy like him. So he had chosen his grandpa instead and when he had heard that his parents had divorced and totally forgotten that they had a son, he had kinda given up on his wants.

Not that he regretted it since he really loved his grandpa till the last days he lived. That cancer made him so weak that Hyesung couldn’t sleep for days and that stupid and foolish neighbor of his, Eric Mun, had , commenting about his ‘panda eyes’. Though that day too, he had gotten an apology card and flowers from the same man.

“Tsk…” Hyesung squeezed the can and threw it over his shoulder, still staring at the drama.

If he got one day to be with totally different and nice people, he’d take the chance. He wasn’t the most sociable man in the world and his clumsiness and awkwardness were the biggest problems in his character, but if he got himself a day to be with people, who had totally opposite characteristic features, he would enjoy it.

He’d really take the chance.

Junjin walked on a street while he was thinking where he should go get a good night sleep. The knife in his pocket regained the memory of those two men and the cook, as he was slowly getting off the road, walking towards a man who was speaking in a phone.

“Minwoo ya, all I need is children and a woman…no, I’m not going to kidnap anyone…aish…how bad do you think I am?” the man stood in front of an apartment building, walking back and front. “Minwoo ya, Minwoo ya…listen to me!” Junjin halted his steps when the tall man screamed. “I don’t care who they are and what they look like but where they are capable at. And I will pay them part of the reward money.” That sentence made the boy interested. He advanced the tall man, nudged him once he was behind him, slid his hand into his pocket, pulled out the wallet and ran off.

“Oh, !” the man said. “Some boy stole my wallet. I gotta go Minwoo ya!”

Not noticing another young boy, the old man steaded his body, let out an exasperated exhale and ran after the boy who disappeared behind the corner. The other young boy followed them in suit and when they reached to a dead end, Junjin turned around.

“Looking for this?” he asked, moving the wallet around.

“Yes, as a matter of fact I do.” The man replied.

Both of them reacted when steps echoed in the alley and a boy emerged behind the man.

“Eric hyungnim?”

“Andy ya?”

Junjin’s eyes widened as he noticed the boy and so did Andy’s as he recognized the other one holding the wallet.

“Hey…it’s you.”

Eric had difficulties to realize how the hell did it happen, that the two teenagers had crashed into his house and were now eating their third pizza, not even sharing any eye contact either each other nor even at him, as they just stuffed the delicious thing into their mouths and just…munched. Not really knowing what to do or say, Eric just stared at them in awe and waited until the boys were full.

“Enough?” he questioned after the new, strange boy, leaned onto the back of his chair and tapped his stomach.

Andy nodded. “Yes, hyungnim.”

“So, how the hell do you two know each other?” Eric interrogated.

“We don’t.” Junjin answered nonchalantly.

Andy pouted, arms crossed onto his chest. “We met like hours ago.”

“Yeah, but when I was planning to rob you, I didn’t think we’d call that ‘a meeting’.” Junjin commented dryly.

Somehow Andy wasn’t shocked or surprised by the comment but his fury increased immediately as Junjin didn’t even look at him.

“YAH!” He yelled while slamming his hand onto the table.

Eric cringed. He had never seen Andy’s furious side.

“I don’t care what kind of a ‘bad boy’ you are but when I’m talking to you, you will look at me!” Youngest of them screamed.

“Chill out, babo ya,” Junjin lifted his hands up. “Why are you so pissed off after all? I don’t even know you.”

Andy inhaled and exhaled, glared at him and walked off to the bathroom, banging the door closed. Eric sighed and Junjin snorted.

“He’s sensitive. You should be careful of what you say.” Older man explained.

“Why the would I care?” Junjin snapped.

“Hey, no one swears in my apartment young man!” Eric scolded fatherly.

“You’re not my dad!” Junjin exclaimed.

“BUT I COULD BE!”

They both startled. Eric cleared his throat, grabbed the pizza boxes onto his arms, took them onto his kitchen cabinet and turned around, hesitating weather he should say anything. When he cleared his throat again, he opened his mouth and let out the first nonsensical sentence he could think of.  

“Would you like to help me with something?” He asked.

 Hyesung opened his eyes as he heard terrible noise from the apartment that was opposite of his. He pressed the pillow onto his head and growled when the hullaballoo in that particular one’s apartment didn’t subside. Hyesung got to a sitting position, hair up from places as he put on his slippers and marched out of his apartment, hand ready to slam the door.

When he was about to knock the door, it opened and Eric exited the apartment, carrying those empty boxes on his arms when he startled, after turning his head.

“H-h-hello,” Hyesung tried to keep his voice serious.

“Hi,” Eric answered gloomily, eye bags rarely black.

“I’m sorry, but your apartment is keeping loud noise. Could you please quiet down?” Younger male asked, lifting his hands onto his hips.

Eric blinked his eyes and popped his head through the frame, shouting, “Kids...switch the TV volume down, please.”

Hyesung’s eyes widened. Kids?

“ you,” was the respond that they both heard.

“Ish…” Eric muttered, lifting his other hand up. “Kids…” he said towards his neighbor, who smiled awkwardly.

Andy came to the door frame and Hyesung gasped. Was that boy, whose parents he barely saw, Eric Mun’s son!? How young was he when he got him!?

“Hyungnim,” Andy said. “Please, don’t leave me alone with that douche!! And please, don’t ask him to join us guys!! If that…that…face joins us, I can’t handle it!”

Join what? Hyesung thought.

FLASHBACK:

“Would you like to help me with something?” Eric asked.

Junjin tried to play ignorant when he blinked his eyes innocently and cupped his face, ‘eh’ sound escaping from his lips.

“I need…umm…you’re a total stranger to me…but since you…kinda…ahem…know…Andy ya…I…err…you…could…aish…Minwoo didn’t say that it was this hard to pop out the question.” Eric stammered. Junjin rolled his eyes as the cuteness on his face slowly decreased.

“What?” he retorted.

Eric tsked and shoved his hand. “You could help me...”

Junjin clicked his tongue. “Sure…why would I?” he with a counter question.

“Because,” Eric leaned in. “I know that you rob people and I could see that your skills are average. Would you like to learn how to rob like a professional?” he interrogated.

Junjin’s eyes widened.

“I’d be your teacher in this mission.” The man explained. “All you have to do is to act as my child.”

Junjin pursed his lips as he narrowed his eyes. “How much?”

“200 000 dollars.” Eric responded.

“With that money, I wouldn’t be homeless anymore.” The boy mumbled. “Deal!”

Andy entered the room, huge frown appearing onto his forehead as Eric and that disgusting boy were handshaking. The maknae of the group sat down onto his seat, eyes skeptically scowling in turns from the other, as Eric swallowed slowly and tried to keep his cool.

“What is it?” Andy questioned seriously. “Why are you so solemn?”

“We…we made a deal.” Eric babbled, getting a hit onto his leg under the table. “Me and…umm…what was your name?”

“Junjin,”

Eric nodded and continued, “We made a deal where we don’t need you.”

That was a bit harshly said and Eric knew it since Andy’s eyes started to glister and mouth quiver as he bowed his head, biting his lip so he wouldn’t cry. Junjin rolled his eyes and tried to get Eric’s attention but the old man was already apologizing Andy.

“I’m sorry, Andy ya!” He said. “I shouldn’t have said that! Of course you can help us.”

Andy lifted his head, letting out a sniffle, as those huge teardrops fell from his eyes. That was pretty cute since Junjin had ever seen anything like that before. “I can?” youngest member asked vaguely.

“Yes,” Eric said.

“Will you pay me too?”

Eric startled. “You heard us!?”

Andy shook his head. “Only the part where you talked about money.” He confessed. “So…can I join and get money?”

Eric sighed, glancing at Junjin who was so going to ask for a raise, and patted Andy’s arm.

‘He’s parentless without money.’ Eric mouthed to Junjin whose stiff and rough expression wavered a bit. Andy smiled cutely as he clapped his hands together and stared at the two in turns. “What are we going to do then?”

END OF THE FLASHBACK

Eric sighed and Hyesung could see how the man just wanted to scream his lungs out whilst Andy was standing next to the man, hands on his hips (resembling Hyesung a bit), pout on his lips.

“You just have to endure Junjin.” Eric explained. “Besides, I think you two will become best friends.” He exaggerated and he knew it.

“Aish...”

“Please, Andy ya, do it for your hyungnim?” Eric pursed his lips too.

Hyesung wanted to smack that man, since that was pretty ‘ewww’, but decided to make himself look good in front of that kid.

“Okay,” Andy murmured. “But only because I get mo—,“ Eric covered the boy’s mouth with his hand and Hyesung blinked his eyes in confusion. The tallest man just grinned foolishly, leaned into Andy and told him to get along with Junjin, who was now, enjoying his time on the couch.

When Eric closed the door, Hyesung had so many questions but none of them seemed to come out as the man asked him to move over so he’d pass him and go to the rubbish bins. But he was prevented by the stubborn man from his neighborhood, as Hyesung slid in front of him again and stared at him intensely.

“Have you kidnapped those boys?” that question just spilled out.

“What?” Eric began.

“I didn’t know you had kids.” Hyesung spoke, feeling totally upset.

“Oh,” Eric laughed…awkwardly. “Yes, well, Andy’s not mine but that other kid…Junjin…is.”

Hyesung sneered. “How old is he?”

“18,”

“Wow,” Hyesung raised his eyebrows, “you must’ve been young when you got him.”

“I was…” Eric quickly counted it inside his brain. “…18.”

Hyesung lifted his chin up arrogantly. “Why does it feel like you are ting me? Because if you are,” he went on, “I’m going to call the police.”

The panic rose inside Eric. “No, no, no, no! I’ll tell you the truth! Junjin’s not my son…but he’s Andy’s friend…and my fake son.”

Hyesung frowned bemused. There was no way he understood that explanation so he waited for Eric to go on.

“I don’t know why on earth am I opening up to you when I have two emotionally frustrated and totally each other hating teenagers in my apartment, but good God, don’t call the police. I need those boys and they need me.” Eric explained like his life depended on it. “Andy and Junjin need me…they have nothing, Mr. Shin.”

“Why do you need them?” was only thing Hyesung questioned.

Eric cringed. “W-w-well, I-I-I…ummm…”

“Is it illegal?” Hyesung interrogated. “Is it, isn’t it?”

Eric gulped.

“I know what you do for living, Mr. Mun, and I’ll tell about it to the police if you don’t take me.”

“Take you?” Eric asked dumbfounded.

“Take me with you,” younger man corrected, blushing due his first sentence.

Eric leaned in, squinting his eyes, as he gazed at Hyesung’s face accurately and made the other feel totally intimate though there was like 20 centimeters parting them.

“Fine,” the older man said, his breathing hitting Hyesung’s cheeks. “But if you fail and do something that makes me doubt you, I’ll throw you out. And if you tell about this gig to anyone, I’ll kill you with my bare hands. And,” he mumbled. “If you don’t listen to what I say, I’ll punish you.”

“Seems fair.” Hyesung stated.

“And if you, by any chance, get killed, I won’t take any responsibilities since you practically threw yourself at me.” Eric said. “Why do you even want to join? We hate each other…I hate you.”

The neighbor bit his lower lip as if not wanting to say anything but since Eric’s eyes were piercing at his, he couldn’t hold any longer.

“I need money…a lot…to make my life meaningful again. I can’t afford that apartment and I’m pretty sure my business will get bankrupted.” He whispered. “I-i-I n-n-need you…Eric-sshi,”

Older man arched his eyebrows. “What did you say?”

“I won’t repeat it.” Hyesung pouted. “So am I in or not?”

Eric flashed a wide smirk as he nodded. “You’re in.”

-Next day-

"All we have to do is to act as a family!" Eric explained steadfast. 

"All we have to do!?" was the surprised and a bit irritated comment from the mister-know-it-all. Eric rolled his eyes while nodding and turned to look at Andy. 

"From now on, you're Sun Ho." Andy nodded. "And you're Choong Jae." Junjin wrinkled his nose disgusted. "And you," Eric stared at his "husband" and checked him from head to toe. "You'll be Pil Kyo." 

Hyesung pouted and Eric knew that he didn't like the name. He didn't care though.

"And what about you, hyungnim…I mean ‘appa’?" Andy asked. 

"I'll be Jung Hyuk. Wherever we are, we'll call each other by those names." Eric explained. 

Junjin was bored as he crossed his arms in front of his chest and glared at the others. Andy tsked while looking at his "brother" and Hyesung was thinking why on earth had he made a deal with that douchebag who lived opposite of him. His mind kept yelling ‘money, money’ inside his head.

Eric felt as provoked as the others but like he cared. He just wanted to get this mission dealt with and then return home with the money.

"Hey!" Junjin snapped. "We have names....what about that stupid surname?"

Eric smirked as he asked his "family members" to gather closer. Hyesung felt a shiver going through his body when the man laughed and said, "We're the Muns." 

When the others gave shameful bemoans to the boss of the family, they checked that they had everything with them as they opened the main doors of the museum and entered the huge hall where were people from all around the world.

Eric nodded towards a door that was tightly closed and secured by two big and strong guys while Andy nodded, glanced at Junjin who tsked again before he turned to look at their ‘mom’, who was nervously rubbing his hands onto the jeans’ fabric. Eric noticed it and grabbed that busy hand into his, preventing the man from seeming too weird. Hyesung couldn’t help but blush but he just thought it was because of the air conditioner in the museum.

When they advanced the large ticket office, Eric dug his wallet out and asked four tickets. Andy was looking around the room when a short and decent looking man, emerged behind the door and grinned widely after seeing the ‘family’.

“Welcome to Museum of national history and arts. I’m the owner of this museum and the grandson of the greatest man in the world. My name is Kim Dongwan.” The man bowed solemnly and smiled to the two ‘excited and eager’ looking teenagers. “I guarantee that you’ll see and learn many new things and especially you’ll enjoy your time.” He added.

“Hello,” Eric smirked. “We’re the family Mun. This is my…umm…husband Pil Kyo and these are our adopted children Chung Jae and Sun Ho.” He introduced.

“Wow,” Dongwan gasped. “I rarely see you people.” He spoke. “I’m glad you chose my gay supportive museum.”

Hyesung smiled warmly and put his right hand onto Junjin’s, who however jerked it off, shoulder.

“I hope you enjoy.” With the perfect grin, Kim Dongwan disappeared to the office and left ‘The Muns’ explore the highly secured place alone.

“Let’s go.” was Eric’s last command before they entered the rooms.

 …

Eric shoved his right hand as a sign for Hyesung who nodded and took his Iphone and snapped a photo of the guards’ places. Andy was the eye catcher as he just walked around sneakily but still managing to be as cute and normal as he could (making Junjin feel totally nauseous), counting the meters from the main door to the necklace room (still being able to eye the statues and all). Junjin checked where all the video cameras were while helping his ‘mother’ and ‘brother’.

“Okay,” Eric mouthed while pointing his left hand towards the goal.

His ‘family members’ nodded when suddenly the lights went off and the guards were put to asleep with something.

“Be careful everyone!” Eric, as a professional, shouted as he grabbed Hyesung’s hand, pulled him down with him and covered his body with his.

Just instinctively.

Andy yelped when he was pulled down too and Eric and Junjin slid him between them and asked Hyesung to circle his arms around the youngest one. The loud noise was suddenly gone when the lights flickered open and the guards woke up from their sudden slumber.

A scream broke the confused moment. “No!!”

Eric, Hyesung, Junjin and Andy got up from the floor, feeling extremely embarrassed after embracing each other like that, as they ran to the highly secured room and saw Mr. Kim Dongwan, gasping and seeming rather shocked.

“Mr. Kim!” Someone yelled as the man almost lost his balance. “What happened?”

Dongwan shook his head and grabbed it with his hands as he mumbled, “T-t-the n-n-necklace…it’s gone.”

Eric’s eyes widened as he turned to look at the others and shook his head so slowly that Hyesung perceived what it meant and put on that not-stirring and serious look. Andy stared at the empty glass closet and glanced at Junjin who shrugged.

“I c-c-can’t believe it…m-m-my necklace…is gone.”   


*Le gasp*

How come the necklace was stolen even though The Muns didn't reach the room!?!?!? Omg!! What the hell!?

I know this was rather fast paced chapter but I just....you know...want to get quickly to the awesome (like my tag says). 

And please people!! COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE AND DO ANYTHING YOU LIKE TO MAKE ME FEEL HAPPY AND TO GUARANTEE THAT I DON'T MAKE MISTAKES!! Bc of you, my readers, I get that wanted strength to write. <3

 

FIGHTING!

P.S. I never write a/n at the end so this is pretty weird. O_____o