Chapter Three

With Them (Sequel to With Her)

“Oh! I am so nervous! I hope I get the steps right this time!” Chanyeol rubbed his hand as they went over the place where they will have their polishing for the final video production.

“Ok, boys line up and do your warm up. I don’t want you groaning later in pain because you haven’t had any warm up,” their manager addressed them.

Everyone started to explore the place, trying to find their places during the dance. The others did some warm up like stretching and such.

Kai and Lay had a session about the steps while Luhan and Xiumin watch them. Kris, Tao and Kyungsoo are on the other side, warming up.

“Did you inform the twins that we are not going to the practice room today?” Kyungsoo asked Kris.

“Ne, I already talked to them when I sent them back to their mother’s place,” he replied.

“I kind of miss them already,” Baekhyun walked over them, joining the conversation.

“Yeah, especially Andy,” Kyungsoo added.

“They are kind of cute and lovely. I don’t mind being the father for them,” Kris stated, smiling.

“You bet that! Why don’t you court the mother, I heard she is a single mom,” Chanyeol joined the conversation too.

“Single mom?” the rest exclaimed.

“Yeah, that’s what our manager said when I asked about the new photographer,” he replied at the curious crowd in front of him.

“Do you think I stand a chance?” Kris asked.

“You’re serious about courting their mother?” Tao asked in disbelief.

Kris smiled at him, “The little girl likes me, so I probably stand a chance,” he replied.

Tao’s jaw dropped at Kris statements. Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun smiled at Kris.

Tao blinked at the others, “You mean you are all fine with it?” he asked.

“Why not? I mean, Kris is already at his prime years, old enough to get married,” Kyungsoo smiled at Kris.

“Yeah, and he suits well the father figure,” Chanyeol added.

“The mother is sure to be beautiful to have kids like them, so it’s not a waste,” Baekhyun added too.

Suho moved closer to them, “What are you guys talking about?” he asked.

“Can you believe it that they agreed on Kris proposition to court the twin’s mother?” Tao looked at Suho.

“The twin’s mother?” he asked looking at the others.

Chanyeol wiggled his eyebrow as if sending him a silent message.

“Ah! Yeah, Kris had mentioned that too. Well, better support him on his decision,” Suho tapped Tao’s shoulder.

 

Tao just stood there gaping at the crowd looking at him. Sooner, Baekhyun and Chanyeol burst out laughing.

“What’s so funny?” Tao asked again, frowning at the two.

“You are so dense when it comes to Kris,” Kyungsoo shook his head smiling.

“How can he court the twin’s mother when he barely knows her?” Suho asked Tao.

Kris broke into a grin while the younger bowed his head, blushing at the embarrassment.

“Don’t worry Tao, if ever I decided to get married for real, I’ll inform you first and you will be my Best Man,” Kris said as they all gathered up to start the recording.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

“Jane,” Joo In’s manager called her as she is busy checking the photos they will use for the cover magazine.

“Ne,” she replied looking up at Mr. Cha

“Can you please give this to my good friend at the 45th Avenue? They are having a polishing practice there with his talents and too bad I need to get to this urgent meeting regarding your photo shoot. Will you do me the favor?” Mr. Cha pouted at her.

Joo In smiled and received the papers as her manager gleefully hugged her before going outside.

“Diane, do you know who this Mr. Cha’s friend is?” she asked her bestfriend who is busy editing some photos.

Diane reached out and read the paper, “Oh, that’s the Exo’s manager,” she said and resumed on working on the photos.

“Oh, Exo K is having their polishing practice today?” she asked again Diane.

“Who says it’s only Exo K? Don’t be so confident dear,” Diane looked at her, “When I say Exo, I mean the twelve members,” she added.

“The twelve members ok,” Joo In nodded and collected the papers. She stopped and looked at Diane. “Twelve?” she asked again.

“Yes, and probably, Luhan is with them,” she added with sarcasm.

 

Joo In stood there motionless, her mind whirling at the possible events that might occur at the place where she will go.

“Diane,” she smiled sweetly at her bestfriend.

“No, I am not falling for that Joo In,” she replied and closes her laptop, “I will pick up the twins and you will give that to their manager,” she added grabbing her bag.

“But Diane! I can’t face them, I mean I am not yet ready, please?” she begged but Diane left her, closing the door. Her phone buzzed, it was text from her manager.

 

From: Mr. Cha

To: Mommy Dear

 

Jane, please don’t forget that papers. He will be expecting you there, I had informed him already. Send my regards to the boys too, especially Kris. Xoxo

 

She sighed upon reading the text. Then another text came up, from Diane.

 

From: Bff Diane

To: Mommy Dear

 

Go girl! It’s time to finally meet your long lost husband! Invite him on a date and end up the twin’s suffering. Lol! Fighting!

 

‘Like it’s that easy to do it,’ she thought and grabbed her bag. She hailed a cab and gave the address before she practiced her lines. She became paranoid and keeps on asking the driver if they are near the 45th Avenue already.

The car took a turn and stopped on a big warehouse, “Is this the place?” she asked as they reached a new warehouse.

“This is the place,” the driver said as he reached for the fare from Joo In. When the cab left, Joo In felt the need to get away from the place and get home.

Left with no choice, she bravely ventured inside. From the outside, you can see the cars from the entertainment, and some staffs are going in and out of the big warehouse. She approached one of the staffs who are standing beside a van, “Excuse me? Is the Exo’s manager in here?” she asked.

“Oh, are you Jane?” the staff asked instead.

“Ne, I am Jane. Is the boys’ manager in here?” she asked again.

“Yes, he is expecting you. Follow me,” the staff replied smiling at her.

“Can you just give him these papers?” she pulled the staff.

“I can’t. The manager is expecting you already,” the female staff replied.

She sighed, and followed the staff who gave her a weird look. They got inside to where the boys are having their final polishing. She tried her best to look confident and that the mere presence of the boys is not affecting her. ‘They will not recognize you, calm down!’ she keeps on telling herself.

Their manager is with the director of the MV the boys will shoot, which is actually closer to where the boys are.

 

“Sir, Jane is here,” the female staff informed the Exo’s manager. The latter turned and excuses approaching Joo In. She smiled at him, “Hello sir,” she bowed her head.

“So you are Jane?” he asked receiving the papers. He gave a quick look at the papers as Joo In stood there, unsure if she will leave or not.

“Sir, can I go now?” she asked looking at their manager.

“Just a minute, I have to talk to you about the photo shoot which will involve two of my boys from the selection,” he smiled at her, “Relax, you look so tensed,” he added looking at the papers again.

“Me? But I think you should talk to Mr. Cha,” she replied, finally relaxing, forgetting that the boys are just a few feet away from her.

“No, you should be the one I am supposed to talk to. Mr. Cha is not the one who will be with my talents in case,” their manager smiled at her.

“According to these, Kris and Luhan were one of the top choices. That’s a nice choice actually, but I recommend Suho also, he can fit the role too,” he looked at her.

Joo In smiled at him, “I actually said that to Mr. Cha but he didn’t approve. Suho oppa looks like a prince and I would look like rags according to him,” she chuckled.

Their manager laughed at her response. “True, true, he looks like a prince and he doesn’t actually suit the father figure.”

And they had a normal conversation as their manager keep on asking her random things regarding the photo shoot that will commence and even her private life.

 

“So you are a single mother with two kids who are fraternal twins, a professional photographer and a model/endorser too,” the boys’ manager looked at her.

“Yes, been a single mom for more than three years,” she replied.

“Regarding the interview, are you having it with your chosen partner?” –manager

“Maybe, but as much as possible I would prefer it to be separate. – Joo In

“The photo shoot will include your kids?” –Manager

“Yes, that’s why we are narrowing down the list. My kids can be naughty whenever they don’t like the person. But when they like you, they will be sweet and all just to please you,” she smiled.

“Do you have any picture of your kids?” their manager asked.

Joo In let out her phone and showed him the twin’s photos, introducing them at the same time.

“Andy looks like Luhan, and Janine really looks like you although she shares resemblance at Luhan too. Why don’t you choose Luhan instead?” their manager looked at her.

She gave a nervous laugh, “I can’t. Mr. Cha’s permission is needed so I need to consult him first.”

The boys’ manager nodded and continued on looking at the twin’s photos.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

In the midst of their practice, as they started their second round, they all looked at the door just as instructed. In time the music started, Joo In enters the place following the staff who led her inside.

Xiumin and Luhan were distracted upon seeing her at the same time unsure to conclude that she is someone familiar to them. They had to redo the first part since some committed mistakes when they all saw Joo In.

All throughout the practice, Luhan finds it hard to concentrate. The lady they saw who look like Joo In is talking with their manager, behind the camera man who films them. Somehow, he managed to survive.

After the dance, he is still looking at the lady who is now bowing her head and seems like leaving.

He wants to move and look at her up-close but he was caught in a trance as he watches her made her way outside. Before she could leave, a staff called her handing her some papers. She turned to look at Luhan for the briefest moment as if she felt his need to confirm her face. She smiled and looked back at the staff before she left.

 

When she is gone, Luhan breathed. He had held his breath longer while looking at that lady who had caught her in a trance.

“Looks familiar right?” Xiumin tapped his shoulder waking him up from a daze.

“Huh? What familiar?” he asked dazed.

“You look so dazed, are you alright?” Xiumin asked instead.

“Hyung! Have you seen the girl who just left? She really looks like Joo In-na!” Chanyeol blurted out at the two.

“Yeah! She really looks like her; it’s just that her hair is shorter!” Baekhyun added, joining the crowd.

The other crowded over Luhan who was at loss for words as every one of them relayed their thoughts about the lady who just left.

 

When they noticed Luhan speechless and dazed, they all stopped. Finally regaining his senses, he ran past them, out the door to follow the lady. The staffs were shocked by his sudden reaction, looking at his running figure. When he is already out the warehouse, the girl had hailed a cab already. He tried to catch up with her calling her ‘Joo In’ but the girl just got on the cab and soon it moved away.

Trying his best, he ran after the cab but human as he is, he can’t beat the machine. He finally gave up when the car is already out of sight. He breathed hard, falling on his knees as the chance he had been waiting slipped off in a flash.

 

“Are you okay?” Suho asked when he finally returns looking so defeated.

“Why did you just run away? Did you follow the car?” Kris asked when he noticed sweats rolling down his head. He handed him a bottle of water but he felt so weak that he find it hard to open it. Tao helped him open the bottle but he didn’t drink any of the water.

“Are you okay?” their manager approached him.

“Hyung, who is that girl you just talked to?” Luhan asked instead.

“That one? She looks familiar actually. Well, she is the company’s new photographer. She came here to inform me about the photo shoot which concerns two of you. You and Kris had been selected as one of the top choices to be her partner,” he said.

“Partner? Is she having a photo shoot of herself?” Tao asked.

“Ne, she is having one. She is not just a photographer but a model/endorser too. She had just finished her photo shoot for the long gown collection for this season. The next shoot will involve her and her two kids, but since she is a single mother, they are looking for a father figure,” their manager explained.

“Can’t I volunteer?” Luhan asked. The boys gave him a weird look at his odd proposition.

“That will be good but you need to secure her manager’s permission and at the same time her permission too,” their manager said.

“You said she works in the company right?” Luhan asked again.

“Yes, but the chance of meeting her is slim. I barely see her in the company, although her schedule is always heavy, I can’t catch a glimpse of her,” their manager looked at her, giving him a sympathetic look.

“I know she looks like Joo In, but please don’t let that fact affect your performance. You will shoot the MV later so try to clear off your mind,” their manager added leaving the boys.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Joo In let out a sigh when she came back at the company. Her kids had been waiting at the entrance with Diane.

“Oh, why are you in here? Aren’t you supposed to be with your friends?” Joo In asked the twins as she hugged them.

“Kris gege said that they will practice in another room,” Janine replied.

“Chen Appa said they will be back tomorrow,” Andy said hugging his mother too.

“Is that so? Then shall we go out and drink bubble tea?” she smiled at the twin.

“I already loaded your bag at the car, no need to go back at the studio,” Diane said standing behind the twins.

“Well, then let’s go then!” Joo in held her twin’s hand on both sides as Diane follows closely behind.

 

“So the twins are already friends with the boys huh?” Diane asked as they sat on a bench at the play ground. They decided to just sit there while the twins play on the open playground near a shop.

“Yeah, Andy’s curiosity brought him at the basement where the boys are practicing. Then the next thing I knew, Janine joined him. That’s why they are always there during afternoon,” Joo In sighed as she watches Andy push the swing where Janine sits.

“Well, isn’t that a sign that you should tell Luhan about them?” Diane looked at her.

“I am not yet ready and I don’t want to just barge in their life. I am just scared of what might happen,” she sighed.

“But for how long will you keep it?” Diane looked at her again.

“I don’t know but I will surely tell Luhan and the twins about this matter,” she sighed and looked at her kids once more.