Chapter Twelve

With Them (Sequel to With Her)

“Come on kids! Your Mommy waits for you,” Diane said as she looks at the twins get on the passenger seat of the car. She got on the driver’s seat and instructed them to put on their seatbelts before she starts the engine and drive through the open highway.

 

“Aunt Diane, when will Daddy come home?” Janine asked as they are on the road.

“Why do you ask?” she looked at the little girl on the rear view mirror.

“My classmates always had their Daddy fetch them when we go home,” she replied looking outside the window.

“Sooner baby,” Diane sighed and continued driving.

“Aunt Diane,” this time, its Andy, “How does Daddy look like?” he asked.

Diane was caught off guard at the question but manage to regain her composure without causing the car to bump anything.

“Well,” she started, “Your Daddy is handsome just like you Andy. He is very kind, very funny and loves you and your Mommy,” she replied.

 

The twins just looked at her then asked no more.

As she was checking the side mirror, she noticed a strange black car which seems to be trailing them.

At first she took no notice of it, but when she turned a corner to test if it is not following them, it really followed them. It alarmed her so she grabbed her phone and plugged her earphone. She dialed Drew’s number. He picked up after the third ring.

“Hello?” Drew spoke form the other line.

“Drew, can you check this plate number?” Diane said as she continues on taking turns to prolong the conversation and to keep off track the black car.

She heard various clicks and then Drew was on the line again, “Why do you ask?”

“It’s following us,” she replied.

“Damn! Get away as much as possible! They are trailing you and probably want to get the twins. Don’t alarm the two and please make sure the twins get home safe no matter how long you have to keep on turning and driving; just continue. Try to find a way to mislead them. I will really kill that guy,” he said.

“Does it have something to do with Joo In’s interview which was aired days ago?” she asked.

“Interview? I don’t know any of such,” Drew replied.

“She had her interview for promotions, she even revealed her real name,” Diane explained.

 

She heard Drew gave a frustrated sigh, “What a brilliant plan! I already told her not to reveal anything about her personal life! It will all lead them to where she is now. He knows that Joo In had kids but he don’t know that Jane is Joo In! My cousin really needs a good scolding.”

“Aunt Diane, where are we going?” Janine asked as they another curve.

“Oh, we are taking a shortcut and we will also get something from my friend,” Diane lied.

She reached for the stereo and let the Exo M’s ‘Baby’ play to distract the twins.

 

“What was that?” Drew asked from the phone.

“Janine is asking me where are we,” she replied.

“Have you misled them?” he asked again.

“Aniyo, they kept a close distance between us. I can’t find any means to mislead them,” she replied, worry lacing her voice. She kept on checking the road on the map in the car to follow where they are now.

“What car are you using?” Drew asked again.

“The one you bought for me, the blue one,” she replied.

“Okay, I’ll go get mine since it’s identical to mine and try to mislead them. Where are you now?” he asked.

“We are already near the University, hurry up,” she said and ends the call.

When she turned around to check the twins, they are already asleep.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Joo In had been pacing back and forth on the front door of their apartment. It’s already seven in the evening and the twins haven’t arrived. She checked the boys’ practice room but they are not there. Diane had sent her a message that they will be late but she didn’t expect it to be this late. She tried calling Diane but it’s out of reach. She tried Drew but he would not pick up. She felt uneasy already as she felt warm tears falling from her eyes.

 

Just then, she heard a car being parked. She wiped her tears and then she saw Diane and Drew carrying the twins. She opened the door and led the two to the twins’ room. When they are tucked in, she faced the two at the living room.

“Where did you bring my kids?” she looked at the two.

“For how long will you keep the truth from their father?” Diane asked instead.

“I am asking you where you brought the kids to get home this late.”

“And I am asking you too, how long will you keep the secret from their father?” Diane counters back.

 

They glared at each other. Drew decided to intervene.

“Joo In-na, didn’t I warn you not to tell anything about your private life in any interview you will attend?”

Joo In looked at him, “And why do you care if I tell all the people who am I?” she counters back.

“Because it is the same as telling Luhan that you are really Joo In,” he calmly replied.

“As if they would take time to watch every interview I have and besides that is the sole interview I had which had been aired,” she counters back.

“Do you know what danger awaits you and the twins?” he looked at her.

“For God’s sake! What danger are you talking about? It is not my plan to come back in here in the first place. It was you who sent my resume without informing me. It was you who wished for me to work back in here! We are living peacefully but you ruined it!” she yelled at Drew.

“I had to because he had found you! He already knows your whereabouts in Europe and I can’t take the risk of seeing you get in danger again,” Drew had raised his voice which startled Joo In.

“Who are you talking about?” she asked.

 

Instead of replying, Drew turned around and left her. She looked at Diane.

“You don’t know what awaits your Andy and Janine. You are not always sure that they will always be safe, so don’t be damned selfish. If you don’t make a move, I will do it,” Diane said before she left.

Everything whirled inside her mind as she watches Diane and Drew left the apartment.

She had never been in this major fight with Diane. Usually when they get into fights, Drew will always be there to fix it. But now, they teamed up against her.

‘What danger are they talking about? Who is that guy they are talking about? Why is that they always tend to keep secrets from me?’ she thought as she slowly sits on the couch, tears filling her eyes that she soon broke down.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

It’s still early as Joo In dresses up the twins. They are having a small costume party today. Janine is wearing a pink dress while Andy is wearing the black suit he had worn on the pictorial.

“Mommy, who will take pictures of us?” Janine asked as Joo In fixes her hair.

As she was about to reply, the door bell rang. She gave a finishing touch to the twins and grabbed their bag before she opened the door.

There stood Diane. She immediately hugged Joo In, whispering apologies. It was enough for Joo In to forgive her bestfriend.

“I’m so sorry, I was just stressed last night,” Joo In said when they parted.

 

“So why are they dressed up?” Diane asked.

“They will be having a costume party. I can’t come because Mr. Cha wants me to meet the new model for my new project,” she replied.

“I’ll accompany them and I promise to bring them back to the office in time,” she smiled at Joo In and pushed her to her room.

“Go take a bath and meet that new model,” Diane smiled.

When Joo In got to the bathroom, Diane checked the twins, and then she called over Joo In.

“Joo In-na, can I borrow your necklace?” she asked.

She heard a muffled ‘yes’ so she proceeds on the drawers. She pulled out two necklaces, silver and a gold one.

She puts the gold one around Janine’s neck and the silver on Andy’s neck.

She grabbed their bags and yelled goodbye to Joo In.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Right after lunch as the boys are having their break on the practice room, the twins arrived in their formal dress.

“Luhan Appa! Let’s take a picture!” Andy greeted the startled Luhan. He smiled at the little boy and grabbed her phone, taking a selca with Andy.

“Why are you wearing a formal dress today?” Chen asked.

“We had a party at school today!” Janine replied.

“Really? Let’s take a picture,” Tao said and kneeled beside Janine and took a picture of them.

The rest got busy on taking pictures of themselves with the twins. Sehun decided to buy the twins a drink.

 

When he came back and handed the drinks on the twins, he noticed the necklace the two is wearing. He looked at Luhan, “Hyung, check the twins’ necklace,” he said.

Luhan drew near the twins and reached for their neck to check on it. He looked at the twins when he saw it.

“Where did you get this?” he asked.

“Mommy owns this. She said this is ours,” Andy replied.

“Where did she get this?” he asked again, a warm smile spreading on his lips.

“She said it was from our Daddy. She said it was a gift from Daddy,” Janine replied.

“Do you know what your Mommy’s Korean name is?” he asked as the others crowded over them.

“Aniyo,” Andy simply shook his head.

 

“Hyung, what’s with the queries?”Tao asked.

“Do you still remember the silver necklace Lay gave to Joo In and the gold bracelet I gave her?” he smiled at his co-members.

They all gave a nod. “Check out the twin’s necklace which their mother gave them,” he gestured upon the confused twins.

Everyone tried to look at the necklace. Chanyeol gasped, “Hyung! That means… “ he left his statement hanging.

All of them looked down at the twins then to Luhan who is smiling fondly at the twins.

“Yes, what you think of is right. I am already sure of it,” he reached for the twins and hugged them affectionately.

 

All through the afternoon, he just played with the twins while the others tried to patch up things.

“Hyung, why don’t you just go up and tell her about it?” Suho sat beside them.

“I can’t just barged in there and tell her that I know who really she is and all about the twins. The kids might get frightened and at the same time she might withdrew them away from me. I’ll just wait for her to come and approach me,” he replied watching Andy and Janine fuss about the single face of the rubics cube they are trying to fix.

“Are you ready to face her?” Suho asked again.

“I am ready. And this time, I will not let them go away,” he replied.

Suho heaved a sigh and looked at Luhan who is already helping the twins solve the cube.

‘I hope things turn out right,’ he thought and left him on the couch.