Chapter Fifteen

With Them (Sequel to With Her)

It’s been a month since that incident happened. The boys had totally recovered although they are advised to rest for another month. Their manager and the company’s president were informed by Drew himself. He made up a story that an underground gang was the ones who beat the boys and that he just helped them get away. He introduced himself also as a mafia lord to add such effect and paid up the damage on the boys and all the hospital bills and even the shows the boys were supposed to attend. It only proved that Drew is really rich.

 

Joo In finally learns who Diane is. She is actually a member of Drew’s gang. He hired her to act as a scholar and befriend Joo In, but her duty is actually to protect her. She acted like she was also a grantee of the scholarship where in fact it was Drew who paid for all her school expenses. That is the reason why she is with her all throughout the past five years.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Luhan parked the car in front of Joo In’s parents’ home. They are surprised to see another car parked aside from her parents’.

“This car looks familiar,” Luhan said as he opens the passenger’s door for the twins to get out. Joo In made sure to wrap them up in their winter coats and covered their heads with wool hats. They even wore gloves to keep their little hands warm.

She smiled, “Maybe Mom and Dad have some visitors.”

“Are you sure that they will not get mad at you? I mean for five years,” he said looking at her reaching for Andy’s hand as Joo In held Janine’ hand.

“I need to do this,” she gave an assuring smile.

 

When they got to the front porch, they heard shouting voices.

“Mommy, are we really here to meet Grandma and Grandpa?” Andy looked up at Joo In.

Joo In nodded and pressed on the door bell.

Just then, they heard the shouting getting near the door.

“Tell me where your daughter is so I can ask her where my son is!”

“I don’t know where my daughter is! I haven’t even seen her for long!”

Luhan held Joo In’s hand when the door got opened.

There stood Mrs. Han and Mrs. Xi, who were all looking back at them with surprised look.

 

The two mothers looked at them and crossed their arms simultaneously.

“Where the heck have you been?” they asked in chorus.

Luhan smiled, “Busy,” he chuckled.

“Had a tight schedule,” Joo In added.

“You mean for the last five years you two had been busy and haven’t had any time to call or visit us? Just how busy are you huh?” Mrs. Han reprimanded.

“You had been promoting in China but barely gave us a call to inform us? Is that what we taught you?” Luhan’s mother looked at her son.

Then their sermon started again as the couple’s fathers went near their wives. As the two mothers were reprimanding the two, Janine and Andy peeked behind their parents looking up at the two women.

“Mommy, which is Grandma?” Janine asked.

“Who are they?” Andy asked.

 

The two mothers stopped when they heard the two speaking behind the young couple. They looked down and saw Andy and Janine.

“Who are they?” Luhan’s mother asked.

“Umma, Appa,” Joo In addresses to both parents, “Meet Janine and Andy, our twins,” she smiled.

“Andy, Janine, they are all your Grandma and Grandpa,” Luhan looked down at the twins.

The two mothers’ eyes glowed with glee and knelt to hug the twins.

“Omo! What cute kids they are!” Mrs. Han exclaimed hugging Janine.

“He really looks like Luhan!” Luhan’s mother exclaimed hugging Andy.

 

And just like that, the two women forgot about the couple standing outside. They almost close the door if it were not for Joo In who pushed the door.

“Umma! Are we really going stay outside?” she pouted over her mother.

“That’s your punishment for not telling us sooner about these two lovely kids. Stay there until we said so,” then went inside pulling Janine.

Andy looked up at Mrs. Xi, Luhan’s mother, “Grandma, can’t they come inside? Mommy and Daddy will get cold and they will get sick and no one will read us bedtime stories.”

Too cute for Mrs. Xi to refuse, she let the couple get inside.

 

For the whole morning, the twins were being interrogated by their grandparent about everything. The couple was left to make the lunch in replace for staying outside. Even after lunch, it’s like their parent’s forgot that they are there. They just exchanged weary looks as they watch Andy dance to the pleasure of his grandparents.

 

For them not to waste any time, Luhan asked Joo In how did her life went on abroad.

“For my first year which was my pregnancy, it was actually hard. I managed to survive with Diane and Drew’s help. They had been with me throughout my nine months of being pregnant. Their bickering somehow entertains me. When I gave birth, Diane was the one who acted like a hired nanny for the twins. She will be the one to wake up and give them their milk when they cry or when their diapers need to be changed. She acted more like their mother that is why I am so thankful to have her,” she narrated.

“Then how about Mr. Cha?” he asked.

“Mr. Cha was actually my adviser. He already knows that I am pregnant when I left for my scholarship that’s why he never left me. He stood there like a father for me. He even took the risk to resign on the school where he teaches to be my personal mentor and later my manager,” she smiled leaning on him.

“Then what about your plan to come back here?” he asked again, holding her hand.

“I already told the public that it was not my plan to come back in here.  It was actually my cousin who submitted my resume that’s why I end up working in the company. I thought he just want me to go back in here, not until when he told me that Luke had been on the lookout for me that’s why he insisted on me to take the job,” she explained.

“You’re cousin is a real genius and a billionaire too,” Luhan chuckled.
“Are you jealous of his wealth?” she asked, smiling up at him.

“Aniyo! Having the three of you is already more priceless than any wealth,” he smiled back, kissing her.

 

When it’s already past three, Mrs. Xi suddenly looked at the couple who are watching the twins play with their Granddaddies.

“Luhan, Joo In, the twins will be with us for Christmas,” she said.

Joo in looked at her, “But, Umma, why are you taking only them?” she asked.

“Because you two are already old, besides you had been with them for long,” she replied.

“Who said I would allow that?” Mrs. Han joined the conversation.

“You too Mom?” she looked at her mother.

“I would not allow such thing; I must be with my grandchildren. My husband and I will come to join Mr. and Mrs. Xi for Christmas with Andy and Janine,” she added as she sits beside Mrs. Xi.

“But what about us?” Luhan looked at his mother.

“Oh, I know you always wish to have quality time with your wife so better grab this opportunity. When will be their last classes before the holidays?” Mrs. Xi asked.

“Next week will be their last,” Joo In replied.

“Good. Better pack up their things so we can leave earlier by the start of weekends,” Mrs. Han stated and talked with Mrs. Xi about the upcoming holiday.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

The week rolled by faster than what Joo In expected.

Right now, she is packing the twin’s last things since her parents are already downstairs waiting for the twins.

Janine and Andy were obviously happy since their grandparents promised the Disneyland in Hongkong as a prize for their good performance in school.

Luhan brought the bags as Joo In briefed the twins for the last time before they got down.

 

They were surprised to see the boys gathered up.

“We want to bid them goodbye too,” Suho said.

The twins ran up and gave each of them a tight hug and a big kiss on the cheek.

“Come on now Andy and Janine, Grandma and Grandpa are waiting for us,” Mr. Han said over the twins.

Luhan’s parents went ahead the airport to fix the twins paper for their flight.

 

“Janine, Andy,” Joo In knelt to speak for them for the last time, “Behave okay? Don’t do anything to give your grandparents headaches okay? And don’t forget to always call Mommy and Daddy. Wash before you sleep and always pray. Be a good boy and a good girl for Umma and Appa, arasseo?” she looked at them.

“Joo In-na you are getting paranoid already,” her mother said.

“It’s my first time to get separated from my kids,” she said hugging them for the last time. The boys laughed at her as Luhan handed Mr. Han the twins’ bag.

He gave his last hug to the twins before they finally left.

 

“Why didn’t you send them to the airport?” Sehun asked.

“Joo In might not be able to let them go,” Xiumin chuckled as Joo In pouted at him.

They all laughed at her. Luhan pulled her in a hug.

“Now that you two are alone, are you planning on giving your parents another little Andy and Janine?” Chen gave a sly smile.

“Why not?” Luhan smiled back at them.

Joo In punched him lightly at the chest, “Yah! Wanna die?” she threatened.

The boys rolled over in laughter at her flushed face.