Chapter Seven

With Them (Sequel to With Her)

Joo In had just dropped off the twins at school and is heading to work already when her phone rang. She plugged her headset and received the call.

“Hello?” she answered. It was her manager.

“Are you on your way?”

“Yes, is there some problem?” she asked.

“Just hurry up. We will have a meeting with the head of the magazine you will be involved to with your twins.”

“Oh, ok. I’ll be there in a few minutes. The roads clear so there will be no traffic,” she replied.

“Call me when you are already on your way up.”

Her manager didn’t wait for her reply and turned off the call.

 

After a few minutes, she is already on queue to the elevator. She called her manager who instructed her to proceed to the eighth floor.

When she arrived on the floor, she took the very first door on her left. Her manager is already there talking to a middle aged man.

“Oh, here comes Jane!” Mr. Cha stood and gestured over her. She bowed her head.

“Have a seat,” the man said.

They room looks deserted with the small round table and the three chairs only.

“So you are Jane,” the man who presented himself as Mr. Jung.

She smiled and gave a nod.

“I would really mistake you as a young actress or someone single. You don’t look like a single mother,” Mr. Jung smiled.

“Is that a compliment?” she grinned.

“If you say so, Miss Han,” he paused “Well, with regards with the photo shoot that will involve you and your twins, we had first agreed not to include a father figure. But then, since the situation seems awkward, we agreed to give you the preliminary list of the possible candidates. I believe you had met the manger of two of them,” he looked at her.

She nodded back.

“I made the final lists just days ago. I want to inform you but then you are so busy. We had already reached the top two candidates. So I came here personally so you can choose from them,” he said. He pulled a folder from his bag and handed it to her.

She flipped the cover and was caught off guard when she saw the first picture. Same when she saw the second picture.

“But, sir, why narrow it down to them?” she looked up at Mr. Jung.

“Because they are the best candidate. I came personally so you can choose whom do you think you will be comfortable to work with,” Mr. Jung smiled.

“Kris and Luhan are the best candidate, but I suggest you take Luhan,” Mr. Cha, her manager said.

She whipped her head to give her manager a look.

“He looks like the twins especially Andy. And I am so sure that the two of you will look so good together,” Mr. Cha smiled.

“Yes, Luhan can be the father figure for the photo shoot,” Mr. Jung agreed.

Then the two discussed certain details regarding the upcoming shoot.

 

“But I think Kris would suit the role better,” she objected. The two stopped discussing and looked at Joo In.

“Luhan may look like the twins but his face is not the kind you would think would fit for the father figure. Kris, on the other hand, has that certain charisma that can make him look like a father. The working type of father, you know, who works in the office that wears suit and brigs attaché case,” she explained.

“You do have a point,” Mr. Jung nodded.

“But we have to think of the chemistry and the resemblance. Kris doesn’t look like any of the twin,” Mr. Cha reasoned out.

Mr. Jung nodded at him, getting his thought about Luhan.

“But they might mistake us as siblings not as a family. Although we are endorsing for a family clothing line, the fact that all four of us share some resemblances, people might really mistake us as siblings and that the twins were our younger sister and brother,” she counters back.

But Mr. Cha won’t let her go with it. He insists on Luhan while Joo In insists on Kris.

It’s not that Joo In doesn’t like the idea of taking the concept of a family with Luhan but she is not that well prepared to face him. She is afraid that she might get caught and the boys might finally recognize her or Mr. Cha might get a slip of tongue and call her Joo In instead of Jane.

All the ifs flooded her mind.

 

“I Think I will agree on Jane’s proposition. Kris is the best candidate. Luhan looks more feminine and does not suit the father figure. So it’s all fixed, it will be Kris. I will just finalize the list of the producers so we can settle a formal meeting for the signing of the contracts. I will inform you sooner about the producers who will be willing to do the photo shoot with me. So it’s all agreed, it will be Kris,” Mr. Jung stood and shook her hand. Mr. Cha was left with no choice but to agree.

Together, they led the way for Mr. Jung and watched him leave.

When the car’s already out of sight, Mr. Cha faced her.

“Why do you insist on having Kris?” he asked, crossing his arms.

“I had told you the reason. Luhan don’t fit the father figure,” she reasoned out.

“We will talk to their manager now,” Mr. Cha pulled her to the elevator again.

 

The Exo’s manager is seated on a table on one of the offices, checking the boy’s schedule. He was surprised by Mr. Cha and Joo In’s visit.

“What brought my good friend in here?” he stood and welcomed them.

“We are here to finally inform you about Jane’s partner for the shoot which is one of your talents,” Mr. Cha smiled.

“Really? Is it Luhan?” their manager asked.

‘Why does everyone wants it to be Luhan?’ she thought rolling her eyes.

“I already tried my luck in telling her to choose Luhan but she has her own defense,” Mr. Cha stated.

“But your son, Andy looks like Luhan and Janine, your daughter, has resemblance with Luhan, so he is the best candidate,” the Exo’s manager looked at her.

“Yes, I am aware of that. But he looks more feminine than me. The readers might mistake us as siblings and my kids as our younger brother and sister,” Joo In tried to reason out.

He looked at her, “You look like someone I know,” he said with that knowing smile.

Joo In tried to hide her surprise with a smile, “Really? Many had told me that.”

 

Mr. Cha and the Exo’s manager talked about the photo shoot. They had to agree on Joo In’s choice since she will be the one working with him not them.

Joo In had to stay to hear the plans of the two. When they are done, she proceeds to her table to fix some photos she will submit for the magazine.

Time soon passed that it’s time to pick up the twins. She grabbed her stuffs but as she was about to leave, the door opens and there stood Diane and the twins.

“Mommy!” they greeted her in chorus and hugged her.

“You picked them up? I was to fetch them,” she looked up at Diane as she knelt down to hug her kids.

“I got used to it, and you know how much I love these two,” she said patting the heads of the twins.

“Mommy we will go down to Luhan Appa and Kris Appa,” Andy said when he parted.

“But let me tell you something first,” she looked at the twins.

“Days from now, we will meet some people for the photo shoot. Remember when I told you that Aunt Diane will take pictures of us?” she stated.

“Yes,” Janine replied.

“Well, that will soon happen days from now, aren’t you excited?” she asked the twins.

The two exchanged looks and started to jump up and down.

When they had finally rejoiced, they soon left to get to the boys’ practice room.

 

“What was that?” Diane asked when the door was closed.

“We had finally picked the candidate for the father figure for the photo shoot,” Joo In replied.

“Is it Luhan?” she asked expectantly.

“Why does everyone keeps on thinking that I chose Luhan?” she sighed.

“Because he looks like Andy and that he resembles Janine in some ways,” Diane replied.

“Whatever! It’s Kris,” Joo In said and works on some papers again.

“KRIS??” Diane exclaimed.

Joo In gave a nod, “And it is already fixed.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

The twins were so eager when Chen opened the door. They all rushed to Kyungsoo who was seated on the couch because the others were working on the steps.

“Appa! Kyungsoo Appa!” Andy looked up at Kyungsoo.

“What is it? You two seems hyper today,” he looked at the two.

“Mommy said Aunt Diane will soon take picture of us! Mommy, me and Andy!” Janine exclaimed then they jumped up and down with glee.

“You mean you will be with your mother for a photo shoot?” he asked confused of the little girl’s sentence.

The two gave a nod before they ran up to the practicing group. There, they started to ramble about the photo shoot with their mother. The others were shocked since Andy is talking in Korean while Janine is on Chinese. Their words were so confusing making the boys stop and figure out what he two is trying to say.

 

“Wait up, slow down. What are you talking about?” Baekhyun asked.

He can barely keep up with the twins.

“They are excited about their photo shoot with their mother,” Kyungsoo explained.

“You have been standing there watching us getting confused and didn’t even bothered to tell us what they are rambling about?” Tao gave him a look.

“It’s fun watching you all frown with confusion,” he chuckled.

“Mean,” Tao whispered.

 

Suddenly, their manager got inside holding some papers. He was startled to see the twins.

“Andy and Janine?” he asked the boys.

“How did you know?” Kris asked.

“Oh, because they will be doing a photo shoot with their mother. Remember the single mother photographer I told you?” he replied.

“So her partner had been chosen? Who is it?” Luhan looked at their manager expectantly.

“You mean these two were that lady’s kids?” Suho asked, bewildered.

“Yes, she is their mother,” their manager replied.

“Andy, your mother is beautiful!” Chen said patting the boy’s head.

“Ne, Mommy Jane is beautiful,” Andy replied, smiling at him.

“Jane is her name?” Chanyeol asked.

“Yes, she is Jane,” their manager replied.

“Wait up, I asked who is her partner,” Luhan looked at their manager again.

“Everybody chose you since you look like Andy and that you share resemblance with Janine,” their manager replied.

“So I am her partner?” he looked expectantly at him.

“It’s Kris,” came his reply.

 

Everyone looked at Kris. “Me?” he pointed to himself.

“Yes, it’s you. No matter how much we convince her to choose Luhan; she will always have her argument. Plus you really look more feminine than her,” their manager replied.

“Kris Appa will be with us?” Andy tugged at their manager’s shirt.

He knelt down to look at the little boy, “Ne, it will be Kris who will be with you,” he said.

“But I want Luhan Appa,” he whispered.

“But your Mommy wants Kris,” their manager patted his head, “Don’t worry, your Luhan Appa will be there and all your Appas.”

Andy blinked and looked at Luhan, “Luhan Appa, you will watch us?” he asked.

Everyone looked at him. Left with no choice, “Ne, I will be there to watch you,” he replied.