My Favorite

[HIATUS] A Ticket to Super Seoul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I spent the next few hours in the dorms. Sungmin let me use his laptop. He told me not to borrow Eunhyuk’s, because he is very protective over it. I searched for information about Super Junior, and learned this and that. I first focused on memorizing all of their names - that had been my main priority. I then decided to look up some of their songs. I was just watching the music video for their song “No Other”, when Yesung came back from the recording studio.

 

I didn’t hear the door open and close. I was sitting on the couch, too focused on the video.

 

“Oh, oh….

Oh, oh…”

 

“Is that Heechul…?” I said out loud, amazed, when I spotted him in the beginning of the video. “Woah, Siwon really…”

 

“Neo gateun saram tto eopseo

juwireul dureobwado geujeo georeohdeongeol eodiseo channi

Neo gatchi joheun saram…”

 

“They all change their hairstyles too much... Doesn't hair fall of if you dye it too much...?”

 

“Neomu dahaeng iya aesseo

neorel jikyeojul geu sarami baro naraseo eodiseo channi

Na gatchi haengbokhan...”

 

Woah! Yesung’s voice is so good, I thought. I was fully focused on the video, and admiring their handsomeness, that I didn’t notice someone lurking over my shoulder.

 

“Do you like our songs?” a voice near my ear startled me.

 

“WAAH!!” I almost jumped out of surprise. I turned around to see Yesung.

 

“Sorry, did I scare you badly?” he couldn't keep his laughter in.

 

“I-I didn’t hear you come in,” I said, taking a breath. My heart was still pounding. “Did you finish recording?” I glanced back at the screen, as I didn’t want to miss the rest of the MV.

 

“Yeah.” He sat next to me. “I see you found something.”

 

I nodded. “I looked up some info and now I’m watching some music videos. This one is so cute!”

 

“Do you have a favorite yet?”

 

“What?” I looked at him surprised. Where is this coming from? “I umm… No... I don’t know.” I felt my cheeks turning red. “I like you all.”

 

We watched for a while without saying anything. When it was time for Sungmin’s solo, I sighed. “Aigoo, he’s so cute!”

 

“Is he your favorite?” Yesung suggested, seemingly not letting go of the topic.

 

“I didn’t say that! I just think he’s cute,” I corrected him, but he just grinned. I had no idea why he was suggesting that kind of stuff. I decided to let it slide.

 

It was already over the noon, and we decided to go walk around the city.

 

“Shouldn’t you wear sunglasses or something? Won’t you be recognized?” I asked when we were at the door, ready to leave.

 

“Maybe some fans will recognize me, but otherwise I’m fine,” he assured.

 

“So, no paparazzi will be following?”

 

“No. It’s not like that in here. If someone sees me, it’s fans.”

 

We got downstairs, and Yesung lead me out of the back door. He told me that there was always a group of fans outside the main entrance - I remembered seeing some people outside the doors when I arrived - so if we wanted to be by ourselves, we had to sneak past them.

 

We managed to get out without anyone noticing. We spent the afternoon walking around the town. He showed me some stores where I might want to go, and some nice restaurants. We visited a few parks, and ate lunch at a ramen place. I was so overwhelmed by everything Seoul had - and I had only seen a small part of it - that I hadn’t even noticed how hungry I was.

 

I didn’t know anything about restaurants in Seoul, so Yesung picked us a small, but cozy ramen place. Both of us ordered ramen, and we sat down to enjoy our meals.

 

I had been asking him some questions about the city; where can I find this, and that. I was about to ask more about the members when he suddenly said:

 

“Give me your phone.”

 

I blinked, realizing that I forgot to mention something. “Uh… I don’t have a phone.”

 

He looked at me confused, so I explained: “I got rid of my number in the States, and I’m planning on getting a new one here, since... I guess I’ll be staying here for a while.” I shrugged.

 

“Then we should go get you one now that we’re here.”

 

We finished our lunch. Yesung insisted on paying, so I let him. I knew I would have to buy a phone, and like I said before, I am not the wealthiest at the moment. At least I saved a few ten thousand won by letting him pay.

 

He took me to a store nearby that sold phones and subscriptions. I went to look at the cheapest models. I should just get a simple flip phone that doesn’t cost too much. I had my eyes on a white one that looked nice, and the price wasn’t bad either.

 

I spent the next 10 minutes looking at the phones and scrutinizing their prices. I didn’t even notice that Yesung had disappeared somewhere, until I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see him with a big smile.

 

“Here!”

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter