Chapter Fourteen PART B

With Them (Sequel to With Her)

Diane tried to run after her bestfriend but she can barely walk properly. A group of cars arrived to rescue them. The first one to get out was Drew. He instructed his men to help the others and bring them to the nearest hospital. He instructed the head of the said group to do it with utmost secrecy that no media or people must know of what had happened to the boys.

 

He ran to get to Diane, “Where’s Joo In?” he asked. Diane pointed from upfront. Drew saw her cousin in the middle of the snow filled road, screaming her children’s name. He helped Diane to get into his car. Luhan stopped him, “I want to come with you if you want to go and get my twins,” he said. Drew nodded and motioned him to get into the car. Then he ran to get to Joo In.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Luke sat beside the blind folded twins. He removed the ropes tied around them and removed the blindfold which proved to be a wrong move. When their eyes adjusted, Janine screamed when she saw Luke. She jumped at him and started pulling on his hair as Andy pulls on the driver’s tie to choke him. The car started to sway with the sudden commotion inside.

Janine kept on screaming when Luke finally gets hold of her.

Out of instinct, he slapped her.

The sudden inflict of pain on her silenced her for a moment. Then Luke grabbed Andy and pushed him to a corner, slapping him also.

 

For a moment there was silence, but the two started bawling and made those tugging gestures and even starts kicking. Since Luke is sandwiched between them, he was beaten much by the tantrums of the twins, slowing down the car in the process.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

When they are already on the road, Drew stepped on the gas to catch up with the car.

Joo In and Luhan are at the backseat as the former tends to her husband’s wounds from the small kit Drew provided. Diane on the other hand, is tending to her minor wounds at the front seat.

 

“How did you manage to track our location?” Diane asked.

“I followed the tracking device from Joo In’s watch,” he replied, still focused on the road.

Diane turned around and saw the watch Joo In is wearing.

“We must get to them faster,” Drew said as the a curve going up the mountain region.

 

“There they are!” Diane pointed when she saw red lights from afar. Drew stepped on the gas as they sped up to catch up on the car.

When they finally able to get behind them, Diane saw Janine pulling on a man’s head.

“Is that Janine?” she asked straining her eyes to look  properly at the car in front of them. Drew sped up so they can run beside the car. When they are already running parallel to them, they all turned to see the little girl pulling on Luke’s hair pressing his head on the window as the man tries to free himself.

“What a tough girl,” Drew whispered.

 

Janine who was strangling Luke saw the car running beside them and recognized Joo In at the backseat.

“MOMMY!” she yelled pushing aside Luke to get to the window. Andy heard her and tried to get to the window also pushing aside Luke. When Luke saw this, he looked at his driver, “Drive faster.”

Just like that, they sped up leaving a small distance between them and Drew’s car.

 

Drew zoomed ahead to get even but he can’t quite catch up. “Diane, Joo In, Luhan, seatbelts please. We’re going to have a bumpy ride.”

When he was sure they are safe, he drove to get into the other lane and bumped on the other car.

“DREW! Careful! My kids are there!” Joo In yelled.

“I know, that’s why I am doing this. Would you please just trust me this time?” he yelled back.

He repeated the same action, but the driver of the said car did the same to them. He took the risk of bumping their car to Drew’s.

For three repeated rounds, they had been bumping each other’s car. For the last time, Drew turned his steering wheel and crashed his car to the other one, sending the latter to crash on a tree. Drew did not anticipate this so they crashed on the of the car.

 

Good thing that none of them were injured or such. They removed their seatbelt and went out to get the twins but the passenger’s seat was empty and the other door was open. The driver seems to be dead from the way his head hung on the steering wheel. Just then, they heard a scream.

“In the forest,” Drew said and they all followed the footsteps Luke created.

 

It’s a good thing that there’s no blowing wind.

“Hurry, we must get to Janine. She is only wearing a sleeveless dress. She might not stand the cold,” Diane said as she moved past Drew.

Luke saw them following him and the twins so he dragged them further till they end up on a cliff. Drew was able to corner him there.

When Luke saw them, he grabbed the twins as the two tried to reach for their mother. Joo In ran forward but Drew stopped him.

 

“Come and get them so we can all jump and end everything here,” Luke threatened as he inches closer to the edge.

“Please Luke, let them go, I will come with you just let them go,” Joo In begged, not minding the snow numbing her hands.

“Let the kids go Luke, they had nothing to do with me,” Drew said trying to approach him.

Janine kept on struggling as Andy keeps on reaching for his mother.

“Don’t come closer or I will jump with them,” he threatened again when Drew tried to move closer.

Luhan and Diane stood behind, not sure of what would they do.

 

Janine wriggles again but to no avail so she bowed her head and bit Luke’s arm. Luke screamed in pain letting go of Janine. When Janine was finally free, it was another wrong move because Luke slipped himself, falling on the edge.

It was like in the movies as if it happened in slow motion for Luhan.

Luke lets go of Janine and slipped himself falling off the cliff with Andy. Drew jumped in time to catch Andy’s little arms.

Drew is already lying on his stomach, holding Andy’s arms as Luke clung to the little boy’s feet.

 

“ANDY!” Joo In screamed as she tries to get near them, but Diane stopped her. Luhan reached for Janine and gave her his jacket, wrapping her up for her to get warm. The little girl’s lips were already pale from the cold weather.

Andy’s little arms start to slip, making Drew scream.

“Damn! Diane pull out the gun at my waist and the silencer on my jacket’s pocket, faster! I am losing Andy!”

 

Diane rushed to get near Drew and did as instructed. But her trembling hands made it hard for her to assemble it and load the gun. “Faster, his arms are slipping!” he screamed. Luhan let Joo In hold Janine and decided to help the two.

He reached for Andy’s arms. “Shake your feet so he can let go,” Luhan said over Andy. He did as told and tried to shake his feet, but Luke’s weight made it hard for him to do so.

“Appa, I can’t! He is to heavy,” Andy looked up at him.

“It’s done!” Diane suddenly exclaimed.

Drew looked down at Andy, “Andy, close your eyes and do not open it until I said so okay?” he breathed.

Andy gave a small nod and closed his eyes. Drew looked at Diane. She nodded and aimed for Luke’s head, “Let go,” she said and shoots him, twice.

The silencer muffled the booming sounds that soon Luke’s dead body let’s go of the little boy’s feet. They soon heard a loud thud before they pulled up Andy. When he is already at the surface, he immediately hugged Luhan.

 

Janine ran up to hug Luhan and Andy. Joo In was left speechless as she watches Luhan hugged the twins who are unaware of what is Luhan’s role in their life. Joo In bends on her knees and joins the small group. Tears were streaming down her face as she held Andy’s little face in her cold hands. The twins hugged her back as they sobbed. She cried as Luhan looks at them, tears rolling down his face too. Diane and Drew stood aside to watch the small family reunion.

 

Joo In parted and looked at the Janine and Andy.

“Baby Andy, Baby Janine, do you want to meet your Daddy?” she asked wiping the tears from her face.

The twins nodded back with a smile, “Yes Mommy,” they replied.

She pulled Luhan and smiled back at the twins, “He is your Daddy, Luhan.”

The twins looked at Joo In then back to Luhan. It was Andy who jumped up to hug him first before Janine squealed to hug him too.

“Luhan Appa!” they squealed in unison as the hugged him tightly.

 

A faint glow from the East shone on them as Luhan smiles at his wife.

“Let’s get going, the twins are freezing! “  Drew said wrapping his coat to Andy as Diane wrapped hers on Janine’s.

Luhan stood up and carried Andy as Drew carried Janine.

Together with Diane and Joo In, they went back to the car. It’s a miracle that it still works but Drew called one of his men to fetch them. When they got inside the new car, Drew the heater as they slowly moves back to the city.

When they arrived an hour after, he turned to see Luhan sleeping with Andy wrapped up in the coat in his lap while Janine had her body stretched, her head cushioned on Joo In’s lap who is also sleeping.