Too Many Birthdays

[HIATUS] A Ticket to Super Seoul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heechul stayed in the room until I fell asleep - he said he was making sure I wouldn't crack another soju bottle open. The next morning, I woke up later than usually. It was already 9AM. Everyone had left for their schedules, only Henry and Zhoumi stayed in the dorm.

"Good morning!" I found Zhoumi reading a Chinese newspaper in the kitchen.

"Morning!" I greeted. I felt uneasy. He must think that I'm a total weirdo after yesterday… What a good first impression, Kim Hana.

"You don't have a schedule today?" I asked, trying to start a conversation as I made myself some breakfast. I wanted to still seem like a normal person to him.

"Henry and I have a lot of free time when Super Junior-M is not promoting," he explained. "So it seems like you have to spend some time with us here."

"That sounds good! Hanging around here alone does get boring after a while." I sat down with my breakfast sandwich.

"Have you been looking around the town?"

"I know a few blocks around the building and Jongwoon (A.N: Yesung) showed me around... I really don't have the courage to go far by myself. I would get lost," I admitted. "Maybe I should use the GPS on my phone..."

He laughed; "People would probably look at you funny if you walked around with a phone telling you to 'take right and walk 200m to your destination'."

I chuckled, shrugging. "Possibly."

I was glad Zhoumi didn't say anything about yesterday. He acted natural, as if nothing had happened.

"I was thinking about going shopping today afternoon. Care to join me? Henry is really not much of a shopper."

"Sure!" I agreed instantly. It had been a while since I had been going around stores. I think I need new shorts...

After the breakfast, I went outside to the small balcony to make a phone call.

"Hello?" said Chloe's voice on the other end. I had just talked to her the day before, but I felt like after last night I had to talk to her again. I knew she would understand me. She always did.

"Hey, Chloe."

"Hey, sweetie! What's up?"

"Chloe... Something happened last night."

"What do you mean? Are you okay?" she sounded alarmed.

"He called me..." I didn't need to say anything else, because I knew she would know what I meant.

"WHAT? How?! How is that possible? What did he say? Oh no... How did he even get your number??" She took a sharp breath and seemed to realize something; "Oh no! Nononono... Oh Hana, this is all my fault! How could I have been so stupid?! Oh no... I'm so sorry, Hana..."

"Slow down... What are you talking about?"

"Oh, Hana... I saw him a few days ago... I hadn't seen him since...since you know, but he was at a friend's house the other night. I kept avoiding him the whole time, but then... A friend of his asked if he could use my phone, because his battery died or something. That's how he must've got it! Hana, I'm so so sorry..."

The tone of her voice sounded so worried, I quickly told her not to blame herself.

"It's not your fault. Don't worry. I know you wouldn't do it on purpose."

"Oh, Hana... What happened? What did he say? That dumb..." her voice faded away, but I could hear the cuss words she used of him.

"Actually, I didn't answer the call... Sungmin... Sungmin was drunk and didn't understand what was going on... He accidentally pressed ‘answer’."

"Oh no!"

"So I had to talk to him... It was...bad," I swallowed slowly, not going in detail. "Zhoumi and Henry returned yesterday, so we had dinner and the guys were drinking soju. Junghoon wouldn't let me drink, but... I was stupid, and I caused a scene taking a bottle of soju and closing myself into my room after I received the phone call."

"Oh, sweetie... I'm so sorry... Whatever he said... You know he lies, right? That's what he does. Whatever you do, don't listen to him!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter