Chapter Four

With Them (Sequel to With Her)

“Appa!” Andy rushed to hug Luhan the moment they got inside the practice room. The boys had got used to see the twins coming on their practice room.

“Kris gege!” Janine ran to hug Kris instead.

The two boys welcomed the twins with open arms.

“Did you have stars today?” Luhan asked towards Andy as he lifts him to sit on his lap.

“Ne, I have three!” Andy pulled out the three stars, “I draw Andy here,” he showed the first star.

“Luhan Appa is this star,” he presented the second star, “And this is Mommy,” he presented the last star.

Wow! That is good,” Luhan smiled and gave him a pat on the head.

“Appa, if Daddy will not come back on our birthday, will you come?” Andy looked up at him.

Luhan didn’t expect this to come from the little boy, but just nodded.

“So you will really come as the father’s representative huh?” Kris said as Janine plays on Ace.

“I don’t want to spoil the little boy’s feelings,” he replied.

 

“Where are our hugs?” Chanyeol looked at the twin.

Janine and Andy stood up and gave each of them a hug, but when they came to Kai, Janine purposely skipped his open arms. Andy who was following behind reached to give him a hug but his sister pulled him. “No hug for him,” and they proceeded to Kyungsoo. The boys gave him a sympathetic look as he watches the twins finish giving hugs to the others.

 

When they are done, they went back to Luhan and Kris.

“Janine, you know it is bad to get mad at your gege,” Kris said over the little girl.

“But he made Andy cry,” she replied.

“Yes, but he is sorry. Look how sad he is when you did not give him a hug,” he pointed at the defeated Kai.

“He did not say sorry to Andy. Mommy and Aunt Diane say sorry when they are wrong, but he did not did that so I will not give him a hug,” she crossed her little arms.

“But I want to give him a hug,” Andy whispered. Luhan held him close, “But Janine will get mad at you and your Mommy will not like that.”

Andy sighed as he looks at the three stars he had received.

 

“If you want to win their hearts, buy them a bubble tea. They really like it,” Suho whispered over Kai who is watching Lay and Luhan teach Andy some simple steps.

“Bubble tea? Like Luhan hyung?”he replied.

Suho nodded. Kai gave a smile and stood up to go out and buy them a bubble tea.

 

Janine stood next to Kris and Tao who were leaning on the mirror watching the three dances.

“Tao gege, Kris gege,” she looked up the two who looked back at her.

“Does Luhan have a girlfriend?” she asked.

The two exchanged looks, unsure on how to reply to the little girls query.

“He is handsome so the girls will follow him, like Andy,” she said looking at her brother.

The two looked at Janine then at Andy.

“Luhan, can you take a break and answer this little’s girl query?” Tao looked at Luhan.

He stopped and let Andy take some rest while Lay wipes the sweat from the little boy’s head.

 

When they had all gathered at the center of the room, Luhan asked Tao about Janine’s query.

“What did she asked you?”

Tao looked at Janine, “Go ask your Luhan Appa,’ he smiled at the little girl.

Janine drew near Luhan, “Luhan gege, have you had a girlfriend?” she asked.

“Why do you ask?” Luhan was shocked at the question.

“Because you are handsome. Andy has his girlfriend at school too. Girls follow handsome boys and they will have their girlfriends too. Do you have a girlfriend?” she looked up the shocked guy.

“Wait,” Luhan looked at Janine, “You mean Andy has a girlfriend?”

“Aniyo! She is not my girlfriend, she is just my friend,” Andy defends.

“She is your girlfriend! I saw you holding her hand when you go out the room,” Janine retorts back.

“We are just friends,” Andy replied back.

“You never hold my hand when there are many people outside the room, you only hold her hand” Janine counters back.

And they exchanged wits about the girlfriend issue involving Andy.

 

“Don’t you like the girl?” Kris asked Janine to distract her.

“No! She is ugly! Her bag is ugly and even her mother is ugly,” Janine replied.

“Janine that’s bad. You must not speak words like that to someone. You must at least appreciate something about her,” Kris patted her head.

“So if Andy has a girlfriend then Janine must have a boyfriend too,” Chen looked at the little girl.

“I don’t have a boyfriend. Our classmates are all ugly,” she replied crossing her little arms.

“So you mean Andy has a girlfriend for real? Woah!” Chanyeol shook his head in disbelief.

Together with Baekhyun and Chen, Chanyeol started to tease Andy about the girlfriend issue. Feeling like everyone’s teaming up to bully him, Andy started to cry.

“I told you not to tease the little boy! Look what you did!” Luhan pulled Andy to his lap and started hushing him.

 

“But I am asking Luhan Appa if he has a girlfriend,” Janine looked at Luhan, “Do you have a girlfriend?”

“I don’t have a girlfriend,” Luhan calmly replied.

“Huh? But you are handsome,” Andy looked up at him.

“I don’t have a girlfriend, I have a wife,” he replied looking at the two.

“You have a wife? Then you have a family? And you will not play with us again? You will not hug me and kiss me again?” Andy started to whine creating a small tantrum.

“Aniyo, I don’t have any kids,” Luhan explained making the little boy look up at him.

“Would you want to know our story?” He smiled as the two gave an eager nod.

The others looked at each other and deserted the three, “We already know that story,” Suho sighed.

 

Andy and Janine sat in front of him as he starts telling their story.

“Once upon a time, Prince Luhan met a lovely Princess on a very fancy restaurant. The princess and the prince did not know that they will end up marrying each other. Their parents bought them a castle where they lived before their wedding.”

Janine butted in, “But the prince must marry the princess first before they can have a castle.”

“Yes,” Luhan replied “But their parents want the prince and the princess to get to know each other,” he added.

Janine gave a knowing nod as Luhan continues.

“The prince and the princess got married twice in different kingdoms and went back again to their castle. In that castle, they made beautiful memories with their eleven mighty knights. The knights helped the prince to make the princess happy. The traveled to places with the knights and made more beautiful memories. One time, the prince made the princess cry. The prince did all his best to make the princess happy. He bought her a big panda bear.” He paused and took a deep breath.

“So, they lived happily like that but one day a big monster came and tried to take away the princess. The prince doesn’t know about this but when he learned about the big monster, he fought with all his might to kill the monster. The big monster won’t stop fighting and will only stop if the princess will come with him.”

“So what did the princess do?” Andy asked.

“Well, you see the princess loves the prince very much and will do everything to protect the prince so he went away with the monster for the big monster to stop fighting with the prince.”

“That’s all? The princess left the prince?” Andy looked at Luhan who gave a nod.

“You’re princess is mean,” Janine bluntly remarked.

Luhan’s jaw dropped at the little girl’s harsh comment.

“Aniyo! She did that to save the prince,” Luhan reasoned out.

“Mommy said the two people must work together to fight monsters. She said when someone bullies Andy, we should fight together. When a big bad monster comes to take away Andy, I should help him fight the monster,” Janine explained.

“Yes, Mommy said that,” Andy seconded.

“But why did you not hug your Kai Appa?” Luhan asked.

“Because he made Andy cry,” Janine replied, “And he didn’t said sorry to him,” she added.

“How about you Andy?” he looked at the little boy.

“Mommy said we should fight together,” he reasons out.

Luhan sighed, smiling at the simple logic the twins gave him. “I really want to meet your mother,” he said.

 

Kai finally came back holding two servings of bubble tea. He saw the others checking his stuffs.

“Hey! What are you doing at my bag?” he yelled at the boys putting down the bubble tea on the side table.

He argued with the boys while zipping his bag as the others laughs at his reaction. When he is already sure that no one will touch his bag, he went back to check the bubble tea but it’s already gone.

He looked at the twins and saw Sehun and Chanyeol drinking it as they talk with Luhan and the twin.

 

“Yah! Why did you drink that? I bought that for Janine and Andy,” he yelled at the two.

Sehun and Chanyeol exchanged looks before looking at the twins then up at Kai. “Mianhe,” they replied in chorus.

Kai bowed down his head in defeat. He went over the twins and knelt in one knee, “Mianhe, they have to drink your bubble tea. Don’t worry, I’ll buy another one for you,” he smiled at them.

The twins exchanged looks. It was Andy who stood up first and hugged Kai, “Kai Appa!” he exclaimed.

Janine followed, “Kai gege!” Kai was surprised at the sudden action of the twins but soon smiled hugging them back.

“Does that mean I am forgiven?” he asked when the twins parted.

“Yes, as long as you say sorry when you make Andy cry,” Janine replied hugging him again.

“Bubble tea?” Andy whispered.

Kai parted and looked at them, “Bubble tea and waffles,” he replied.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Later that night, Joo In tucked the twins to bed as Diane sits on the chair beside the twin’s bed.

“So what did your friends tell you this afternoon?” she asked the two.

“Luhan Appa has a wife,” Andy blurted out.

“Really?” Joo In asked, looking up at Diane who shrugs back.

“So where is his wife now?” she asked again.

“His princess left with a big monster,” Andy replied again.

“Big monster?” Joo In looked at her son.

“Yes, she left with the big monster. Mommy, she is mean right? She should help Luhan gege fight the monster,” Janine replied instead.

“She must have reasons why she did that,” she smiled at her daughter.

“But you said two people must fight together,” Janine frowned.

“Yes, but if the only way to save themselves is to go with the monster the one must go,” she replied.

“But she is still mean,” Janine replied and turned her back to go to sleep. Andy reached to kiss his mother before he went to sleep.

 

When they are already asleep, Diane looked at her.

“How does it fell to hear that you are mean from your own daughter?” she asked.

Joo In sighed as she reached to kiss her daughter goodnight.