American

[HIATUS] A Ticket to Super Seoul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sungmin turned around to look at Kyuhyun, surprised. Other pairs of eyes followed, including mine. I felt a little shocked, and I didn't know what to expect to happen next.

 

‘Sungmin-ah… Why are you talking about Hana behind her back?’

 

From Kyuhyun, I looked at Sungmin. Our eyes met.

 

“Kyu, what do you mean? I told others what happened earlier,” Sungmin said, still looking at me. From his eyes, I could see that he was saying sorry.

 

“Still, you can’t say it like -“

 

“Kyuhyun, it’s okay,” I interrupted him, stepping forward. I looked at Kyuhyun’s face. I was surprised to see how angry he was. His facial expressions were many times so hard to read. Seeing his emotions so clearly surprised me.

 

The whole room had fallen awkwardly silent. I looked at the others, who looked at me and Kyuhyun. All of their faces seemed shocked by what had just happened. We stood there in silence for a moment, no-one said anything. Why are they all being like this?

 

The TV was the only thing making any sound in the room. I decided that I should break the silence as soon as possible. I didn't feel comfortable in such atmosphere. I walked to the couch and sat next to Sungmin.

 

“What are you watching?” I asked with a normal tone, as if nothing had happened. The look on Sungmin's face was still apologetic.

 

“I’m sorry, Hana-ah… I didn’t mean to say it like that…” he started but stopped. He didn’t know how to continue.

 

I blinked at him: “Sungmin, it’s fine. I know that’s what the CEO essentially meant.”

 

“But… But… It’s not proper… Hana-ah, you’re only 20 and…”

 

I could see the other members looking at Sungmin, trying to tell him to cut it off. That’s when I understood what was going on. Oh…

 

“Ah… So that's what it is about. Umm... How should I put this…” I mumbled thinking. The members looked at me, not knowing what I was about to say.

 

“I know I’m a girl,” I started, talking to everyone. I felt a little unsure with what I was saying, but I didn’t know how else to put it. “But I don’t want you to feel awkward when I’m around. Yes, I’m 20, but that makes me an adult. It’s not like I haven’t had a boyfriend, or guy friends... I know how guys talk and what they talk about.” I paused for a second. “Believe me, guys in America don’t care if a friend, who’s a girl, is there or not. I’ve heard things I wish I hadn’t heard. So if I hear something I shouldn’t... it won’t ruin me.”

 

I looked at Sungmin, who was still processing my words. “I’m fine. It’s okay.” I then moved my eyes to Kyuhyun. He looked at me, his anger slowly fading.

 

Me saying this seemed to result a reaction in everyone.

 

“Waah, I never thought I would hear a girl say that!”

 

“Omo…”

 

“She really is American,” someone uttered a laughter.

 

“That’s pretty cool actually…”

 

“Did you get everything from the store?” Leeteuk asked, making a favor to everyone by changing the topic. Talking started to fill the room again.

 

“Nee,” I nodded smiling. “I got you more strawberry milk,” I told Eunhyuk who was sitting near me. A smile lighted up his face.

 

I then noticed Sungmin still frozen in shock. He looked like he didn't know how to react.

 

“Sungmin-ah?” I tilted my head. “Omo…”

 

I poked Sungmin on his forehead, as I didn't know what else to do. He finally seemed to snap out of it. Suddenly, he noticed the bunny I was holding, which helped him to move on from the earlier subject.

 

“Aigoo, you got a bunny? Did you win it? You should’ve brought me a pink one!”

 

“Next time, we can go together, and try to win you one,” I promised, smiling. I noticed Kyuhyun giving me a look. I almost felt relaxed, because I had no idea what it meant.

 

“How was all of your day?” I asked looking at Eunhyuk and Donghae, who were - of course - sitting next to each other.

 

“Omo, so much work… I’m tired,” Donghae sighed acting like he was going to faint any moment. He let his head fall on Eunhyuk’s shoulder, who brushed it off frustrated.

 

“Aigoo,” Hyukjae complained, giving a look to his other half. Donghae answered with a cute smile.

 

I could only laugh at the two.

 

After having some late dinner, everyone pretty much got into their rooms. They were all tired after working hard on their new album. I felt tired after my day too, so I decided to follow the members’ example and go to sleep. I got my pajamas and my other things from my room to change in the bathroom - even though Eunhyuk was in Leeteuk and Donghae’s room, I still didn’t want to change my clothes in our room. He could accidentally surprise me. As I was going to the bathroom, I couldn’t ignore the fact that I heard someone say my name in one of the rooms. It came from Sungmin and Kyuhyun’s room.

 

“I still can’t believe Hana said something like that,” I heard Sungmin say.

 

“You shouldn’t have explained it like that in the first place,” Kyuhyun’s voice sounded scolding.

 

“Since when did you become so protective over her?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter