Chapter One

With Them (Sequel to With Her)

Kai stopped in the middle of their dance practice and turned off the music.

The others were startled and watched him put his hands on his waist and faced them.

“What’s wrong with you guys? We have been into this routine for months and yet you can’t perfect it?!” he bellowed.

Five years changed all of them.

They finally reached the pinnacle of their dreams, be the number one.

They had made major concerts, produced platinum awarded albums and many more.

They had finally made it just as what they had been dreaming of.

 

They are having their practice for their next album, but somehow they can’t coordinate because the steps are a little more complicated and add the fact that they had been practicing nonstop since 4 in the morning.

No one dared to answer him back. Even though he is younger, the fact that he is the lead dancer gives him the pressure that he must perfect it all the way and guide them. But the others failed them, often, which can really irritate him.

He started his lecture again about the steps and the coordination as the others were silently listening. Just as he is in the midst of his talk, the door suddenly got slammed. They all turned and saw a little figure standing beside the door looking like he was chased by someone. The little boy looked at the twelve pairs of eyes that is looking at him and blinked.

Not able to control his anger, Kai walked over the little boy. When he stopped in front of him, it looked up at him.

“Yah! Who are you to just barge in someone’s room huh?” he yelled at the little boy.

“Did your parents even taught you about manners? Is that what they taught you instead? To barge in someone’s room? HUH? Answer me!” he yelled again.

The little boy looked at him with petrified expression. It started to sniff as tears started to fill his eyes. Just as expected it started to cry.

“WAAAAAH! Huhuhu….” He cried standing in there.

Kai was taken aback by the little boy’s reaction. He starts to panic and looked at his co-members for help.

They all avoided his eyes but smiles were tugged on their lips.

“What? You’re just going to ignore me like that?” he asked looking at them.

Kris laughed finally and approached him. He knelt in front of the little boy hugged and hushed him down.

“Don’t cry; it will be alright. You’re Kai hyung is just tired that’s why he yelled at you. Don’t cry now okay?” Kris said as he hugged the little boy.

The others drew near them, crowding over the little boy who hugged back at Kris. He buried his little face on Kris’ jacket and sniffed.

“You’re way too harsh on the kid Kai,” Suho patted Kai’s shoulder.

“He just broke my momentum and what kind of parents would let their children roam around the place?” –Kai

“But you should have looked at whom you would yell to.” – Xiumin

“So it is my fault now?” –Kai

“Aniyo, what we are just saying is that you should at least calm down a bit.” –Chanyeol

Kai rolled his eyes as the others knelt down to check on the little boy who had finally hushed down.

“What’s your name?” Kris asked as he held the boy. They squatted on the floor and let him sit on his lap while rubbing his back.

“Andy Han,” he replied still sniffing.

“Andy? What a cute name,” Chen smiled.

“Where are your parents?” Kris asked again.

“My Mom takes pictures of beautiful girls,” he replied.

They exchanged looks, “Pictures of beautiful girls?” Chanyeol asked.

“Don’t mind it. So, how old are you?” Kris asked again.

Andy looked at his fingers and counted, “I am four years old, aniyo, uhm, I will be four,” he replied.

“You will turn four years old?” Chen asked.

Andy nodded his head. Suho reached to wipe tear stains on his face.

“Why are you here?” Chanyeol asked.

Just as he was to reply, they heard soft knocks on the door. Kai who was leaning on it opened it. A cute little girl peeked inside and gasped when he saw Andy. She rushed inside and knelt in front of him.

“Why are you crying?” the little girl asked. “Who made you cry?” she asked again.

 

The boys looked at the little girl who kneels in front of Andy.

Andy looked at Kai and pointed his finger to him.

“What?” Kai asked looking at him. He looked down and curled up in Kris’ arms.

The little girl looked at Kai first before she stood up and walked near him. She stopped in front of him and with all her little figure; she mightily looked up at him.

“You,” she pointed at Kai, “You ugly boy!” she said and turned back to get to Andy.

“Say what?” he exclaimed. The boys stifled a laugh but later rolled on their backs laughing.

 

“So who are you? Are you Andy’s girlfriend?” Baekhyun asked at the little girl who is now sitting beside Chen.

They took a break since they had two little visitors and to calm down Kai who can’t recover from the girl’s accusation.

“Boo sherr (No), I am Janine. I am his sister,” she replied.

“You speak Chinese?” Lay asked.

“Shie,” she replied.

“Are the two of you Chinese?” Chen asked fascinated at the two.

“Aniyo!/ Boo sherr!” the two kids replied simultaneously.

The boys looked at the two kids.

Janine sighed, “We live in Europe,” she said.

“But how come you speak different language?” Xiumin asked.

“Our Mom is Korean but Mom said our Daddy is Chinese,” she replied.

“Chinese?” Luhan asked.

Janine nodded her little head.

“How old are you?” Tao asked.

She counted her fingers, “I am four years old, boo sherr, uhm, I will be four,” she replied.

“You will be four too? Does that mean that you two are twins?” Kris asked.

Andy and Janine nodded their head.

“Why did you call Kai ugly?” Sehun asked making the others chuckle while Kai glared back at him.

Janine looked at Kai, “Because Mom said when someone makes us cry it means he is jealous of our cute face,” she replied.

The others laughed at her sweet innocence while Kai glared at her almost like a little kid.

“Calm down, she is way too young for you to act like that,” Kyungsoo tapped his shoulder.

Kai took a deep breath while trying to calm himself.

Janine suddenly stood up and pulled Andy, “Let’s go. Aunt Diane will get mad at us and Mom will get mad at us too,” she said.

But the little boy held on too tight at Kris, “Aniyo, I want to see them dance. I want to be like them,” he pouted too cute for them to refuse at his request.

“I’ll just send you back to your Diane Unnie after we practice, will that be okay?” Kris asked.

Janine shook her head, “Mom will get angry at us and she will not go to sleep with us and monsters will take use when we go to bed,” she replied.

“Arasseo, I’ll accompany you back to your Unnie,” Kris puts down Andy and stood up.

“I always see him peeking at the door whenever we practice,” Chanyeol patted Andy’s head who smiled up at him.

“Let’s go?” Kris held Andy’s hand and Janine’s on his other hand.

 

“Wait,” Xiumin pulled Kris’ arms.

All of them looked at him.

“Luhan, can you kneel down between them?” he asked.

Luhan pointed to himself, “Me?” he asked. Xiumin nodded.

Kris stepped aside as Luhan knelt down between them. He held the two kids on both his sides.

“Aren’t they cute?” Xiumin asked smiling at the three.

“Wait up!” Chanyeol and Chen exclaimed.

“THEY LOOK LIKE YOU HYUNG!”

Luhan raised a brow and turned at Andy who looked back at him too.

“I would really mistake them as your kids. Andy looks like little Luhan and you have some resemblance with Janine. But Janine looks more like Joo In,” Baekhyun commented.

“Ne, Janine looks more like Joo In,” Sehun added.

“NO!” came Janine’s loud protest, “Mom said we only look like our father,” she added frowning at Luhan.

“But what if he is your father?” Xiumin asked again, smiling at Janine.

“That will not happen! Our Daddy is Chinese,” Andy replied instead.

“But Luhan is Chinese,” Chen smiled at the two.

“But Mom said Daddy works in a big, big building,” Janine replied.

“And Luhan works in a big, big building too,” Chanyeol said.

Janine was at loss for words. Andy looked at Luhan and hugged him, “Appa!” he exclaimed.

Luhan was taken aback, “What are you concluding?” he looked at them unsure of whether to hug back or not.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun giggled as the others smiled.

“NO!” Janine pulled Andy away from Luhan, “You are not our father,” she added and pulled Kris and Andy to the door.

Andy tried to free himself but Janine pushed him out, same with Kris and closed the door.

 

When the three are out of sight, Luhan retires to the couch.

“Hyung, you have a blind date tonight. Better make sure you appear, you know how much it costs us to set things up,” Suho reminded him.

Ever since Joo In left, they had been setting Luhan on various blind dates. Unfortunately, he didn’t appear on any of it. He has various excuses thus creating small trouble on the boys’ part.

“I am not going,” he replied covering his face with a towel.

“Yes you are. You must not fail us this time,” Xiumin said.

“Who told you to set me up on blind dates? I would not come especially on this day,” he said picking up his bag leaving the practice room.

 

They stood there, speechless. He hasn’t behaved like this since they set them up on those dates.

“What’s with today?” Suho asked the others.

They shrugged their shoulders looking at each other.

“Today is supposed to be their fifth wedding anniversary,” Xiumin replied.

“You mean he hasn’t moved on up to now? For how long will he wait?” –Kai

“He hasn’t heard anything about her since she left. What if she remarries?” – Lay

“They are not yet officially divorced, how can she remarry?” –Kyungsoo

They exchanged looks, at loss for words about Luhan’s situation.

Things changed after five years but something about Luhan’s feelings for Joo In seems to have not yet changed.

Somehow, it scares the boys.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

“So where is your Diane Unnie’s office?” Kris asked he walks with the twins.

“We are near already!” Janine smiled at him and then they stopped in front of a door with a sign board that reads: “Photography Room”

Kris reached up to knock but Janine stopped him, “No, Unnie will get mad. We will just go inside, thank you!” Janine bowed same with Andy. Kris smiled back and watched Janine open up the door and allowed Andy to get inside first before her. Kris then left the room.

 

Once inside, they rushed to meet their mother who probably just finished another photo shoot.

“MOMMY!” they greeted their mother in chorus and ran to hug her.

“Where have you been?” their mother asked hugging them back.

“Andy went downstairs again to watch the tall boys dance. He even cried,” Janine looked at their mother.

“You cried? Why?” their mother asked again.

Just as Andy was to answer, another woman came inside, “Jane, your manager wants to talk to you,” the woman said.

“AUNT DIANE!” the two kids greeted the woman.

Another man enters the room together with Diane, “Jane my dear, how was the photo shoot? Oh! The twins are here! Hello Andy, hello Janine,” the man greeted them, who was ‘Jane’s’ manager.

“Hello Mister Cha!” the twins greeted him.

“No, no, no! It is not Mister Cha but Lady Cha, okay?” he smiled at the twins.

The twins smiled and proceeds on to their Aunt Diane while their mother talked with her manager.

“Joo In, “he started.

“It’s Jane,” she reminded Mister Cha.

“Oh yes, Jane. Well, regarding that matter, I have received some guestings, photo covers and other photography sessions for you. I might probably accept all so probably, the upcoming moths will be a bit heavy,” Mister Cha looked at her.

“Photo cover?” Joo In arched a brow.

“Yes! You are widely known as the most successful single mom photographer so some magazines are looking forward to work with you, especially those apparel thing magazines with your kids,” Mr. Cha smiled.

“I see,” she nodded. “Can I get off earlier today? I need time for my kids,” she looked at her twins.

“Sure! You’ve done all your appointed works so you are free to leave. I will just call you whenever there are changes okay?” Mr. Cha smiled.

“Thank you,” she smiled as she picks up her bag and calls on her twins. They bade goodbye on the two before they left the room.

Yes, Joo In came back and worked under entertainment with Luhan but she applied as ‘Jane’, just as how she became known abroad for her photography skills. She had cut down her hair, just below her earlobe. She had been offered many times to cover the photo shoot of the boys and other boy groups but she always refused. She always goes for the female side.

She is very much aware that if she accepts those offers then she might be the boys’ photographer for their next album and she will meet Luhan and the cycle of questions will circulate again.

She is not yet prepared to face him, much more introduce the twins on him, but she promised that she will introduce to the twins their father on their 4th birthday.

“Mommy, is Uncle Drew gonna pick us up?” Andy looked up at his mother while they wait for the elevator to open.

“Yes, he is already waiting downstairs,” Joo In smiled down at her son.

 

When the lifts open, they ascend and got off on the ground floor. As Joo In was busy searching for her phone on her bag, quite occupied, Luhan walked past them almost bumping into her but somehow managed to dodge. When he had gone past them, Andy pointed at him, “Janine, it’s the hyung who knelt between us,” he exclaimed.

“Mommy, look! It’s the gege who hugged us!” Janine tugged at Joo In’s shirt.

Distracted, Joo In looked down at her twins, “Really? Where?” she looked at where they are pointing but Luhan had just a corner.

“He is gone already,” Andy sighed.

“Don’t worry, Mommy will soon meet him okay?” she smiled down at Andy.

When they finally got outside, Drew is already waiting with his car. He waved at the three, “Hey there!” he greeted them.

“UNCLE DREW!” the twins ran and welcomed their uncle in a hug.

He hugged back and smiled up at his cousin, “How did my lovely nephew and niece fare?” he asked.

“Uncle Drew, we had a drawing contest and I got five stars!” Janine exclaimed.

“How about you?” he looked at Andy.

“I got three stars,” Andy whispered.

“That’s good! Since you all got stars, I will treat you for bubble tea, how is that?” Drew smiled at the twin.

“YEHEY!” the twins cheered as they all got on the car.

 

After having a short trip to buy bubble tea and some snacks, they proceed on Joo In’s apartment.

The twins rushed inside after the door has been opened as Drew and Joo In simultaneously got inside.

“Are you staying for dinner?” she asked.

“Nope, not until Diane stops pestering me from her demands,” Drew sat on the couch at the living room.

“What’s wrong with Diane?” Joo In asked as she sits on the other chair.

“She had been texting me to buy her that expensive dress on the boutique at 13th Avenue.” –Drew

“Dress? For what?” –Joo In

“I don’t know.” –Drew

“Come on Drew, you can afford it. There’s nothing you can’t afford.” Joo In smiled at her cousin.

“Which side are you?” Drew looked at Joo In.

She gave a light laugh before she stood to get to the kitchen.

 

Drew had dinner with them, but Diane came later when he is already gone.

Diane has been with Joo In since she started her scholarship. They were both grantees and Diane helped her throughout her pregnancy and even tending to the twins. Joo In owes much to her that she won’t allow her to rent a separate apartment. Joo In shoulders all her expenses throughout their two years scholarship creating that sister-like bond between them.

“I’m home,” Diane greeted when she got inside.

“Tone down your voice, the twins is off to dreamland already,” Joo In replied at the living room.

She is busy over the photos from the recent photo shoot.

“Sorry,” she apologized sitting beside her, “Drew dropped by?” she asked.

“He had dinner but he didn’t stay long,” Joo In replied.

“So how was it now? There’s that big possibility that you will soon meet your kids’ father,” Diane sighed as he leans on the couch.

“It’s okay, we are not anymore married. We had been divorced,” she replied.

“Yeah, like you had seen the papers submitted officially at the City Hall for final confirmation,” Diane stated.

“Are you tired or something?” Joo In looked at her.

“Nope, but the fact that for five years, you haven’t removed that ring is something,” Diane replied.

Joo In sighed leaning on the couch.

“I can’t remove it for any reason at all,” Joo In said.

“You can’t remove it because as long as you see the twins, it keeps on reminding you that you had been married and that your children still need to personally get to know their father,” Diane leaned at Joo In’s shoulder.

“Maybe you are right,” she replied.

 

Later that night, she went inside the twin’s room. It was the largest room upstairs. The room was divided into two; the left side’s wall is covered with blue while the other side is with pink. Andy and Janine had separate beds on both sides. In between are two rocking chairs where two familiar panda bear sits.

She smiled seeing her twins sleeping peacefully. Janine already has her blankets tangled at her legs as she had been like that, unable to stay in place when she sleeps. She went over and made her blanket, covering her. Andy on the other hand, is sleeping on his side just as how he was tucked in by his mother. He barely changes his position when he is sleeping in contrast with his twin.

As she watches the twins sleeping, a silent tear fell from her eyes. “Mianhe Janine, mianhe Andy. Mommy has to be selfish,” she whispered.