Chapter 1: Yuri's life with her step family

Supergeneration Fairy Tale stories [Hiatus]

Chapter 1:  Yuri’s life with her step family

Once upon a time, there was a girl named Kwon Yuri whose life was apparently perfect. She was a really beautiful girl. Long black hair, tanned skin, perfect body and more. But those shallow things didn’t mind for her, she was happy with her life as it was. Her father loved her very much and he gave her the nickname of black pearl because she was like one, an uncommon but really precious and valuable jewel.

She lived only with her father because her mom passed away when she was a baby. She missed her mom but she felt that she didn’t need anyone else if had her father but his mind was different. He really loved her but he felt that he needed something else.

When Yuri turned 16 her father gave her shocking news.

“My black pearl” he said smiling

“Daddy” she ran to him and hugged him 

“I have really good news for you” he said and he couldn’t hide his happiness

“Tell me” she said excited

“I’m going to get married” he said and she was shocked. She didn’t know what to say.

“Oh” she just said showing no emotion

“Aren’t you happy for me?” he asked using his puppy eyes

“Of course I am” Yuri said and hugged him.

 She wanted to cry but she held her tears. She didn’t want someone to replace her mom but if her father was happy, she had to be happy for him. Maybe it wouldn’t be that bad.

One day, her father brought her fiancé and her daughters to his house to meet Yuri.

“Yul, meet your future step mother Gyuri” a really scary woman appeared in front of her and looked at her from head to toe.

“Nice to meet you” Gyuri said and Yuri had the impression that she was kind of faking

“The pleasure is mine” Yuri said

“Oh and this are my daughters, Seungyeon and Nicole” Gyuri said introducing the two young ladies that suddenly appeared. The girls were pretty but nothing compared to Yuri so they looked a little bit jealous when they saw her.

“I’m prettier than her” Seungyeon whispered to Nicole

“And I’m prettier that you both” Nicole said and her sister hit her

“That’s not true” she said hitting her back

“Girls behave!” Gyuri yelled and that gave everyone goosebumps. “Sorry for raising my voice”

“It’s ok honey” Yuri’s father said. Yuri just looked at them sad. She should have expected that. Her father was still young and handsome so it was kind of predictable that he would remarry sooner or later.

After the marriage, Yuri’s life changed. The three women moved into her house and she had to share her room with her stepsisters. They could be really annoying sometimes because they always fought about who was prettier and over boys.

Gyuri was apparently nice with Yuri at first but later things changed. When Yuri was 17, her father got really sick. Yuri took care of him very well but it wasn’t enough.  The doctor diagnosed that he had only a few months left and Yuri didn’t stop crying since then.

Some months passed by. He was lying on bed and was extremely weak.

“Appa, please don’t leave me” Yuri said crying on his chest

“Don’t cry my black pearl” he said patting her head “You are a strong woman”

“I need you” she said still in tears

“I’m sure you are going to be ok” he said trying to smile “I love my precious daughter, never forget that you are special and that no one can make you feel less”

“Appa…” she said crying

“Before I go… I want you to have this” he said and handed her black pearl bracelet. Yuri looked surprised because she had never seen that before. He smiled. “It belonged to your mom and I wanted to give it to you when you turned 18 but I think I’m not going to be here for that day”

She felt really sad when her father said that. She still wasn’t ready to face the truth. Her father put the bracelet on her wrist and smiled brightly.

 After that, the man finally closed his eyes and died. Yuri sobbed hardly and since that moment, her life turned upside down.

The woman that his father had married, stopped being nice to her. Yuri had sensed from the first moment that she was really evil and was now realizing that it was truth. She didn’t care a bit about Yuri. She only gave her food and paid for her studies with her father’s money but still asked for something in exchange: She had to do the house chores and do everything they told her.  

She couldn’t refuse because if she didn’t do it, she’ll have to drop school. Her stepsisters where even more spoiled than she had imagined and they treated her as a maid.

Apart from that, Gyuri took the bracelet away from her and wore it herself and that made Yuri really angry. Not because it was an expensive gift but because it was something that belonged to her mom and that her father gave her before dying.

Everyday was like hell to Yuri because she had to do everything they told her.

“YAH Yuri did you polished my shoes?!” Nicole yelled at her. Yuri who was cleaning the kitchen, nodded.

“Yes, they are in your room already” she said

“YURI!” someone yelled and she sighed. It was Seungyeon.

“What?” she asked tired

“Where is my red dress?! Where did you put it?!” she asked desperate

“Yesterday you told me to take it to the dry cleaner, remember?” Yuri said

“Aish!” Seungyeon complained “Now, what am I going to wear for Hara’s party tomorrow?”

“You have like a hundred of dresses Seungyeon” Yuri said and rolled her eyes. She went back to the kitchen to continue cleaning.

“YURI!” someone yelled, this time it was Gyuri. She approached to her and saw her resting in the garden. She saw that she was still wearing her bracelet in her wrist. She wanted to take it from her but she didn’t want to be accused of stealing something.

“Yes, madam?” she asked annoyed. Gyuri didn’t allow Yuri to call her mom, mother or anything similar. She just wanted to be called madam by her.

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!” Gyuri asked yelling.

“I’m cleaning the kitchen as you told me” she said

“And you haven’t finish yet?” she asked mad

“It’s a lot of work!” she said angry

“DON’T ANSWER BACK!” she yelled “Do what you are doing, later! Now I want you to iron my cloth for tonight”

“Where are you going?” Yuri asked suddenly

“And why do you care?!” she asked rudely “Less talking, more working!”

Gyuri shooed her with her hand and Yuri sighed. She hated her life now. She hated her stepmother and her stepsisters and she just wanted to run away. She was going to wait until she turned 18, to leave that house because she couldn’t stand them anymore.