Chapter Six

With Them (Sequel to With Her)

It was one of those days when they are not so busy. They had already acquired the habit of staying at their practice room to wait for the twins.

They heard soft knocks followed by the opening of the door.

They all looked expectantly at the twins but the two little kids seem distracted. They proceed to get near Kris.

“Why the long face?” he asked as Janine sighs.

“Kris gege, Mommy has a suitor,” she whispered.

“A suitor?” Kris exclaimed startling the others.

Andy gave a nod instead. He looked at Luhan who had just come inside.

He ran up to meet the guy. “Luhan Appa! Mommy will marry another man!” he exclaimed reaching to hug him.

Luhan chocked on his drink, “Marry?” he coughed. He handed his bottled water to Sehun and knelt to hug the little boy.

“I don’t want Mommy to marry another man. What will happen to Daddy? What will happen to Janine and me?” he sobbed.

He looked up at the other but they shrugged off like they don’t know anything about it.

When Andy parted, Luhan held his little face. “Your Mommy will not marry another man. Perhaps the man just likes your Mommy.”

“But I don’t like the man! He is mean!” he wailed wiping the tears on his little face.

“Mean?” Suho looked at the little boy.

“Did he happen to hurt you? Did he do something bad to you?” Kai asked.

“Aniyo,” Andy whispered.

“Then why do you say he is mean?” Chen asked.

“Because whenever Mommy comes to play with us, he will arrive and will talk to Mommy for long and Mommy forgets to play with us,” Andy explained.

“Oh, is that so?” Baekhyun nodded.

Andy curled up in Luhan’s arms as he stood up to sit on the couch.

 

“Janine, what can you say about the man?” Tao asked the silent little girl.

“I don’t like him. He looks at us with angry eyes whenever we go to Mommy to play with us when they are talking. I hate him,” she said.

“This is bad,” Sehun crossed his arms.

“If the twins don’t like her then how can we let their mother know about it?” Xiumin asked as he looked at Andy yawned in Luhan’s arms.

“I haven’t personally met their mother. How can we find her with her busy schedule?” Lay asked.

Silence ensued as all of them thinks of a way to help the twins.

 

“Maybe we can ask Janine to lead us to where her Mommy works. We can meet her and tell her what the twins told us,” Tao broke the silence.

“But we cannot just barge in and tell her directly that one. She might get mad at us for invading her private life. Then it will all end up to one thing I know none of you favors,” Suho looked at them.

“What is it?” Lay asked.

“She will prohibit the twins from getting in here again,” Suho replied.

They all heaved a sigh.

“Oh, they had fallen asleep,” Kyungsoo pointed out.

Andy fell asleep while hugging Luhan. Luhan adjusted himself, letting Andy’s little head on his shoulder.

Janine on the other hand, stretched her little body on the couch, her head cushioned on Kris’ lap.

“I guess that suitor issue must have kept them awake all night,” Kai sighed.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Joo In and Diane with the twins finally arrived on their apartment after a tiring day. Diane parked the car; Joo In lifts Andy since he fell asleep again on their way home while Diane picks up the sleepy Janine. Joo In had to tend to Andy so he can change clothes without waking him up while Janine did hers with Diane’s assistance.

When the twins were already tucked in, Joo In went down with Diane to have their late dinner.

 

When they are silently eating, the doorbell rang.

“I’ll get it,” Joo In volunteered.

When she opened the door, it was Drew. He held up a pizza box, “Am I too late to bring this?” he asked.

Joo In smiled and let him in.

 

Later, the three of them lounged at the living room.

“I miss the twins,” Drew sighed as he sips on his can of beer.

“You got a busy schedule these past few weeks. What have you been doing?”  Joo In asked.

“Oh, I travel from places to attend to business matters,” Drew replied.

“It’s always business, but you didn’t finished Management,” Joo In rolled her eyes.

“So I assume you had earned enough money for the dress,” Diane looked at him.

“Here we go again with that dress issue,” Drew sighed.

“Come on Drew! You know how I want that dress! And you promised it way back, so now is the time to buy that before it’s too late,” she gave him a look.

“I’ll wait for the sale period,” Drew smiled.

Joo In felt lost at the conversation, “What are you guys talking about?” she asked.

They ignored her, “Now if you don’t buy that dress, I will definitely tell them your whereabouts,” Diane threatened.

“As if you can take the risk to expose them,” he counters back.

“Damn it! Will you just quit it and buy that dress??” Diane exclaimed.

“Woah! Calm down, you might wake up the kids,” Joo In patted Diane’s shoulder.

Drew rolled his eyes and stood up. He picked up his car keys.

“Where are you going?” Diane stood up.

“Home,” he replied and disappeared on the door.

 

Diane sighed in defeat.

“What’s with the dress? Why do you always insist him to buy it?” Joo In asked.

She just gave a faint smile reaching to get her can.

A few minutes later, the doorbell rang again.

“I’ll get it,” Joo in volunteered again.

When she came back, she is holding a black rectangular box tied with white ribbons.

Diane stood up and immediately reached to receive the box. The two of them opened it and Diane squealed.

“Oh my God! He really bought it!” she jumps up with joy.

Joo In looked at the black dress with dreamy eyes, “It’s beautiful,” she whispered.

“Yes, I know! Especially when it is you who will wear it,” Diane smiled handing her the box.

“What do you mean?” Joo In looked puzzled.

“I want you to wear that on the photo shoot with your kids,” Diane replied.

“Wear it? But why?” Joo In is still lost.

“Oh, stop thinking why! Just do as I say okay?” Diane smiled at her. Then Diane hugged her.

“I always wanted to see you wear that and stand beside your kids. It would be nice if Luhan will be there to complete the family picture. And I will be the photographer of course!” she squealed in delight.

“I doubt that what you dream will happen,” Joo In sighed letting her hand ran through the fabric of the dress.

“Trust me, sooner it will happen. I just had the feeling when we finally step in here, the first time we came to Korea,” she smiled at the girl who had been a single mom since she started her scholarship.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“Kris Appa, I want bubble tea,” Andy whispered over Kris.

“Why did you not tell your Luhan Appa?” he asked the little boy.

“He is busy with Sehunnie Appa,” Andy replied.

Kris smiled, “Very well, let’s go?” he held the little boy’s hand.

The others noticed them, especially Janine. “Kris gege, where are you going?” she asked leaving Kai. They were playing Monopoly board game.

“Andy wants to buy bubble tea,” he said. Janine walked near them, “I want bubble tea too,” she said and held Kris’ other hand.

 

Just as they are about to leave, the others followed them. “You guys want bubble tea too?” he looked at his co-member.

“If you would treat us which will be never so we are coming with you to take a break too,” Chen replied.

He sighed and soon, they all left the room. Luhan finally noticed Andy’s down mood so he went over and lifts him up.

“Mianhe Andy; Luhan Appa was not able to be with you a while ago,” he said over the little boy.

Andy smiled and hugged him.

 

When they are already enjoying their snacks, a man entered the canteen. Janine was startled when she saw the man.

“Kris gege, that is the man who wants to marry my Mommy,” she pointed at the man.

Kris looked at the man whose already ordering. Then he occupied the third table on their right.

“Hey, that’s the suitor,” Kris whispered at the boys.

Everyone turned to look at the guy, assessing him before they all exchanged looks.

“So, what can you say?” Kris asked.

“He really looks mean.” –Chanyeol

“He is not good looking.” –Kai

“His exudes an aura that would make you frown.” –Baekhyun

Then they all gave their remarks towards the guy.

“He is one of the staffs who handled the MV we just finished,” Suho said as they all settled down.

“Yeah, but I doubt their mother will like him. Some staffs seem to hate him. Where did he met their mother by the way?” Kyungsoo asked.

Everyone turned to look at Luhan, but he is busy playing with Andy on his phone.

“Is he serious on being the father figure for the kid?” Kyungsoo asked again.

The others heaved a sigh.

 

“I will tell Mommy tonight that I don’t like that man,” Janine said with such determination when they are heading back the practice room.

“Janine, you haven’t fully got to know the man, perhaps he is nice,” Kris reasoned out.

Janine just snubbed him.

‘This is bad,’ he thought as he looks at the little girl walking beside him.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Joo In just finished reading a bedtime story or the twins. Tonight, the twins decided to sleep with their mother.

“So did you like the story?” she asked the twins. Janine is lying on her right, Andy on the left.

“Ne,” Andy replied.

She puts the book on the side table and hugged her children, “Your Mommy loves you very much,” she whispered at the two.

“Saranghae Umma,” Andy whispered back.

“I love you too Mommy,” Janine whispered too.

 

“Mommy?” Janine looked up at her. “Yes?” she replied.

“I don’t like your suitor,” Janine said, looking expectantly at her mother.

Joo In was startled at the little girl’s confession.

“Me too Mommy. He is mean,” Andy added.

It took her minutes to finally register in her mind what her kids had just said. A smile crept up on her lips.

“I know, and Mommy hates him too. Today, I told that man I don’t like him so he will not return again and we can play again as much as we want,” she finished squishing the two with a hug.

“Always remember that your mother only loves your father,” she said before she kissed them on the forehead.