The Rules

[HIATUS] A Ticket to Super Seoul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kim Junghoon took me to Lee Sooman’s office. He told the secretary that I was there and she asked us to wait for a moment. Junghoon looked at me nervously.

 

“Don’t worry, it’ll all be good. If he doesn’t like you staying here, we’ll figure it out! Don’t worry…” It seemed like he was rather trying to calm himself down than me. “Just remember to be very polite, okay? And don’t put a word against him.”

 

I nodded. “Arasseo.”

 

“Kim Hana? You may go in,” the secretary said.

 

Junghoon wished me luck as I walked to the door leading to Lee Sooman’s office. Taking a breath, I entered the room.

 

The room was quite big and very light. In the center, there was a huge desk with a computer and lots of paperwork on it. An older man, Lee Sooman, was sitting behind it. There was also a small discussion space to the side. It was two small couches, an armchair, and a table. I barely payed any attention to anything else, but the chairman himself. He lifted his eyes to me.

 

I closed the door quickly behind me, and then went to a deep bow. “Annyeonghaseyo. I am Kim Hana.” I straightened back up, and carefully looked at the chairman.

 

“Please, sit down,” he said pointing at the chair on my side of the table.

 

“Ye.” I went, and sat on the chair, waiting to see what he had for me.

 

I sat there quietly, as he scrutinized me for a while.

 

“How have you liked Seoul, Ms. Kim?”

 

His question surprised me. It was not what I had been waiting for.

 

“I love the city. It’s very pretty,” I answered, carefully making sure that I talked as politely as possible.

 

“As far as I have understood… You are Manager Kim Junghoon’s family friend?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“How long are you going to stay in Seoul?”

 

I hesitated for a second. “I’m not sure yet. I was thinking, that maybe I could go to university here.”

 

“Oh, you just graduated from high school, isn’t that right?”

 

“Yes, sir.”

 

The small talk questions kept coming and I answered the best I could. I could see he was observing me the whole time and carefully listening to all my answers. I tried to not show my nervousness.

 

“Well, as for now, you are welcome to stay in our dorms as Manager Kim’s guest since it is his job that enforced his decision to not get his own apartment,” the chairman looked at me, a serious look was on his face.

 

“Thank you, sir.”

 

“A word of a warning though… Are you familiar with the rules stated in Super Junior’s contract?”

 

I blinked my eyes, confused of why he was asking me this. “No, sir.”

 

“There is a particular part, that affects all members - except Shindong - and it says, that the members are forbidden to have any kind of dating relationship.” His stare was very penetrating.

 

I nodded. I didn’t see it having anything to do with me, but I could understand the chairman’s concern. I was still a woman living with ten men.

 

“You understand this part, don’t you?”

 

“Yes, sir. I understand it completely,” I nodded.

 

“Good.”

 

Kim Junghoon nervously waited for me outside the office. I told him that everything was fine, and he looked like he was able to breath again. After explaining what Lee Sooman had said, we went back to the dorms where Sungmin, Leeteuk, and Kyuhyun had come back after finishing their schedules. Heechul had told them where we had gone, so they were also curious to know what had happened.

 

“HANA-AH!” Sungmin ran to me when I stepped into the apartment. “What happened? What was it about?”

 

He kept asking me questions while almost dragging me to the livingroom where Leeteuk, Kyuhyun, and Heechul were.

 

“Is everything alright?” Leeteuk stood up when he saw me. I could hear worry in his tone.

 

“Are you gonna be kicked out?” asked Kyuhyun. I wasn’t sure if his expression was sarcastic or mocking.

 

“Everything’s fine,” I assured when Sungmin made me sit on the couch.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter