Chapter Two

With Them (Sequel to With Her)

Just as always, they had another tiring round of practice for their final polishing tomorrow. They decided to take a break as they wait for their ordered pizza. Just as everyone settled to shut their mouths, they heard soft knocks on the door.

“That must be it,” Chanyeol stood up and opened the door.

Andy and Janine greeted him, smiling.

“Oh, it’s our beautiful twins,” he said and opened the door for them.

Andy rushed to give Luhan a hug, “Luhan Appa!” he greeted.

“Kris gege!” Janine rushed to Kris on the other hand.

The two were shocked by the sudden greeting but hugged back as they let the two sit on their lap.

 

“Okay, since we will be expecting you for some more days, I guess we need to introduce them to you,” Kris smiled at Janine.

He started introducing them all, starting from Suho down to Sehun. The twins looked at the boys, trying to put in minds their names.

Andy started first by pointing at each of them, recognizing their names immediately. However, when it was Janine’s turn, she skipped Kai.

“Wait, Janine you skipped your Kai Appa,” Kris said.

“No! He is not my Appa! He made Andy cry,” then she folded her little arms, snubbing at the shocked Kai.

“What’s with that brat?” he exclaimed.

“Calm down! It will do you no good if you will act like her too,” Suho looked at him.

“You are the older one so you should be the one adjusting,” Kyungsoo added.

“Why don’t you give the lecture on that brat?” he counters back.

“Look who’s acting like a brat,” Sehun rolled his eyes reaching to get Andy. The little boy gladly went over to him.

Kai took a deep breath to calm himself.

 

“So, why are you in here today? Don’t you have classes?” Sehun asked Andy.

“We had class but we have no class in the afternoon,” Andy replied playing over Sehun’s bracelet.

“You go to school? Where?” Chanyeol asked.

“To a big building with many toys and dolls,” Janine replied smiling at Chanyeol.

“Really? Then probably, playing there is very good huh? Do you have many friends there?” Baekhyun asked.

“Yes! We have many, many friends! We play in the swing, we play in the slides, we play on the seesaw,” Andy proudly exclaimed.

“Wow! That must be good!” Baekhyun replied trying to look so eager about the stories.

“Yes! Baekhyun Appa, you should come and play with me! We can play on the slides!” Andy invited him, running to stand and look up at him.

“Ne, I will play with you if I have some time,” Baekhyun replied patting his head.

But the thought of squeezing himself on small slides make him frown and reject the idea.

 

“Janine, you said that you speak Chinese, right?” Lay asked the little girl.

Janine nodded her head. “But how come Andy do not speak Chinese?” he asked again.

“Because Andy only knows Korean and English, but I know Chinese and English,” she replied.

“But he can understand Chinese?” Tao asked.

Janine nodded her head again.

Tao looked at Andy and asked, “Nǐ jiào shénme míngzi?”

“Jeoneun Andy Han-rago haeyo,” Andy replied in his fluent Korean.

“Woah! It’s really true that he can understand Chinese,” Tao exclaimed in amazement.

“So Janine can speak English and Chinese but cannot speak Korean, only understands it. Andy on the other hand can speak English and Korean but cannot speak Chinese, only understands it. This twin must have parents who are linguists,” Chen concluded nodding his head.

The others agreed in his conclusion. Just then, their pizza arrived.

 

While they are having their shares on the ordered pizza, Janine suddenly asked Kris to buy her a drink.

“Kris gege, I want to drink bubble tea,” she pouted. Kris smiled and wiped the grease on her lips, “You like bubble tea?” he asked.

Andy suddenly turned his head, “Bubble tea?” he asked.

“You want bubble tea too?” he looked at Andy. The little boy nodded his head.

Kris looked at Luhan and Sehun, “Looks like you have someone who can understand your bubble tea craze,” then stood up. Tao followed him to buy some drinks for the others.

 

“You two like bubble tea?” Chen looked at the two who nodded in return. “Do you know that your Luhan Appa likes bubble tea too?” he smiled at them.

Andy grinned at Luhan who is sitting beside him, “Appa, you like bubble tea?” he asked.

Luhan smiled at him. “Umma buys us bubble tea when we get stars,” he said taking a bite on his slice. Luhan helped him so as not to stain his shirt.

“So did you get stars today?” Chanyeol asked.

“Yes, we got stars! I got five stars today!” Andy cheered and reached for the little stars on his pocket. He showed them his crumpled yellow cut-out stars.

“Wow! Andy must have been a good boy! How about you Janine?” Baekhyun asked.

“I got five stars too!” then she pulled out her stars which she placed on her small sling purse.

 

Janine took over the floor, telling them how they did their board work, how they played with their friends and all sorts of topic about school that she can share. Luhan helped Andy straighten his crumpled stars while they are waiting for their drinks. When Kris came back, Janine and Andy eagerly ran to meet him to get their drinks. Both gave a bow and exclaimed their thanks which made the tall guy smile.

“It would feel so good if you would also do that to me when I get you things you ask me to get,” he sighed as he went back to his place, Janine following closely and sat beside him too.

Everyone avoided his eyes. Xiumin pointed at Luhan and Andy who were still busy straightening the crumpled stars.

“Look at them Kyungsoo,” he whispered at Kyungsoo.

Andy is holding the drink, reaching to let Luhan drink while the latter is doing the straightening of the stars.

“They look like a real father and son,” Kyungsoo whispered back.

Xiumin suddenly received a text and smiled before giving it a response.

“Who is that?” Kyungsoo asked.

“My sister,” he replied pocketing his phone.

 

“Ok! Let’s do two more rounds so we can pack up,” Suho stood up as the others followed.

They their stereo and started. As they are practicing, Andy followed them while dancing the chorus part on the vacant space near Janine. He stopped and watched them again, tilting his head as if trying to memorize and get the steps perfectly.

After two rounds, they all turned to see Andy, with his back on them dancing the chorus part.

“Am I tired or Andy is really dancing?” Sehun gaped at the little boy.

“You are tired but Andy is really dancing,” Suho replied.

When Andy finished dancing, Janine clapped her little hands, “Andy you should do that on our party!” she squealed.

Andy smiled, “Aniyo, I don’t know how to do the other dance,” he sighed and turned to look at the twelve guys standing and awed by his performance.

“Wow! Andy, you should dance with us!” Chanyeol smiled and kneeled down to pat him at the head.

“Jinja? Can I join you now?” he asked smiling at Chanyeol.

Chanyeol smiled back, “When you are tall like me, you can join us!” he replied.

 

“Yeah, like when he grows tall like you, you are still young. You might be on crutch already when that happens,” Kai smirked.

“That’s the reason why Janine won’t allow you to hug Andy,” Suho looked at Kai who frowned back.

“Janine, who do you think is the most handsome among us?” Tao asked all of the sudden.

Janine looked at him, “You are not handsome,” she answered.

(O_O) “What? I am not handsome? But why?” he asked almost pleading at the little girl.

“Kris gege is handsome but you are not,” she replied.

He pouted, “Andy, am I handsome?” he asked at the little boy.

Andy looked at him, then to Luhan, then back at him, and did it a couple of times again.

“Are you comparing me to Luhan?” he asked without even waiting for Andy’s answer.

The little boy looked at him again, “Luhan Appa is beautiful,” he replied.

Luhan sighed as the others stifled a laugh at the little boy’s comment.

“I am asking if I am handsome, not if Luhan is beautiful,” Tao sighed pouting at Kris.

“Stop asking the twins, they will not recognize your charm for now,” Suho gave him a sad smile.

Tao feign a hurt look which moved the little boy.

“Tao Appa,” he looked up at Tao, “You are handsome,” he added.

Tao grinned and patted his head, “Good! You really know how a handsome guy should look.”

“But,” Andy blinked unsure if he should continue. He hid behind Luhan first before continuing his statement which made Tao protest at the little boy.

“Luhan Appa is more handsome,” he added.

Janine who is beside Kris giggled at Tao’s act of protest, acting childish at Suho.

“Arasseo Tao, you are handsome,” Suho said just to make him stop.

 

Tao gave a satisfied smile as they all went out to go home.

“But I have one more word for you Tao,” Xiumin suddenly said as they are on the lobby. Kris had sent the twins on their mother’s office so here they are waiting for him.

“What?” he asked.

“Little kids don’t tell lies,” Xiumin said and went outside to get to their van. The others followed laughing while Tao remained at the lobby trying to digest what Xiumin means by that.

“What are you still doing here?” Kris came up behind him.

“Hyung, what does Xiumin mean that little kids don’t lie?” he asked. Kris thought for a while and grinned when he got what Xiumin mean by that.

“Ignore it, it will do you no good,” he said and moved on. He stopped when he noticed that Tao is not following him. He turned around and saw that Tao is looking at him, pouting and acting childish from the way he pouts.

“Arasseo!” Kris said and turned at him, “When the twins said that you are not handsome, they really mean it. That’s what Xiumin means that little kids don’t lies,” he explained.

Tao’s jaw dropped after hearing his answer. He stomped his feet while going out to get to their van while Kris follows shaking his head.