Chapter Eight

With Them (Sequel to With Her)

“Please! This is just the time you will pick them up. Diane and I cannot leave the studio today. We are in the midst of a photo shoot,” Joo In said trying to adjust the phone on her ears.

“But I need to attend to a meeting today,” Drew replied over the other line.

“Who will pick the twin? Please! Pretty please??” she tried to sound cute as if pouting in front of her cousin.

Because she is too occupied on the call, she opened the very first door when she a corner.

“Arasseo, I’ll go pick them up then drop them there,” Drew finally agreed.

“Good! I owe you,” she said and ends the call. She closed the door without looking up and stops to send Diane a text message. When she is done, she looked up to check why is that everyone is so silent.

Thirteen pair of eyes was looking at her, with another set of people scattered within the room.

She blinked and tried to gather some courage to speak. When she finally realized that she was on the wrong room, she apologized and immediately went out, slamming the door with her.

“Hyung, who is she?” Chen asked since he is the one closest to the door.

“She is the one I am referring to. She is Kris’ partner for the photo shoot,” their manager replied with a smile tugged on his lips.

 

Meanwhile, Joo In gave herself a slap on the forehead when she read the sign board on the door. It read “EXO” and the room beside it was the one she was supposed to get inside. She shook her head and proceeds to the said room.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

It was already past lunch time when the boys went down to get to their practice room. They are all talking about Kris’ upcoming photo shoot.

“You are so lucky to have a partner like her,” Chanyeol comments.

“Yeah, I mean she is really beautiful. Just as what I imagine Joo In would look like when she matures,” Kyungsoo added.

“Easy there, someone might intend to rip your throat there,” Tao tapped his shoulder gesturing over Luhan.

Luhan just shrugged it off.

When they arrived, the twins followed moments later. They are in their uniform.

“Wow! Is that your uniform?” Kyungsoo asked.

The twins smiled as Janine turns around to show off her uniform.

“I miss wearing uniforms,” Sehun sighed.

Kris noticed the gray tablet Janine was holding.

“Janine, where did you get that?” Kris asked when she sat beside him.

“It was our uncle’s gift for us,” she replied and starts on playing with it.

The others were so bored that Chanyeol decided to borrow it from Janine. The little girl readily gave it to her.

He browsed over the tracks and came upon a song entitled ‘Baby’. Out of curiosity, he played it.

 

♪♫ yi dian guang xian tiao yao zai yu hou de shui mian

xin yuan xu zai zhe yong heng de an bian

 yong bao ni li kai bing dian, kua yue guo bian jie

 

“It’s Exo M’s Baby!” he exclaimed. Every one stopped and listened to the song from their very first album.

 

wo hui yong yuan zai ni shen bian

xie ni shou xin li wei kai kou de xin nian

 xiang zhe wo men de meng zou chu first step

na yi dian, zhi yi dian,

wo ling hun de jiao dian

zai er bian, wo er bian,

zhi liu ni de sheng xian

zhe yi tian, mei yi tian,

na pa ping fan de shi jian ye liu nian

mei ci wo cong ni de yan guang xiu dao tian tang de xiang

zai meng li qian zhe ni fei guo yi di yue guang

Yes, you are my baby baby baby, baby baby baby

ting bu zhu, wo gu zu yong qi qu ai,

zhi yao kan zhe ni

hua mian dao hui bei ming yun ji zhong de yi ke

wo ting jian yi ge meng cong yin he jiang luo

qi cheng ri jiu zai jin tian, qu wang ni na bian

shi jian she xia de zhe fu mian

niu qu le neng que ren bi ci de shi xian

yu shang duo shao wei xian wo bu hui bian

na yi dian, zhi yi dian,

wo ling hun de jiao dian

zai er bian, wo er bian,

zhi liu ni de sheng xian

zhe yi tian, mei yi tian,  

na pa ping fan de shi jian ye liu nian

mei ci wo cong ni de yan guang xiu dao tian tang de xiang

zai meng li qian zhe ni fei guo yi di yue guang

Yes, you are my baby baby baby, baby baby baby

ting bu zhu, wo gu zu yong qi qu ai,

zhi yao kan zhe ni

bu you zi zhu, yi wu fan gu, sha gua ban de qi oh

ri ye wei rao ni gong zhuan de wo, zhe mo sheng de wo

ai de di yi bu he mei yi bu, qing ni ye shi zhe kao jin wo

ni shi wo wan mei de tian guo rang wo bao jin ni oh ho~

mei ci wo cong ni de yan guang xiu dao tian tang de xiang

zai meng li qian zhe ni fei guo yi di yue guang

Yes, you are my baby baby baby, baby baby baby

(Baby baby baby ni shi wo wan mei de tian tang)

wei lai de lu bian qing chu

chao xing fu yi bu yi bu shi xiang ni de lu

Yes, you are my baby baby baby, baby baby baby

 ting bu zhu, wo gu qi yong qi qu ai, zhi yao kan zhe ni

 

“It feels good to hear that song. Brings back old memories,” Chanyeol sighed as he browsed further.

“Let me borrow it,” Tao reached for the gadget.

“Aniyo! I was the first one to borrow it,” Chanyeol replied.

“But you’re already done listening to the song,” Tao pouted and their exchange of wits rolled on. They resemble small kids fighting over the gadget.

 

Kris hushed them down, “Shut up you two!”

Tao and Chanyeol looked at him. He pointed at the twins sleeping soundly.

Andy was in Luhan’s arms, leaning on his shoulder while Janine’s head is cushioned on Kris’ lap.

The two whispered their apologies and agreed on a truce to borrow it alternately on the twins.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

3:45 PM

 

Diane is getting worried already. Usually, the twins come back by 3:30 but it’s been 15 minutes past the time and they are not yet back.

She tried to look for them at the canteen but it was deserted. She tried on the other studio but there were no kids present.

It’s already four and in each ticking seconds frightened her. She finally resorts to the last option.

 

She hurried down the basement to check on the boys’ practice room. Luckily, the door was slightly ajar, so she peeked inside.

There were bags, chairs and of course the boys were practicing, but their music was turned down low. There are no signs of kids present.

When she is done, she frantically dialed Joo In’s number.

“Joo In-na,” she started.

“Diane, how many times do I have to tell you that I am in the middle of a photo shoot? Can that something you want to tell me wait?” Joo In replied on the other line.

“Joo In-na, I can’t find the twins,” she finally said.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“Let’s have a break,” Suho wiped off some sweats on his forehead.

The others went back to get their drinks. Luhan on the other hand excused himself to buy himself some cold water.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Joo In’s mind went blank when she heard what Diane had told her.

“Have you searched everywhere?” she asked after a few minutes.

“Ne, I even went down to check the boys’ practice room but they are not there,” Diane sniffed from the other line.

“Look again on the other floors; I’ll check again the basement. I can’t go up wearing this gown. Call me if you happen to see them up,” she instructed and ends the call.

She excused herself from her manager who was there, saying that she just needs to get to her cousin and will be back after a few moments.

“Would you want to change first?” Mr. Cha asked.

“I can’t, maybe later when I come back besides I am the last to wrap up the photo shoot. My cousin is really in a hurry. I need to get there,” she smiled and went outside bringing along her phone.

Although she looks absurd because she is wearing a wedding gown and that she is rushing at the basement, she doesn’t mind it.

All she had to know is the whereabouts of her children.

 

When she got down the basement, she checked every possible room the twins might get to. Tears started to form in her eyes as the number of rooms narrowed down to one which was the boys’ practice room. She pushed the door which was slightly ajar and strained her eyes to check if the twins were there.

She noticed a small arm dangling on the couch. It was covered with a navy blue coat. When she finally looked intently, she let out a sigh of relief. She wiped off the tears in her eyes as she sends Diane a message about where to pick the twins. Checking them one last time, she walked away as the Exo’s soundtrack ‘Don’t Go’ Chinese version blares loudly inside the room

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Ni xiao xiao de chibang, jiu yao xiang wo feixiang

Kan dao ni hui huishou yao wo guolai ni shen pang

 

‘Oh, they are playing that song again?’ Luhan thought as he came to the stairs going down the basement. He smiled as he held the bottled water on his right hand and slowly descends, listening to the song.

 

Na keilan de muguang, na gushi tai mimang

Jiu zai neitian wanshang chui jin wo de xin yi shoucang

Bu ting xiang ni de ke ai muyang zhaomi de wo, jiu lian linghun dou zai wei ni qian gua

Jiu xiang zuile yiyang lian huxi dou yiwang

Ruguo zhe jiushi ai yuanyi gen ni dao yuanfang

Shanzhe lei guang wo zhen bu renxin yankanzhe ni shuoshang

Jiusuan yi miao huo shi dao yongyuan ye hao, wo du queding fangxiang~

 

Suddenly as he is going down, he saw a lady in white leaning by the baluster, occupied on her phone. Even with her head down, busy on it, he still recognized her. ‘Jane?’ he thought.

She is wearing a white short sleeved turtle necked wedding gown.

 

So baby don’t go~

Yeah, dai wo dao hui you ni di difang yongyuan dou zai yiqi zou

Oh~

Oh, wo men yao yiqi fei dao shijie de zui zhongxin

Ni jiu zai, wo de yan li nali dou fei bu chuqu

Gen wo zou ni jiu bu hui xiaoshi huo shizong

Oh~

Jiu xiang meng guo de ni, ni shi wo shengming na ge mei li hu die

 

She finally turned to go up. When she noticed him on the stairs, she gave a faint smile and proceeds on her steps. The certain familiarity brought back memories to his confused mind. He remembers that very moment Joo In walks down the aisle on their wedding ceremony in China. The same nervous feeling, the same heartbeat rate and the same overwhelming love flowed within him as he looks at the lady coming up as if he is the groom waiting for her at the end of the aisle.

 

Oh~ Woo hoo hoo~ Oh yeah yeah

Woo hoo hoo~ Yeah~

Woo hoo hoo~

Buguan cong nali lai, buguan dao nali qu

Ni zong wei rao zhe hai hui duizhe wo zha yanjing

Yanlu hui you wanqu ye qing, ni bie jiaoji

Yinwei ai wo xiang shen me dou bu xuyao qu danxin

Qing kan kan wo, bie duo kai aiqing~

Oh wo yizhe jide ni di mei

Ai qiaoqiao de lai dao, laibuji yugao

Ai zhangzai jinxing zheng zhunbei hao chufa

Ni de huiyi, lian yihou duhui chongman wo de zuji

Cang zai naohai li gandao te bie kaixin, bian cheng ai de mima~ Whoa no~!

 

The stairs is quite long that they finally met on the same step, but she barely gave him a look as she look up the stairs. The stairs were narrow thus leaving them a little room. She slowly walked past him, careful of the dress she is wearing and her heels. He stopped on the same steps and watched her slowly go up.

 

So baby don’t go~

Yeah, dai wo dao hui you ni di difang yongyuan dou zai yiqi zou

Oh~

Oh, wo men yao yiqi fei dao shijie de zui zhongxin

Ni jiu zai wo de yan li nali dou fei bu chuqu

Gen wo zou ni jiu bu hui xiaoshi huo shizong

Oh~

 Jiu xiang meng guo de ni, ni shi wo shengming na ge mei li hu die

 

Zhan zai jietou mo sheng you shuxi, jiusuan mi le lu ye qingxi

Wo hui gen zhe wo de xin yin wei ni shi wo de yigui

Jiu xiang feng sui ni daochu aoyou, tie zhe feng sui ni lixian qu zou

Wo xiangxin ai jiu zai wo shou zhong~

Yeah! ~

 

So baby don’t go~

Yeah, dai wo dao hui you ni di difang yongyuan dou zai yiqi zou

Oh~

Wo men yao yiqi dao shijie de jintou Don’t Go!

Ni jiu zai wo yanzhong cong bu ceng fei zou

Gen wo zou ni jiu bu hui xiaoshi huo shizong

 Oh~

 Jiu xiang meng guo de ni, ni shi wo shengming na ge mei li hu die

 

 Woo hoo hoo~ ( Oh yeah yeah)

Woo hoo hoo~ ( Oh yeah yeah)

Woo hoo hoo~

 

As cliché as it sounds but the long stairs way up made her slow down her pace that when she finally got on the lobby’s floor, the song came to an end too.

Luhan was left in a daze again; looking so lost and can’t seem to recover from what had just transpired a while ago.

‘She really looks like Joo In-na,’ he thought as he looks up the now empty space up the stairs.

He unconsciously lets go of the bottled water he is holding thus waking him up from his reverie.

The bottled water rolled down the stairs as he slowly walked down to follow it.

The moment he stepped down one step, something came up his mind.

He turned around and ran upstairs to follow the lady he just met.

 

He ran up and scanned the empty lobby to search for that lady. He saw her disappear on the corner where the elevators are located.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

The moment the doors of the elevator close, she leans on the wall to keep herself in balance. Her mind whirled as the song plays again and again on her ears even though she can’t hear it anymore. The lift stops on the sixth floor as an employee alights sending her a weird look. But she is too occupied to notice it. When she arrives on the seventh floor, she immediately rushes back to the studio.

They are still on the photo shoot when she closed the door. She leans on it trying to control her breathing rate. She had never been this scared, that she felt her lips shudder as she tries to recollect what had just transpired.

 

Mr. Cha noticed her appalled figure leaning on the door. He saw her trembling hands so he went over to check on her, but when he got near, he saw tear stains on her face. ‘Something must have happened downstairs,’ he thought.

“Are you okay?” he reached to wipe the tears on her face.

Joo In was startled when she felt his fingers wipe away the tears from her face. She reached to touch the warm tears. Mr. Cha reached for her that she finally hugs back, breaking into tears.

Although he is gay, he had treated her just like a daughter since they had been together for three years already.

“What happened? Is everything alright?” he asked still rubbing her back to comfort her.

“I don’t know how long can I hold on,” she sobbed.

“Is that why you insist on having Kris instead?” he asked again and parted, wiping the tears on her face.

She gave a nod, still sobbing.
“But you can’t avoid the fact that sooner you have to tell him all about the twins,” he said.

Instead of replying, she just cried.

 

Yes, Mr. Cha knows who the twin’s father is. That’s the reason why he insists on having Luhan instead of Kris. All throughout the three years he had been with Joo In as a mentor and her manager, he learned everything about the marriage and all the complications which pushed her to leave.

He wants her to face her fears; that Luhan will not forgive her and that the twins will hate her if she tells them the truth.

 

When she is already relaxed, they proceeds on giving her a retouch before she wraps up the photo shoot for her last pose.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

When Luhan arrived on the lines of elevator doors, he saw the very first one closed that he barely made it. He looked up to see where the elevator would stop. It stopped on the sixth floor. He went to the adjacent lift and pressed the sixth button.

He was getting nervous as the lifts goes up. Finally it stopped on the sixth floor. When he went out, he was surprised to see desks and cubicles. He came over the floor where there are offices and workers.

Some of them gave him weird look, wondering what would be an idol like him be doing up in their office. He looked from left to right but he can’t see any girl wearing a white gown.

 

Just then, his phone rang. “Hello?” he answered.

“Dude, come down in here. Someone is picking up the twins. We got a problem over Andy; he is looking for you,” Chen replied over the other line.

“Okay, I’ll be there,” he said and ends the call.

With a heavy heart, he ascends the lift again and pressed the ground floor.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“He will be here any minute now,” Chen said when he puts down his phone.

Diane smiled and tried again her luck in persuading Andy.

“Come on Andy, we need to go home already,” she said, trying to win the little boy’s favor.

“Aniyo! I want Luhan Appa!” he exclaimed and clung tightly into Sehun’s arms.

“But we have to go home,” she pleads.

But the little boy didn’t even budge, still insisting on having Luhan.

 

They had tried everything to persuade him but they all failed. He keeps on demanding Luhan.

Luhan finally arrives looking dazed. Kai met him up, “What took you so long?” he asked.

“Long story,” he replied and went over Andy. He knelt in front of the little boy as the latter jumped up to hug him.

“Luhan Appa, I don’t want to go home. I want to stay,” he whispered.

A smile crept up on Luhan’s lips, “But your Mommy will get mad at me, would you want that?” he asked as he parted.

“But I want to be with you,” Andy pouted.

“If you want to go with me then your Mommy will get mad at me. Then she will not allow you to get in here, would you want that to happen?” he patted the little boy’s head.

Andy shook his head. “So, you better go home now and come back tomorrow okay? I will teach you to play the rubics cube okay?” he smiled.

The little boy’s face lit up and gave him one last hug with a kiss on the cheek.

The boys rolled their eyes at the display of affection.

“Luhan, why don’t you just court their mother? The twins are quite attached to you,” Baekhyun said.

Everyone looked at him, including Diane who is fixing the twins’ uniform.

“What?” he asked looking back at them.

 

They all laughed and bid the twins farewell as they walked over the door.

Tao suddenly called over Diane, “Miss, can I ask something?”

Diane turned to look at him, “What is it?” she replied.

“Jane is their mother right? What is her Korean name?” he asked.

Diane and blinked then she smiled and walked on with the twins without answering Tao’s query.