Chapter 4: The ball

Supergeneration Fairy Tale stories [Hiatus]

Chapter 4: The ball

After everything that happened, Yesung started treating Yuri better. He wasn’t mean now because he felt really guilty about what happened and he was starting to care about her even though he wouldn’t admit it.

Yuri felt more comfortable around Yesung now. She had developed a secret crush on him but she didn’t want to admit it. Since he saved her and started treating her better, she started to like him but she kept it secret and continued acting cold towards him.

She was cleaning Yesung’s room because he wasn’t home. She was so focused on her work that she didn’t realize that he had already returned.

“You don’t need to clean my room” he said suddenly and she jumped startled. Yesung chuckled at her reaction and she blushed when her eyes met his.

“I’m your maid, remember?” she said and continued

“You are my personal assistant, not my maid” he said chuckling again “And besides you just have to do what I tell you”

“Then what do you want me to do?” she asked looking at him angrily

“I just want you to stop cleaning” he said grabbing her wrist and making her stop. She looked at him surprised and blushed again.

“Kim Jongwoon” someone called from downstairs. It was his mom calling for him.

“I’ll be right back” he said and left his room. He walked downstairs and greeted his mom with a hug.

“Why were you calling me mom?” he asked politely

“I just want to tell you something important” she said and smiled at him. She signaled him to take a seat on the couch next to her and he did as he was told. “As you know, your 18 birthday is coming soon”

“Yes mom, I’m excited” he said really happy

“I’m glad to hear that” she said “Because we are going to throw a big party”

“Wow what is that about?” he asked excited but at the same time confused. His mom would never agree to do something like that unless there was a reason behind it.

“You are going to get engaged” she said and Yesung’s eyes widened

“WHAT?!” he asked in disbelief “To who?”

“That’s why we are having a ball” she said and smiled “We need to find the perfect woman for you, so we’ll invite all the girls in this town”

“What if I don’t agree?” he asked seriously and his mom looked at him the same way

“You don’t have a choice” she said “You have to get married whether you like it or not. And it better be someone you choose at the party before your grandfather picks someone else”

Yesung didn’t know what to say. He couldn’t let his grandfather choose a wife for him but he didn’t want to choose either. He was too young to get married but he knew he had to agree.

“Ok…” he said “But… you can’t reject the person I choose ok?”

“Fine” his mom said and smiled because he agreed “We’ll respect your decision”

“Good” he said and then stood up to go his room. As he was walking upstairs he sighed. He couldn’t believe that he was going to choose a wife in one week!

When he entered his room, he slammed his door not remembering that Yuri was inside. She gasped shocked and then he realized she was there.

“Sorry” he said “Forgot you were there”

“Are you ok?” she asked him after seeing his expression and he sighed again

“My mom wants me to pick a wife on my 18 birthday so she is throwing a big party and she is going to invite all the girls in this town”

Yuri’s eyes widened at his confession. He was going to get married? Yuri felt really sad and she wanted to cry but she had to hold her tears.

“And you are ok with that?” she asked him sadly. She avoided his gaze because she didn’t want him to notice that she was sad.

“I have no choice” he whispered “But at least I get to choose”

…………………………………………

Yuri couldn’t help her feelings anymore. She had to tell someone and that someone was her best friend Yoona. At the school, almost all the girls were already spazzing about Yesung’s party and most of them were dreaming on their wedding already.

“Yul, everything is going to be ok” Yoona said comforting her

“No, it is not” she said hugging her “He is getting married and I can’t even tell him I like him”

“You should go to that ball!” Yoona said excited about the idea “Impress him”

“I cannot go” she said and sighed “I have no dress and no money to buy one and besides… I’m just a maid”

“Don’t you read fairytales?!” Yoona said surprised “Come on Yul, you have to go and you can borrow a dress from me”

“I don’t know Yoong” she said looking down “I don’t even know if he is going to choose me”

“Don’t give up without fighting”

………………………………………

Yesung was daydreaming on the cafeteria when someone suddenly tapped his shoulder. He turned his head and saw Siwon.

“So I found out about your party” he said and sat next to him

“It was my mom’s idea” he said

“You don’t sound excited” Siwon said

“I’m not” Yesung replied playing with his food

“I just hope you don’t choose Yoona” Siwon said and Yesung chuckled

“Yeah I’m totally going to choose her” Yesung joked and Siwon sent him a death glare “Just kidding dude. But if you really like her, just tell her”

Siwon blushed and decided to change the topic because he felt really embarrassed about talking about it with him.

“I’ll give you the same advice” he said seriously “I know you like Yuri”

Yesung was shocked with what he said. He never thought Siwon knew that he liked Yuri.

“I… can’t tell her” he said blushing “After how I treated her, I don’t know if she will like me back”

“You won’t know if you don’t try” Siwon said and patted his shoulder

…………………………………..

Yuri was going home after school, when she suddenly received a phone call. At first she thought it was Yesung but she was surprised when she saw the number.

“What do you want?” she asked impatiently

“DON’T BE SO RUDE TO ME!” Gyuri yelled at her on the other line

“We are not related so I can talk to you like I want!” Yuri yelled back

“You little b*tch” she said angrily “I know you took it!”

“What are you talking about?!” Yuri asked angrily. She was already loosing patience

“Don’t act as if you don’t know! The bracelet! I know you took it before you left!” Gyuri yelled at her. Yuri was surprised and she didn’t know what to say. It was true, she took it but it wasn’t as if she had stolen it, it was hers any way.

“How could you lose something that important?” Yuri said pretending she didn’t know anything

“Don’t act, I know you have it!” she yelled again “I want you back right now or else I’ll sue you!”

“WHAT?” she asked surprised “You don’t even have proves!”

Gyuri just laughed. Yuri couldn’t see her but she could imagine her evil smirk at that moment.

“You know me better than that” she said “I don’t need proves to send you to jail”

Yuri sighed, she didn’t have another choice.

“Fine” she said “I’ll be there”

Yuri hung up and went to Yesung’s house to pick up her stuff. She couldn’t believe she had been so silly to take the bracelet back but it was precious to her. When she arrived, she went immediately to her room and took her stuff. Luckily Yesung wasn’t home so she didn’t have to say goodbye to him. She just thanked the maids there and Mrs. Kim and left. She went back to her house and it was like going back to hell.

…………………………..

The day of the ball, all the girls in town were getting ready. Some were more excited than others but all of them wanted to look beautiful for the occasion.

Seungyeon and Nicole were driving Yuri crazy. They wanted her to polish their nails, to do their hair, to fix their dresses and so on.

“Yesung oppa is totally going to choose me” Seungyeon said

“You are wrong!” Nicole said “He is going to choose me!”

They started fighting as always and Gyuri had to stop them.

“Girls! No matter who he chooses, the important thing is that he has to choose one of you” she said and smirked

“Of course” both girls said

“Hey Yuri, you are not going to the ball right?” Nicole asked teasing her. She knew Gyuri wouldn’t let her go

“Don’t be silly Nicole” Gyuri said and laughed “Maids like her don’t fit in parties like that”

The three of them laughed and Yuri felt like punching her but she controlled herself. She couldn’t do anything about it because she knew that if she disobeyed her, she would have to face the consequences.

“We’ll be back at 12.30” Gyuri told her when they were about to leave “If I come back and you are not here, you’ll regret it”

She smirked and left followed by her daughters that were already ready for the occasion. Yuri sighed and went to her room. She locked herself and started crying. She couldn’t believe her life was so miserable.

She stayed there for a long time until she heard the bell of the house rang. She wiped her tears and went to open the door thinking that maybe one of her stepsisters forgot something. When she opened it, she was surprised to see Yoona there.

“Yoong? What are you doing here?” she asked surprised “I thought you were at the party”

“I’m not going without you” she said and entered the house with a box

“I can’t go” Yuri said “My stepmother threatened me”

“She doesn’t have to know it is you” Yoona said and smirked. She opened the box and showed her a mask. Yuri took a look inside the box and saw a beautiful dress inside it. She was surprised to see it.

“You are totally going to that ball and we’ll back before them” Yoona said and dragged Yuri to her room to help her get ready before she could start complaining.

…………………………………

The Kim mansion was decorated for the occasion. Everything was perfect and everyone that arrived was amazed with the beauty of that place that looked like a royal palace. The girls with their families started to arrive and Yesung felt really nervous. Siwon was at his side and noticed that he wasn’t as happy as he should be, instead he was angry and he knew why.

“I can’t believe Yuri left the house without saying anything” he said suddenly

“Maybe he had a really good reason” Siwon said

“I just hope she comes today” Yesung said anxious “If she doesn’t, I’ll have to choose someone else”

When he finished saying that, his eyes noticed something that shocked him. At the door, two beautiful girls had arrived. One of them was Yoona and the other one’s identity was unknown for everyone as she was wearing a mask. Yesung attention was on the girl with the mask as he was mesmerized with her beauty.

Siwon smiled when he saw Yoona and left Yesung alone. He walked to her side and she blushed when she saw him.

“You two look beautiful” he complimented them. “Yoona, will you dance with me?”

Yoona looked at Yuri as if she was asking for permission to leave her alone and she just nodded with a smile on her face. She watched as the two of them walked to the center and started dancing a waltz. She was concentrated on them that she didn’t noticed that someone had arrived at her side.

“Welcome to my party” he said and she turned around surprised to see Yesung next to her. He took her hand and kissed it making her blush. “Who are you?”

“I’m…” she was about to say Kwon Yuri but she knew she couldn’t reveal her identity “Call me black pearl”

Yesung chuckled.

“Have I seen you before?” he asked “Because I know I wouldn’t forget such a beautiful girl”

“Maybe yes” she said and he smiled

“Can I have this dance?” he asked her bowing

“It would be a pleasure” she said and took his hand. Somehow, the touch of her hand seemed familiar to him but he couldn’t remember where he had met her before.  

-------------------------

Hi everyone, i'm really REALLY sorry for the late update. I'll try to update more often,pls wait patiently :D thanks for reading and subscribing