The Girls

[HIATUS] A Ticket to Super Seoul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

 

Happy New Year!

 

Sorry for not updating! I've been super busy with school and all. This is a longer chapter to make up for it!

 

 

I wanted to do something special for Henry and Zhoumi. First impression is important, right? So after finishing the Skype call with Chloe, I looked up some Korean dishes that I could cook. I recognized some of the names, but since I had never cooked any of them before, I figured that the result might not be the best.

Hmmm… When is Ryeowook coming back? I wondered.

I looked at the clock. It was barely 9AM, so it would probably take hours for him to return. Ryeowook was the best cook out of the members, so I knew that he would know what he was doing.

I should text him… I looked at my phone. ...if I had his number.

Wait… Kyuhyun’s still here, right?

Kyuhyun had returned to his room after he had eaten breakfast. I had no idea what he was doing there, but he hadn’t left the room since. I got up, finding my way to the right door.

“Kyuhyun-ssi?” I called while approaching his room’s door. I knocked carefully calling him again.

I heard a “hmmh?” from inside the room.

Carefully, I cracked the door open and peeked inside. I saw Kyuhyun sitting at a desk with his computer in front of him. I opened the door and stepped inside. I then noticed, that he was playing a video game.

“Kyuhyun-ssi?”

“Nee?” He didn’t turn his eyes away from the screen.

“Could you give me Ryeowook-ssi’s number?” I asked using formal language.

“Wae?”

“I want to ask him when he’ll be back.”

“Wae?” he said again, still not turning his eyes away from the screen.

“I want to cook something for Henry and Zhou Mi and I need his help,” I proceeded to explain quickly.

That is when Kyuhyun finally paused his game and turned to me. “What do I get from it?”

“Eh?” The question surprised me.

I stared at him. At first, I thought that he was kidding. As he kept staring at me with a blank face, I realized that I really had to figure something out. No wonder he’s called the evil maknae…

“You get to eat,” I shrugged, when I couldn’t come up with anything else.

He laughed shaking his head. He thought about it for a second, then saying: “You’ll owe me one.”

“Okay…” I agreed haltingly. Making a deal like this with the evil maknae might not be the wisest idea... But what's the worst thing he could ask me to do?

“I can ask you for that favor anytime I want and you’ll have to do it. Okay?”

I nodded, still feeling unsure about it. “Nee...”

He smiled. Not the mysterious - evil - way he usually did when he had something on his mind, but he sincerely smiled. It seemed like he was actually happy about the deal we had made.

It made me feel even more suspicious.

“Then… Give me your phone,” he stretched his hand out.

I gave him my cell phone and soon he was done adding the number to my contacts.

“Gomawoyo,” I slightly bent my head and left his room.

I hurried to the couch to send a text message to Ryeowook. As I was looking for ‘Kim Ryeowook’ in my contacts, I noticed another new contact; ‘Cho Kyuhyun’.

‘Ryeowook-ssi,

Henry and Zhoumi are coming back today and I want to cook something nice for dinner.

Will you help me? I’m still so clueless with Korean dishes!

I can do the grocery shopping, I just need to know what to buy…

Work hard today!

-Hana’

I sent the text. While I waited for an answer, I focused on playing with a few apps I had downloaded. After a while, I got an answer.

‘Of course!

That’s so nice of you, Hana-ah.

Okay, we’ll need…’

A list of comestibles followed. I wrote them all down on a piece of paper to take with me to the store. When I was ready, I knocked on Kyuhyun’s door. This time, I didn’t wait for an answer, but opened it almost right away.

“Maknae-Kyu,” I started informally. I realized to fix my sentence only when I was halfway through speaking, so it ended up sounding strange. “I’m headed to the groceries store. Do I may bring you something from there?”

He was still focused on his game when he answered: “I’m good.”

“Then... I’ll be leaving." I was about to close the door, when;

“Wait!”

“Nee?”

“Can you buy Dedeu Seupeiseu 2 on your way?”

“Buy what…?” I frowned. I had no clue on what he was talking about.

“It’s a game… It was released on January so it shouldn’t be too expensive.”

“Dedeu Seupeiseu 2…?” I said it to myself trying to figure out what he meant. Then it came to me. “Aaaah, Dead Space 2? Oh okay.”

Good thing my ex-boyfriend played video games, so I know what Dead Space is...

I agreed to buy it. I was just about to close the door, when again:

“OMO!”

I opened the door again. “Geuge mwoyeyo?” (What is it?)

“You don’t need to be formal… You can speak informally to me.”

I was silent for a moment. “Oh… Nee…”

I nodded my head in a small bow and then closed the door. I stood there in front of the door for a moment.

‘You can speak informally to me.’ I thought of what he had said. It actually made me smile. Does this mean that we’re close now? I suddenly thought. He did give me the bunny he got from the vending machine…

I didn’t speak informally to even Sungmin, even though

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter