Chapter Nine

With Them (Sequel to With Her)

Same as usual, the twins arrived right after lunch. Just as what Tao and Chanyeol had agreed, it was Tao this time who will borrow the twin’s tablet. The room was eventually re-decorated. There are wall decorations for the kids like Bugs Bunny and other Looney tunes character, there are stickers of Strawberry Shortcake female character.

The boys actually teased their manager who posted those pictures, but he just ignored them and said that it will not bore the twins.

 

As the twins were busy with the other members; Janie plays with the Monopoly board game with the rest while Andy is with Luhan for the rubics cube, Tao browses the tablet for pictures.

“This gadget is so bare! There were no pictures to be viewed,” Tao complained as he scrolls further more. Just then, he came upon a picture which made him furrow his eyebrows.

It was a picture of two panda bears seated on two separate rocking chairs.

Something about the picture made him think. ‘I think I have seen this somewhere,’ he thought as he tries to remember it.

“Aha! I finally remember!” he exclaimed which startled the others. “This is Joo In’s panda bears!” he added.

The others exchanged looks as they try to get what Tao means by that. It was Luhan and Andy who approached him first. Luhan looked at the picture and turned to ask Andy, “Is this yours?”

Andy looked at the picture, “Ne, Mommy bought that for Janine and me,” he replied.

“She bought it? It is not hers?” Luhan asked again.

“Ne, she bought it,” Andy replied again.

“But that is weird,” Tao looked at Luhan. “I am sure that the first panda bear she got was bought in China and so as the second one you bought for her. I mean, I had been to all the gift shops and I haven’t seen any panda bears similar to this two,” he added.

Luhan looked at the picture then to Andy who is worked up on the rubics cube.

 

That matter was soon dismissed as the two joined those who are playing the board game. They decided to group themselves into four; Janine is with Kris’ group while Andy is on Luhan’s group. As they are playing, Chanyeol who is playing on the gadget came across a photo which made them all confused.

 

“Hyung! It’s Joo In-na!” he exclaimed. The game was soon forgotten when they all crowded over the picture. It was Andy and Janine’s picture with their mother, but in the picture, Joo In is wearing a wig as if having fun with the kids.

She is smiling while the twins kissed her on both cheeks. In that certain close angle, she really looks like the Joo In they met five years ago.

“Aniyo! That is Mommy Jane!” Andy protested.

“What is your Mommy’s real name?” Tao asked.

“Jane,” Janine replied.

“How about you two, what are your real Korean names?” Tao asked instead.

“I am Han Min Ji and Andy is Han Min Joon,” Janine replied.

“Han is your surname? That is the same as Joo In, Han Joo In,” Chen replied.

Everyone exchanged looks. All f the sudden, Luhan remembered what Xiumin handed him five years ago.

A pregnancy test kit Xiumin found on Joo In’s room. It was also positive as indicated by the two lines.

‘Will it be possible that these two are my kids and that Jane is Joo In?’ he thought as he looks at Andy and Janine.

 

“Janine, do you know where your Mommy takes pictures?” Kyungsoo asked.

The little girl gave a nod.

“Can you lead the way? We just want to see her,” he asked again.

Janine looked at Andy and stood up.

Soon, they all followed the little girl. She instructed them to press the fifth button just as how she sees her Mommy do so when they go up.

 

When they got on the floor, the twins led them the way since the studio where their Mommy works is quite crowded this time.

Some staffs recognized the boys and exchanged greetings.

“There is Mommy Jane!” Andy pointed.

Everyone turned their head on the direction and was awed by what they saw.

 

Joo In is seated on a glamorous chair in the midst of the photo shoot. The theme of the pictorial seems to be black and white since most of the other models wear black or white or the combination of the two. But it’s for the winter season since it will be winter soon.

She is wearing a black long-sleeved gown which clung perfectly on her body she had a white scarf tied around her neck. Her hair is tied up in a bun. She had her nails polished in black which matches her make-up. Her eye shadow is grayish black with heavy eyeliner to accentuate that smoky y look. Her lips were painted with the maroon thus making her look like snow White with not-so-red lips.

 

The boys just stood there as they watch her finish her part. When she was done, she noticed her twins. Andy and Janine rushed t give her a hug. The boys were just left there, standing and at loss for words.

“I don’t think Joo In will reach that level of confidence,” Lay said after a while.

“Yeah. That was actually very daring for my opinion,” Chen added.

“But isn’t it nice to know Kris’ partner is that breathtaking?” Suho remarked.

The others agreed on his remarks while Luhan just stared at the woman they are talking about who is currently talking to the twins.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“Jane, hurry up! We don’t want to be late for the contract signing right?” Mr. Cha said as Joo In rushes to go with him after grabbing her bag.

Today will be the formal signing of the contract thus Kris and Joo In needs to meet the producers and head investors of the magazine they will endorsing.

The twins with Diane are already waiting at the van which will take them to the restaurant.

 

Since the van is big enough, Joo In had enough room at the back to change on a simple cocktail dress to look formal. She puts on light make up and changed her shoes to heels. She tied her hair on a pony tail as the twins looked up at her.

“Mommy, are we going to a party?” Andy asked. Diane made him wear a polo shirt with a wool vest above it.

Janine on the other hand had worn a simple dress while her hair is held by a headband.

“Ne, we will meet some of my friends,” she smiled at her son.

“Mommy has many friends! Are we going to drink bubble tea there?” Janine asked.

“Yes, and we will eat sweets too,” Joo In held Janine’s face kissing her on the forehead.

 

The ride was not that long that sooner the car parked in front of a prestigious restaurant.

‘Déjà vu,’ she thought. This was the same restaurant where they met the boys and she was formally introduced to Luhan.

She took a deep breath and together with her kids she went inside. Mr. Cha and Diane followed behind.

Mr. Cha asked the receptionist about the reserved room for them. The male receptionist led them.

Joo In was not wrong on her thoughts that they finally end up on the same room they had used five years ago.

 

When they slid the door open, there were already some men waiting for them, leaving Janine, Diane and her as the only girls present. Mr. Cha greeted them as they bowed their heads. Luckily, the vacant seats were between Kris and the chair for Mr. Cha. Joo In occupied the third seat from Kris allowing the twins to sit between her and Kris.

Janine and Andy were very much happy to see their Kris Appa and didn’t forget the hug they always give the boys.

 

“Seems like the twins are already comfortable with Kris,” one of the so called producers remarked.

“They always happen to join us every afternoon on our practice room that’s why I am close to them,” Kris smiled.

“So Jane is aware of that?” the same guy asked.

“Yes, I am aware of it. I just can’t forbid them since they find it boring to stay at my office,” she smiled.

“Call me Luke,” the guy introduced himself.

“Oh, yeah, Mister Luke. He is the major producer of this pictorial. He had just came back from his business trip from Europe, right?” Mr. Cha looked at Luke.

“Yes, and I am very much willing to invest to these two,” he smiled at Kris but had his eyes later on Joo In.

“What’s your Korean name?” another producer asked.

“I am Soo Han Jin,” he bowed his head.

 

Diane was startled to hear his name. Without making it obvious, she reached for her phone and sent a text message to Drew.

The meeting soon commenced. They decided on the concepts which will be incorporated on the magazine and the proper locations where it will be held.

Lunch was soon served. They are still busy on the talks. Kris helped Joo In in feeding the twins. Diane on the other hand seems to be so bothered from the way Luke looks at Joo In.

 

Follows the contract signing after lunch. Joo In and Kris signed and then there goes the picture taking. Then they all shook hands since the meeting was dismissed.

As the other were talking with the manager of the two, Luke approached the twins and bends on one knee.

“You are Andy and Janine?” he asked smiling at the twins.

For some reasons the twins just hid behind their mother when he reached for them.

“Oh, don’t be rude,” Joo In tried to pull the twins so they can face Luke but they would not move. They even ran to hide behind Kris which startled the tall guy.

“I’m so sorry Luke,” Joo In apologized, “They are not actually like that,” she added.

Luke reached to hold her hand which startled her, “It’s okay. I guess they are not used on meeting new people,” then smiled at her.

 

Diane and Kris exchanged looks as they witnessed how Luke give Joo In that certain look.

Janine tugged on Kris’ shirt, “Kris gege, is that guy going to court Mommy too?” she asked.

Kris was startled at the little’s girl query.

Diane patted her head, “Aniyo, your Mommy only loves your Daddy,” she smiled.

When Luke finally let’s go of her, she proceeds on getting near her kids.

“Andy, Janine, that was rude,” she looked at them.

“But Mommy, what if he wants to marry you too?” Andy looked up at her with teary eyes.

Somehow, Joo In was moved by her son’s reaction. He knelt down and hugged him.

“Aniyo, Mommy only loves your Daddy,” she whispered feeling tears falling from her eyes.

Janine hugged them too, as she reached to hug her too.

“When will we meet Daddy?” Janine asked.

That very question made her burry her head as she silently cries. Kris was rooted on his place, not sure if he should comfort Joo In or the twins or just stay there.

“Joo In-na,” Diane called her, reaching to tap her shoulder.

 

That very name made Joo In and Kris look at Diane. When Diane realized what she had just said, she was speechless, unsure of what she should say again.

Joo In wiped her tear stained eyes and stood up. She smiled at Kris, “I hope you can keep secrets,” she said.

“But why?” Kris asked.

“I have reasons. I also want to tell him but this is not yet the time,” she replied.

Kris just looked at her, “But what about the twins?” he asked again looking at Andy and Janine who are already heading out with Diane.

“I will soon tell them the same time I will introduce him to them,” she answered.

“When?” Kris asked again.

“Soon. But for the mean time, please keep it for now. I beg you,” She looked at him with pleading eyes.

Kris sighed and gave a nod, “But please make it faster. I don’t think Luhan might be able to take it anymore,” he added and squeezed he shoulder before he left her.

Joo In sighed as tears started to threaten from falling. She blinked it back and grabbed her purse before she left the room.