Chapter Thirteen

With Them (Sequel to With Her)

It has been two days since winter started. The boys were stuck in the practice room, anticipating the twins again. It has been two days also since their last visit.

“I wonder where they are right now,” Chanyeol sighed as he looks at the bulletin board they had made where there are pictures of the twins.

“Yeah, it’s kind of lonesome without them around,” Baekhyun added.

“I already warned you Luhan that she might withdrew them from visiting here,” Suho looked at Luhan.

“But I didn’t confront her or anything. The twins don’t even know about it,” he defends.

“Then why are they not in here?” he asked.

Everyone exchanged looks. Xiumin suddenly excused himself.

 

When he was already outside, he dialed Joo In’s number. It was answered after the fourth ring.

“Hello? Joo In-na?” he asked.

A male voice answered, “Xiumin, it’s me Drew,” he replied.

“Where’s Joo In?” –Xiumin

“She’s not feeling well.” –Drew

“Where are the twins?” –Xiumin

“That’s the problem. Diane and the twins had been missing for two days already.” –Drew

Xiumin almost dropped his phone, “What? They are missing?” he exclaimed. He turned around to check the door but it was closed.

“What do you mean they are missing? How come?” he asked again, lowering his voice.

“That’s what I don’t understand. The last time they are with Diane was when they had the so-called costume party. But they even got there right?” Drew asked him.

“Yeah, Luhan even saw the necklace the twins are wearing,” Xiumin replied.

“The necklaces? The gold and the silver?” Drew asked in disbelief.

“Yes. I already informed Joo In about it and said that she will tell Luhan and the twins the truth which was supposed to be yesterday.”

“But the twins are missing, how can she face him if they are missing?” Drew sighed from the other line.

“Is she alright?” Xiumin asked with worry.

“No she is not. She had been out of her mind since the night they did not arrived. She haven’t eaten anything and just kept on locking herself inside the twins’ room,” Drew replied.

“I’ll drop by in there later,” he said and ended the call before the others get suspicious of him.

When he turned around, he was surprised to see Luhan standing behind him.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

While Xiumin was out on the call, Luhan was distracted when he didn’t come back after a while. As the others are busy on the choreography, he heard him yell which brought him to draw near the door and check on him. He heard him talk with someone on the phone which made him rooted to his place.

“What do you mean they are missing? How come?” he heard Xiumin ask. There was silence as Xiumin listens to the reply.

“Yeah, Luhan even saw the necklace the twins are wearing.” Xiumin said again.

There was silence again.

“Yes. I already informed Joo In about it and said that she will tell Luhan and the twins the truth which was supposed to be yesterday” he heard Xiumin reply again.

That was all he heard as he leans on the adjacent wall near the door. ‘Andy and Janine are missing?’ he thought.

After a while, he went out the door and closed it with him.

““I’ll drop by in there later,” he heard Xiumin said and ended the call. When Xiumin turned around, the shock was evident on his face.

 

“Do I need to know something?” Luhan asked Xiumin.

“Luhan, let me explain,” Xiumin tried to compose himself.

“So you know all along that she is Joo In? Why didn’t you told me about it earlier? How can you keep it from me for that long?” he asked over the startled Xiumin.

Xiumin was about to answer but Luhan had already punched him, sending him on the floor. The commotion brought the others outside to check on the two.

The others helped Xiumin up while the others tried to think of what has just happened between the two.

 

“I treated you much like a brother because all of you were all that I have, but how can you betray me through all this five years?” Luhan bellowed trying to control himself.

“I can’t just break my promise to her,” Xiumin replied wiping his bloodied lips.

“Promise? So you had been doing things behind my back?” Luhan scoffed at him.

The others just looked back between Xiumin and Luhan.

“She asked me to keep her pregnancy a secret before she left because she doesn’t want your years of training go into waste. She is scared that if your marriage might get leaked you will get kicked out of the group. You know how much she values your dream of seeing us get into the top. You just do not understand because all you want is her. Do you even understand what will happen if you get kicked out of the group? Do you know how will that damn selfishness of yours affect the group and even her conscience? Think on the other way around; don’t just sulk in your own wish to see her because you are not the only one who wants her back. She is already a younger sister to me, and damn it! Can that thing wait? The twin’s are missing and all you want is to know what I know. It can wait but not your kids who are missing!” Xiumin breathed, trying to calm himself.

 

The others just stood there with their mouth hanging open at all the words he had just said. Luhan was taken aback at his sudden outburst. For a while, no one said a word to break the silence. It was Kris who took the courage to break it.

“I’m sorry Luhan but Joo In also asked me to keep it for now. I only learned about it during the contract signing,” Kris said looking at the surprised Luhan.

“Wait up, did just Xiumin hyung said that the twins are missing?” Baekhyun said as the tension cleared off.

“Yeah, they are missing for two days already. I will drop by at their apartment to check on Joo In. She had been going out of her mind since the twins were gone,” Xiumin said looking at Luhan.

“Then expect all of us to come with you,” Suho said, “Especially Luhan,” he added.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

The door bell rang. Drew sprang on his feet and went over to open it. He was surprised to see the twelve boys at the doorstep. The snow had already filled the roads sending the chilling wind inside. He motioned them to come inside. They left their coats on the coat hanger and puts on the spare slippers on the floor before proceeding to the living room.

“How come they are with you?” Drew asked Xiumin.

“They already know about it. I was caught red handed by Luhan when I was calling you,” he replied taking a seat on the couch.

The rest tried to find a comfortable place to sit on. When they are all settled, Drew narrated what he think happened, leaving no secrets as much as possible.

 

“Joo In called Diane two days ago to get home earlier with the twins so they can change their clothes. That was around 5 in the afternoon. She was not able to go with them because of the new project she is handling. Around seven, she arrived in here but the house was empty. She tried to call Diane but she won’t pick up so she called me. I was also shocked to know that Diane hasn’t got home. I went over to help her look for them, but on our way, an anonymous number called her. That’s when we learned that the twins were not actually missing but kidnapped,” he narrated.

“But why did you tell me that they are missing?” Xiumin asked.

“Because they are literally missing. And the word kidnapped is something I don’t like to use. We already know that someone is holding them but they didn’t left any information regarding the where about so they are practically missing,” he explained.

 

“Where’s Joo In-na?” Luhan asked all of the sudden.

Everyone turned to look at him. “She’s upstairs. The purple door on the right,” Drew replied.

He stood up but Xiumin stopped him, “I’ll come with you. The rest can stay,” he said. Together they went upstairs as if nothing happened a few hours ago.

“What’s with them?” Drew asked the others left behind.

They just shrugged their shoulders, “A long story,” Suho sighed.

 

When the two got upstairs, Xiumin was the first to knock on the door. No one replied so he slowly turned the knob. “I’ll leave the door open. Let me talk to her first,” he said over Luhan who nodded back.

Xiumin opened the door wide enough. He saw Joo In sitting beside the window, hugging one of the panda bears looking outside the window.

He slowly moved and placed a hand on her shoulder. She slowly turned around to look up at Xiumin. Tears started to fall from her weary eyes as she stood up to hug him.

“Oppa, I can’t find Andy and Janine! I can’t find my children. Oppa, I can’t live without them, I don’t want to lose them, they are all that I have,” she sobbed as Xiumin rubs her back to comfort her.

“I know and we all want the same thing. But you promised to tell him the truth right?” he asked.

“But how can I tell him when Andy and Janine is missing? He will hate me! He will not forgive me and I can’t take that! I don’t know what to do anymore,” she sobbed again.

“That’s why he is here so you can talk to him,” Xiumin parted. He turned around and there is Luhan standing at the doorway looking at her.

“Mianhe Joo In-na. I tried to keep it until you finally tell them but I guess fate had already intervened,” then he left the two, closing the door with him.

 

Joo In looked at Luhan, tears falling from her eyes.

“Joo In-na, waeyo?” Luhan asked as he slowly moved to get closer to her.

She bowed her head and covered her face.

“Mianhe Oppa. I was so selfish, I kept them away from you,” she sobbed.

“But why? I would have accepted your reason that you will leave for the scholarship, but why didn’t you tell me all about them?” he asked again. Tears already fell from his eyes as he looks at her.

“I don’t want to ruin your career, I -…” she was at loss for words as she tries to avoid his eyes when she looked up.

She stopped and cried, breaking down to her knees, crying her heart out.

 

The longing and the love he feels started to consume his heart. He finally succumbs to the intense desire to hug her and reached to pull her up in a hug. For a while, her sobs echoed inside the room.

“Oppa, Andy and Janine is missing, I can’t find them. What would I do? Oppa, I want them back, I want to have them back,” she sobbed in his arms.

With tears on his face, he held her face, wiping her tears, “Yes, we will look for them, we will find them. We will complete our family,” he said. Joo in looked up at him and wiped his tears too before she hugged him again.

“Mianhe oppa, mianhe. I promise I will never leave you, we will never leave you again,” she said tightening the hug.

Luhan hugged back, savoring the moment of having her in his arms. The feeling of finally holding her after five long years. He didn’t part not until he felt her lean on his shoulder. When he parted, she held his face, looking at him with all emotions. She traced his features which she had been missing for the past five years.

 

She was caught off guard when he kissed her. The intense longing and desire filled both of them.  It was a long kiss that when they parted, both are trying to catch their breath and flushed at the same time. He held her face once again and left a lingering kiss on her lips before he hugged her again.

“You look so tired, you must at least take some rest,” he said.

“I can’t, not until I get to hug my them” she replied.

He parted, “You will take some rest today, no more buts,” he said.

“But,” he placed his forefinger on her lips to silence her.

“I will be here beside you,” he smiled at her.

She smiled back as he led her on Andy’s bed. He tucked her under the sheets and held her hands as he sits beside her on the bed. He caressed her face as she closed her eyes.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

It’s been past two hours since Luhan went up. The others are already uneasy.

“Should we go and check them?” Suho suggested.

The rest agreed but only Suho and Kris went up to check on the two.

 

“So you said that it has something to do with business that’s why the twins are kidnapped?” Lay asked.

“Yeah. I am 100% sure that the one behind this is Luke,” Drew replied.

“Luke? Who is he?” –Tao

“He is one of the producers whom Kris and Joo In met for the magazine.” –Drew

“Ah! I remember Kris telling me about this guy who looks at Joo In in a different way.” –Kyungsoo

“You mean the one named Soo Han Jin?” –Baekhyun

“Yes, my business rival and Joo In’s ex boyfriend.” –Drew

“Ex-boyfriend?” –others

“Before she went back in here to meet Luhan, she had a relationship with Luke. He was actually a nice guy but turns out that he is willing to trade Joo In with money and power that’s why her parents decided to bring her back here in Korea. She was supposed to be introduced to Luhan later, probably when she reached twenty five, but that accident made them rush things up.” –Drew

“Why is he plotting on Joo In and the twins when you are his rival?” –Chen

“It was supposed to be only me, but when Joo In finally reveals her real name in one of the interview she had, that’s when he learned that she is really Joo In. He had been on the lookout ever since he received the news that she had been married. He wants her back, but I opposed it.” –Drew

“Why did you allow her to return here in Korea?” Xiumin

“He traced us in Europe posing a threat to the twins that’s why I sent her resume without her knowledge.” –Drew

“What exactly does he want?” –Sehun

“He wants to have Joo In back. I don’t want him to have her back. I can already imagine the torture and pain my cousin will experience when he happen to have her back. He is an obsessed freak.” –Drew

“Then he also plans something bad towards the twins?”-Kai

“As much as possible, he wants to get rid of something that goes against his wish. He will kill if he has to.” –Drew

“He is really scary. But if you don’t mind, what kind of business do you handle?” –Chanyeol

“He is a mafia lord,” Xiumin replied.

 

All of them turned to look at Drew. With a sigh, he nodded confirming their reaction.

“You mean you own a certain share in the black market? Like those in the movies?” Kai asked in fascination.
“Maybe yes, maybe no,” he replied with a smile.

Just then the two went down. “So what happened in there?” Sehun asked.

“She is sleeping already,” Kris replied.

“Where’s hyung?” Kai asked.

“I think he will be down later,” Suho replied.

“What do you mean later?” Chen asked.

“Well, he is basically there beside his wife, watching her sleep so how would you think he will leave?”-Suho

The rest gave nodded their head in complete understanding.