Chapter Ten

With Them (Sequel to With Her)

The whole crew assigned for the pictorial finally left for the first location. The ride was not that long. They finally arrived on a small concrete house enough for a small family.

The crew finally woks to set up the locations which were the kitchen, the kids’ room and the open veranda at the front.

The director of the pictorial gathered the models including Diane who will be the photographer.

“Okay, we will do the first set here. The room will be for the twin’s while the veranda will be for the couple. The dining room will be for the whole family. Any questions?” he looked at Joo In and Kris.

“Can we start first with the kids?” Joo In asked.

“Yes, we will definitely start with them. As the two of you prepares and the staffs prepares the veranda, we will proceed upstairs so we can finish the children’s part,” the director said and ushered Diane to follow her including the twins.

“Mommy, you will not join us?” Janine asked.

“Later baby,” she smiled as the two follows their Aunt Diane.

 

The other staffs works on Kris and Joo In. They made Joo In change into a comfortable dress. Lavender, below the knees with short sleeves. She had her hair tied half with a pink ribbon and a light touch of make-up. Kris on the other hand had to resort on jeans with a brown polo above a white shirt, buttons down. The sleeves were rolled up to the elbows. For this part, they are required to be barefoot.

 

When Diane and the director finally went down finishing the kids’ part, they set up the veranda for the two. Joo In took off her flip-flops same with Kris, who removed his shoes.

“Okay, I want you to feel comfortable with each other okay? Shall we do the solo shots?” the director smiled at the two. Diane stepped forward and looked at them.

“Jane, please step forward. Hands on the railings and I want to see that relaxed look, okay?” Diane smiled. She then took a few shots before she asked Kris to take the seat beside Joo In.

“Just sit there, look up at her and convey that certain look as if you are mesmerized at your wife. Can you do that with a half-smile?” she asked Kris.

“I can try,” Kris smiled and sat on the chair. After a few shots, time to do the couple pictures.

“For this part, Kris, I want you to give Jane a back hug, that scenario in which the husband acts sweet to his wife. Act as if the two of you are talking about something,” Diane instructed and held her camera.

Kris looked at Joo In, “Are you sure?” he asked.

“Oh, come on! It’s fine with me,” Joo In smiled, “Just think of me as someone you like,” she added.

Kris sighed and reached to try, but he withdrew. “I don’t think I can manage,” he said shaking his head.

“Well, if you can’t do that, we have plan B,” Diane smiled.

“What’s Plan B?” Kris asked.

“You have to hold her by the waist, let your foreheads touch and act all so sweet as if you two were whispering words of love,” she replied.

Kris blinked, “I’ll stick to plan A,” then he drew near Joo In.

 

He was careful as he wraps his arms around her waist. With a deep breath, he leans on her shoulder as she place her hand on his arms wrapped around her waist.

“I don’t think Luhan will like this,” he whispered.

“It’s called acting professional, no feelings attached,” she whispered back, slightly turning her head.

Kris let out a chuckle but stopped short when he felt Joo In’s hand on his face. When he looked at her, she was looking ahead of them.

“Ok! That will be all! Let’s get to the kitchen,” Diane said as she smiled at the two with a thumb up sign.

 

“I remember Luhan say that he will watch this pictorial for Andy,” Diane whispered over Joo In as the crew sets up the dining room to look like they are on their lunch.

“He might be busy,” she whispered back.

Diane shrugged and helps on the set up as the other focuses on dressing up the twins and doing some light changes on Joo In’s hair.

 

The pictorial soon commenced. The table was made for four. Joo In and Kris sat face to face while the twins did the same. The table was filled with food for lunch. Joo In had her hair a bun with few dangling strands of hair. Kris had removed his brown polo and hangs it at the back if his chair. Being naughty as they are, the twins started to demand for the food. Left with no choice, Joo In gave them their share while Kris helps in feeding the two since they can’t quite reach the table. While the two are busy, Diane simply took shots of them before she dismissed them.

 

Since lunch is already served, the whole crew decided to have a break before they proceed on doing the other half. While the twins are eating with Diane, Joo In checked the photos, same with Kris.

“It would have been better if you chose Luhan,” he said as they are scrolling at the twin’s pictures.

“I don’t think I can stand that,” she gave a sad smile.

“I really don’t get it why do you have to leave when you are pregnant,” Kris looked at her.

“You had much of the issues to handle and I don’t think I can manage if our marriage gets leaked. Especially my pregnancy,” she replied.

“Is that an act of selfishness? I mean, yes, you want to save Luhan from those issues but have you ever thought of what he might felt when you leave?”

That made her stops from scrolling. She bowed her head, “I don’t know if he can forgive me,” she whispered.

“It’s never too late,” Kris taps her shoulder.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“Kyungsoo, can you take this to Kris?” their manager asked as they are all down the floor to rest. They had just finished another round of practice.

“He forgot to bring this. He will need this for the last part of the pictorial,” their manager handed the paper bag.

“Where can I find them?” Kyungsoo asked when he received the paper bag.

“I already told the driver, go and change so you can go,” he said.

“That’s unfair!” Kai protested.

Everyone looked at him.

“He can skip the practice and watch the pictorial, why can’t we just all go?” he looked at their manager.

The others let put their protest that pushed their manager to agree. They cheered and everyone proceeds back to their unit to change.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

The second part is outside on the playground and the garden. Joo In changes from the dress to jeans and a casual shirt. Her hair is tied up in a ponytail. Janie is wearing a long sleeved shirt rolled up to the elbows and a pair of jeans. A pink ribbon is tied on her hair on the left part.

Kris is wearing a long sleeved shirt again, rolled up to the elbows with the same pair of jeans while Andy is wearing a blue shirt with a Fedora hat. He had a pair of pants just below his knees and a pair of shoes.

 

“Let’s play!” Janine squealed when they arrived on the open garden where they will have the pictorial. Andy followed him and they started chasing each other.

“Go on and play with them,” Diane said over the two.

Kris and Joo in exchanged looks and later on they found themselves joining the two. Kris found a water hose the same with Joo In so they started spraying water at each other. Andy hid behind his mother while Janine hid behind Kris as they continued the water fight.

Andy and Janine kept on laughing and playing even though they are told that they need to change for the playground. Joo In smiled at Kris who smiled back. Both were heaving their breath while they dry up the twins. Later, they dried themselves and changed again.

 

Janine had a wool sweater over a lace dress. She had her black leggings and had her hair down. Andy on the other hand, is wearing a red shirt with black shorts and black shoes. He had a red cap in which the flag of United Kingdom printed on it.

Janine changed into a loose pink sweater above a white shirt. She had her black skinny jeans with matching pink ballerina shoes. Kris is wearing a white shirt beneath a black jacket with his blue jeans matched with black Converse and had his hair down.

 

Just as they are fixing the play ground, the boys arrived to check on Kris and give him the paper bag. The commotion they created among the female staffs made Joo In turned her head but ignored it. It was Andy who noticed them and ran to meet them.

Janine on the other hand pulls Joo In to the swing. “Push the swing for me Mommy,” she said as Joo In helps her on the swing. Just as she was about to push her, Andy came rushing to them, pulling Luhan with him.

“Luhan gege!” Janine smiled at Luhan. Joo In just stared at him as he helps Andy on the swing.

“Mommy, Luhan Appa is here to watch me!” Andy smiled at his mother as Luhan slowly pushes the swing.

Emotions start to swirl within her; butterflies getting wild on her stomach as she looks at him. When Luhan looked at her, she avoided his eyes and starts on pushing the swing.

Luhan and Andy are engaged on a conversation while Janine would constantly join them. Once she will smile and look up at her mother who smiles back at her.

 

The director stood from afar, watching the four and whispered at Diane who si busy taking pictures of them in secrecy.

“It would be picture perfect if Jane chose Luhan. I mean, look at the chemistry they exude,” he whispered.

Diane nodded, “Let’s get this done so we can take the family portrait,” she said and instructed the staffs to finish the set up so they can start and go back to the studio.

 

While they are setting it up, the boys are watching Luhan and Joo In push the swing where the twins sit.

“I thought you guys will not come around,” Kris said as he looks inside the paper bag.

“If not for that coat we will never come here, and thanks to Kai’s protest too,” Chen smiled.

“Picture perfect,” Suho said taking a shot of the event on the playground.

“I wonder who the twins’ father is,” Tao mused as he watches them too.

“Hyung, do you have any idea?” Lay asked Kris.

“No idea at all. Even though Jo-Jane is very accommodating, trying to make it comfortable for me, she barely talks about her private life. Besides we had just met,” Kris replied.

“I really would think she is Joo In.” –Kai

“But she is not Joo In.”- Baekhyun

“I wonder where Joo In could be right now.” –Chanyeol

“Yeah, I kind of miss her too.” –Sehun

 

Later, Luhan left the swing as Kris took his place to start the photo shoot. He joined the other who started on asking him.

“Does she really look like Joo In?” Xiumin asked.

Luhan just gave a faint smile and watches the pictorial.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

The last part commenced on the studio. All of them returned back to the company including the boys.

The family picture will be taken with three different concepts. The studio was divided into three parts with three different back drafts.

The first was the Chinese concept in respect to Kris’ nationality. The four of them changed into fabulous Chinese traditional dress and did a pose on a large sofa.

The second is the Korean concept which was Joo In’s nationality. They changed into hanboks and did a pose, seated on the floor as if doing a greeting for their parents.

 

All throughout the session, the boys would ask the twin to take a picture with them after every concept in which the twins would gladly do.

The last part took long to starts since they had to pay attention to the make-ups and dress. It is a formal concept. Kris is wearing a formal black suit same with Andy. Janine is with a white dress with a billowing skirt just above her ankles. Her hair is tied up with a white ribbon behind to hold her hair.

Joo In is wearing the black dress Diane and Drew gave her. It’s a turtle necked sleeveless evening gown with small shining intricate designs at the hem tracing up to the slit which is just a few inches long.

A white flower is sewed on its part to add a little detail. Her hair is tied in half, curled at the ends and a light make-up. She wears black stiletto heels to match the dress.

 

The twins were seated on high chairs as the Joo In and Kris stands behind them. Andy is seated in front of Joo In while Janine is on Kris.

“Compress please,” Diane instructed.

“Jane, please do a lovely lean on your husband and Kris, do support her by the waist,” she added looking at the two. “Your other hand on the twins please so we can finish this,” she positioned her camera.

The two abides as she took various angles before she closed the pictorial session.

“Thank you! That will be all,” she bowed at the models then to the staffs.

 

Andy ran to meet the boys when he got down the high chair. “Where’s Luhan Appa?” he asked.

The others exchanged looks.

“He was just here a while ago,” Sehun said as they tried to look around for him.

Andy gave a sad smile, “I want to take a picture with Luhan Appa,” he whispered.

The boys looked at him, “Then shall we take a picture instead?” Kyungsoo invited him.

Andy nodded as they all gather up to take a picture with him.