Chapter 2: Weird encounter

Supergeneration Fairy Tale stories [Hiatus]

Chapter 2: Weird encounter

Hyorin laughed as she saw the little creature on her feet.  Sungmin didn’t know what had happened to him. He just felt weird. A little tiny and with a lot of fur and big ears.

“What did you do to me?!” he yelled at her. She looked at him funnily

“Oh you can talk?” she asked surprised but then laughed

“YAH! Turn me back!” he yelled but she shook her head

“Not going to do that” she said and smirked “The only way you can become human again is to have a princess give you her first kiss”

“WHAT?” he asked shocked “How am I supposed to make someone kiss me when I look like this?!”

“That’s what you get for rejecting me” she said and laughed evilly. “Oh and you can NOT tell her you are the prince or the spell won’t break”

Sungmin looked at her with hatred and ran away as fast as he could.He ran to pond nearby and looked at his reflection. He was shocked to see what he was seeing. He had been just turned into a little rabbit. He didn’t know what to do now. He guessed he should find a princess. He then remembered that his mom once told him about a princess from the North Kingdom. Maybe she could help him.

……………………………

Joongki’s hands were sweating and shaking due to the nervousness. That night they were officially going to announce his engagement with princess Sunkyu. He felt happy about it but he also thought that it was unfair for his cousin. He knew Sungmin was the one who was meant to be king, not him.

“Where the hell are you Sungmin?” he asked and sighed

*Knock*knock

“Come in” he said and put a smile on his face when he saw the queen

“Joongki, are you ready?” she asked

“I guess I am” he said and then looked up to face her “But… don’t you think we should wait for Sungmin?”

“This engagement party has to be done tonight” she said and then sighed “If Sungmin doesn’t appear, it’ll have to be you”

Joongki sighed again and the nodded. He wouldn’t disobey. They walked out of his room and went down stairs. The carriage that was going to take them to the North Kingdom was already outside.

……………………………………….

Sunny was in her room with Hyoyeon, getting ready for the party, her engagement party. She sighed at the thought of having to marry someone she barely even knew.

“Sunny, you can still back off from this arranged marriage” Hyoyeon said as she saw her best friend’s sad face

“It wouldn’t be the right thing to do” she said and sighed once again “I wished I at least knew him”

“Maybe he is a nice and handsome man” Hyoyeon said shrugging, trying to cheer her up with her comment

“Or maybe he is an ugly and conceited jerk” Sunny joked and Hyoyeon laughed. Sunny also laughed but then stopped and sighed. They suddenly heard a knock on the door and Hyoyeon went to open it. She immediately bowed when she saw the king and the queen.

“Are you ready bunny?” her dad asked her and she faked a smile “The guests are already arriving”

“I guess I am” she said still doubtful. She hold her dad arm and they walked out, followed by the queen and then Hyoyeon, who was there to support Sunny.

“So this is it…” she whispered with a sad voice “The day I’ll meet my fiancé”

The ball room was perfectly decorated and the guests were already arriving. There were lots of waiters serving food and drinks around and people were chatting happily while listening to the sound of the orchestra.

Suddenly everyone became quiet when the door opened and the butler stood in the middle, getting everyone’s attention

“Announcing the entrance of Queen Marie of the South Kingdom and her nephew Song Joongki” he said. Upon hearing the name of Joongki, everyone started whispering. They were expecting her son, Sungmin, not him.

The queen walked in elegantly and everyone bowed. Behind her, there was Joongki that was smiling. Everyone could easily fall for his smile.

She walked where Sunny and her parents were standing and she greeted them. They smiled and the King announced that they could continue with the party. The king was surprised to see Joongki instead of Sungmin and wondered if it was a trap. He had a serious expression on his face but he pretended everything was fine as he didn’t want people to start gossiping.

“Is this some kind of a joke?” he asked the other queen “The engagement was supposed to be between your son and my daughter”

“My son is no longer going to be king” she said with a serious expression and they were surprised. Their conversation was private so no one heard.  “Joongki is the future king, so he is the one that’s going to be engaged to your daughter”

“Well if Joongki is the prince then he is welcome” Sunny’s mother said and the queen smiled

“Let’s continue with this” Queen Marie said they nodded

They walked out and stood on the stage. Everyone stopped doing what they were doing once again and paid attention to the announcement.

“Thank you all for coming” Sunny’s father said as he was the host “Today is a really special occasion since we’ll be announcing the engagement of my beloved daughter Sunkyu, princess of the North Kingdom and Joongki, prince of the South Kingdom”

Everyone clapped happily and cheered for the new couple. Sunny and Joongki walked down and everyone congratulated them. Sunny was faking a smile, pretending that everything was fine. She could see that Joongki was a good guy but she didn’t love him.

“Miss Sunny” he said when they were alone finally as they had walked outside to get to know each other “I know we were forced to marry and I don’t expect you to love me but I’ll to try my best to be a good husband and a guy you can love”

Sunny smiled. At least he was nice and handsome. She really appreciated his concern and his kindness.

“Thank you, Joongki sshi” she said “I’ll try my best but… I can’t assure you that I’ll fall in love with you”

He looked down with sad eyes but he tried to pretend it was fine. Sunny didn’t notice his sadness as he smiled again.

“Don’t worry” he said.

“Joongki sshi, can you please leave me alone for a while?” she asked suddenly “I need some time alone to think”

He nodded and kissed her hand gently before leaving. She sighed once again and walked not so far away, where there was a pond.

The moon was shining brightly and the weather was nice and warm. It was a really good night to be outside. She looked at her reflection in the mirror and couldn’t help the tears that were rolling down her eyes.

“What should I do?” she asked wiping her tears

“Miss I need your help!” she help someone yelling suddenly and she turned around startled but she saw no one. She was completely alone in the place so it was weird to hear someone asking for help.

“Maybe it’s just my imagination” she said and shook her head.

“I’m here!” she heard a voice once again and this time she freaked out.

“W-who are you?” she asked a little bit scared. She suddenly looked down and her eyes widened when she saw a cute and white rabbit.

“OMG how cute” she said taking the rabbit in her arms almost forgetting about the weird voice. Her smile was wide as she was caressing the rabbit’s fur. “Did you get lost bunny?”

“YAH! I’m asking for your help here!” she suddenly heard him say and she was startled

 “AHH” Sunny screamed shocked and accidentally dropped the rabbit from her arms.

“YAH! Why are so clumsy!” he complained when he hit the ground. Sunny’s eyes were widened with the shock of hearing it speaking.

“H-how can you talk?” she stuttered rather scares

“It’s a long story” he said “I just need your help!”

“You may be cute but you are really rude!” she yelled at him “Not going to help you!”

“Aish I just need one favor!” he said starting to get impatient “I just need you to kiss me”

“What?!” she asked shocked “Kiss you? Are you insane?”

“No! It’s just a simple kiss!” the rabbit said and Sunny looked at him as if he was insane

“Look I don’t even know who you are and I’m starting to think I’m going crazy since rabbits don’t talk!”

She started walking away from him and he immediately ran after him. She was his only hope and he wouldn’t let her go without a kiss.

“Wait!” he yelled

“Just leave me alone!” she said “I need to go back to my engagement party”

“Wait what?” he asked surprised “You are engaged?”

“Yes, to the prince of the South Kingdom, Song Joongki” he said and Sungmin’s rabbit eyes widened.

“Song Joongki?” he asked “Isn’t the prince, Lee Sungmin?”

“Apparently the guy disappeared, I don’t know” she said starting to get impatient “I don’t even why I am talking to a rabbit about this”

She walked away and Sungmin was frozen in his spot. So they were replacing him?

Now he needed to go back to his real form faster than ever because he couldn’t let anyone take his place and the only one who could help him was her.

.......................

Updated finally! :D thanks for the support