Calling Home

[HIATUS] A Ticket to Super Seoul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Everyone was busy during the following days. The group was recording and preparing  their upcoming album along with their solo activities, such as photo shoots and variety shows. Sungmin had his schedule full with his musical, but in the evenings when he came back to the dorms, he usually tagged along with me and we watched some drama or variety show. I spend time with my roommate, Eunhyuk, and also with Donghae, who seemed to be really close with Eunhyuk. Donghae always seemed to be there, whatever Hyukjae did.

 

I had a lot of time to myself and at first I wasn’t sure how I should spend it. I was really thankful that I could stay in the dorms with Super Junior, so I decided that the least I could do was to keep the dorms clean and do some groceries. I helped Ryeowook cook in the evenings. He taught me how to cook some Korean dishes, as all I knew was Western food.

 

It was my fourth day in Seoul and I had just finished doing the dishes after breakfast, while a few members were still sleeping. As I put the plates back to the cabinet, something came up to my mind. Back in LA, I had promised to call my best friend, Chloe, when I would get a new phone. Yesung had bought me one, but I had totally forgotten to call her.

 

I quickly went back to my room to get my phone. I also got my notebook where I had written down a few phone numbers that belonged to my closest friends in LA. I my phone and added Chloe’s number to the contacts. I only had five phone numbers before adding hers; Kim Junghoon, Kim Jongwoon, Lee Sungmin, Lee Hyukjae and Lee Donghae, meaning it was the manager, and four members of Super Junior.

 

It was still morning in Seoul, so it would be the evening in LA. I walked back to the living room. I hoped that she hadn't gone to sleep already, as I called her.

 

After a while, someone answered on the other end: “Hello?”

 

I smiled, recognizing her voice. “Chloe? It’s Hana.”

 

I heard her taking a sharp breath on the other end: “HANA!! OMG, how are you? I was thinking about you today! I didn’t know if you got there safely and if you met that family friend andandand… Did everything go well?”

 

“Yeah, everything went really well. I arrived four days ago. Kim Junghoon, that family friend, was waiting for me at the airport.”

 

“Is he nice? Can you… Can I trust you to him?”

 

I laughed. The way she put it sounded like she was handing a child for someone else to take care of.

 

“Yeah, he’s a good guy. Don’t worry, I trust him.”

 

“So, is Seoul beautiful? Where are you staying? Are you staying with that friend? Gosh, I’m still so jealous of you going...”

 

I knew that Chloe was a KPOP fan and she would probably know the group that I was staying with. I didn’t know how to tell her about it, though…

 

“Seoul is very pretty. And really different from LA! Umm… Yeah, I’m staying with him… Kinda…”

 

Instantly, she heard the hesitation in my voice. “What do you mean ‘kinda’? Are you sure everything’s okay? You’re not living on the street, are you?”

 

“Nonono! It’s not like that. I’m fine, really. Someone even bought me an iPhone as a birthday and Christmas present for the next two years… You know I could never afford it myself. Just that…” I took a breath. “It’s a bit… complicated… Kim Junghoon doesn’t exactly have an apartment to himself.”

 

“So… Are you living in a hotel?”

 

“No. It’s more like… I’m living with over ten other people…”

 

“What? Is he so poor he has to live with TEN other people??!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter