Investigating

[HIATUS] A Ticket to Super Seoul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I woke up to someone talking in the room.

 

“Hyukkie… Hyukkie! Wake up.” It was just a whisper. The answer was just mumbling.

 

Another voice came from near me.

 

“Hana-ssi… It’s 7AM. You can wake up to follow our activities, or you can stay here and sleep in. Do as you wish,” a familiar voice said, but I could not think of who it belonged to.

 

I mumbled something that reminded of the word ‘yes’. I heard them leave, and a while later I got up. I yawned and looked at Eunhyuk.

 

“Hyukjae! Wake up,” I said powerlessly.

 

He mumbled back something that I couldn’t make out what it was. I decided to let him be for now, so I went to my wardrobe and picked up some clothes for myself. I got my makeup bag and everything else I needed. I was about to go to the door, when I remembered; I would have to cross the living space. I decided to check myself on the mirror on the wall.

 

God, my hair is a mess. A quick bun was made to fix it. I then took all my stuff, and said good morning to everyone I saw while heading to the bathrooms.

 

I quickly changed and got myself ready for the day. I don’t use a lot of makeup, so I just did the usual mascara, concealer, and blush. I decided to just fix my bun, and not go for anything special that day. After brushing my teeth, I got back to our room to return my belongings there. Eunhyuk had not moved a bit.

 

“Hyukjae-ssi~ Wake up~” I said carefully. When nothing happened, I repeated, louder.

 

“Yah, Hyukjae! You have work to do today.” Again, nothing happened. Maybe I should try his stage name...

 

“Eunhyuuuk~ Everyone’s waiting!”

 

“Try hitting him with a pillow,” I heard a voice from the door.

 

I saw one of the members grinning. I wasn't sure what the grinning meant, the expression on his face looked a little enigmatic. What was his name again…?  I knew he was the group’s maknae.

 

“Nooo!” another voice came to the door. Donghae. “You need to hug him gently, and he’ll wake up.”

 

I let out a nervous laugh. I really wasn’t going to start cuddling with Eunhyuk.

 

“What about you take care of it?” I suggested.

 

Donghae nodded happily and then jumped to Eunhyuk’s bed.

 

“Hyukkiiee~ Donghae is here~” I heard Donghae’s aegyo voice.

 

I left the two of them there, following the maknae to the kitchen.

 

“You should’ve hit him with a pillow. That’s how most members wake each other up,” he told me.

 

“So... you really are evil?” I made a joke, a lame one, but he gave me an evil grin as a response.

 

“Are you remembering everyone’s names okay?”

 

“I only remember few members for now. I was thinking about looking you all up online or something.”

 

“So, who am I?”

 

“You’re umm… Kyu...?” I tried to remember from yesterday.

 

“Kyuhyun,” he helped.

 

“Ahh… Kyuhyun... Almost got it.”

 

Almost everyone was in the kitchen already. Donghae and Eunhyuk were probably the only ones missing.

 

“Hana-ah! Did you sleep well?” Sungmin gave me a bright smile.

 

“Yes, I did. Good morning, everyone,” I greeted the members. Many greeted me back.

 

The small member - I really need to learn his name, he seemed to be the cook in the house - served breakfast, as everyone sat down. Donghae came into the kitchen after a while, and Eunhyuk followed him later. He probably didn’t sleep well, I thought.

 

Kim Junghoon soon came in. He had a pile of folders which he put down to the table.

 

“Morning, everyone. I have your schedules right here. Is everyone but Siwon present?” he started. “Alright, I think at least half of you are just recording your upcoming album. But still, everyone, check what yours says, since a few of you do have some individual activities today also.” He started handing the folders to each member. I passed some over, and noticed that each of them had a name written on the cover.

 

Sungmin sat next to me, so I could see that there was a paper inside telling the week’s schedule. I didn’t have time to read what he had on his schedule today. Sungmin turned to me excited.

 

“I have to go record our new album today. Want to go to the studio with me?”

 

“Sure,” I agreed. I really had nothing else to do for now. Besides I had never been in a professional recording studio. I really want to hear them all sing...

 

“Oh yeah, Hana! Here’s your key card,” Junghoon said giving me a long keyband that had a card hanging on it. It looked exactly the same as the one he had around his neck. “Now you can go in and out in the building.”

 

“Thank you.” I looked at the pink SM Entertainment logos on the white band. I quickly put it around my neck, so that I wouldn’t lose it right away.

 

Everyone finished their breakfast, then heading to where ever they were going that day. Sungmin waited for me to get some shoes from my room, and then he took me to the recording studios on the 3rd floor.

 

The floor consisted of multiple recording studios. We entered the one saying number 3. The studio was a soundproof room that had a recording microphone with headphones. It had a window to the other room that had huge table with computers and all kinds of equipment needed. Big stereos were set on the walls. There were a few couches for people who were waiting to get to recording. I also noticed a guitar in the corner.

 

Yesung was already there, but otherwise there were only a few staff members who Sungmin introduced me to. The two of them, Yesung and Sungmin, warmed up their voices together in the soundproof room. I waited in the other room, and since I couldn’t hear them, I only watched them open their mouths again, and again.

 

When they were done, Yesung nodded to one of the staff members, who pressed a button on the board, and said to his microphone: “Okay, let’s do Sungmin first.”

 

Sungmin walked to the microphone and put the headphones on. He had a music stand in front of him with papers on it. Yesung came out of the booth to join me on the couch.

 

“Let’s start with Mr. Simple,” the staff member said to the mic. Sungmin nodded. The staff member put his headphones on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter