Chapter sixty-eight

EXO's Dream Girl

Jimin smirked to himself as he heard the rage from Kai's voice, almost laughing when Tao tried to calm him down. 

"I don't care want to hear what you have to say, so I will make this very clear. Stay away from Ji Son and Seol or I will personally end your life." 

He smirked. "Ha! Is that a threat?" 

He heard Kai breathe heavily on the other line. "No, it's a fact." Hearing that Kai had hung up, Jimin took his time putting down his phone. He was thinking.... thinking....

"Sir." 

Looking in front of him, a man in a dark suit approached. 

"Sir."

"Speak." 

"Everything's been paid for the upcoming event. Do we have to okay to proceed as planned?" Jimin looked down at his phone screen. Turning it on, he smiled as it shown a picture of Ji Son. Caressing the photo with his thumb he then looked back up to him. 

"Go ahead. Make sure there are no mistakes... this has to be perfect." 

As he began to laugh, the man bowed. "Yes sir." 

"Soon..." Jimin chuckled, "very soon..." 


"Unnie, I'm bored." Seol blankly stated as she looked up at her ceiling. Ji Son closed her book and turned back to her. "So I'm not the only one." She said sarcastically. 

"Do you think Ms. Kim has ice cream downstairs in the fridge?" Seol looked at her with wide eyes. "Ice cream? In this weather?" Ji Son smiled as she hopped off her chair grabbing Seol's hand in the process. "Mhm. Ice cream in this type of winter weather is the best. Besides, I don't think we're in the right minds to say we're normal~" Seol laughed in agreement as they headed towards the door. 

"Uhmmm... excuse me." The guards made way for the two of them to pass through. "Ajasshi's, I don't think it's a good idea to go downstairs." One of the guards spoke. Seol looked at Ji Son as she gave a loud sigh. "Relax. We'll be back. Besides, Ms. Kim will be with us in the kitchen if you want to say anything else." With that said, Ji Son dragged Seol with her, descending down the stairs and into the kitchen. 

'Ms. Kim!" Ji Son smiled as she saw just the woman she was looking for. "Oh! Ajasshi's, I don't think it's a good---" 

"Ms. Kim." 

"Yes, Ji Son ajasshi."

"We just heard this speech from the guards upstairs, we're only be here for a second. I want to show Seol something umma used to do when I was little." 

A smile crept onto Ms. Kim's face as she looked at Seol. "Very well. But I am staying here to keep an eye on you two." 

"Yeah, yeah. Do we have any ice cream? Seol-ah, just take a seat somewhere and let me do the magic." Ji Son turned to smiled at Seol and she took a seat, watching her look through the fridge and cabinets. 

Slowly, the counter in front of Seol began to pile up with sweets. "Exactly what did you and your mother do when you were little?" She said as she watched the pile grow bigger and higher. 

"I think that's about it." Ji Son turned to Seol as she leaned on the counter top with her hands. "We are going to make the 'Everything that makes you happy' sweet meal~" 

"Everything that makes you... happy sweet meal?" Seol tipped her head as Ji Son only kept her smile. "When I was younger, there would be a lot of times were I had nothing to do since I was and only child surrounded by people who were always too busy to play with me. Ms. Kim and the other staff members tried to play with me as often as they could, but they had chores to do as well." 

"We did our very best ajasshi, and you turned out very well." Ms Kim joked as she wiped her hands on a wash cloth, sitting next to Seol to hear what else Ji Son had to say. Laughing, Ji Son continued. 

"So one day, umma came home earlier than she would always do....

-FLASHBACK-

"Umma! Umma!" Little Ji Son ran up into her mother's arms as she hugged her as tightly as she could. "Umma, you're home early..." Ji Son let go and stared into her mother's eyes. "Why? You don't want your umma here with you?" Ji Son's eyes widened as she vigorously shook her head. "Aniyo! I really really really like that you're here umma, seriously." 

Chuckling, she put her bag down and took her coat off. "Did you have a nice day at work today umma?" Ji Son asked as she hooked her arm around her mothers as they walked into the kitchen. "Mhm, umma had a nice day at work. Umma worked very hard so that I could come home to see you Ji Sonnie~" 

Ji Son smiled as she sat on a chair facing her mother. "How about you? Did my baby have a nice day?" Ji Son's facial expression immediately faltered as she tried to maintain her smile. "It... it was great umma... as they always are." 

"Oh-hoy! Ji Son-ah."

"Hmm?"

"Didn't umma and appa teach you not to lie to us?" Ji Son's eyes widened as she looked at her mother. "How'd... how'd you..." 

She smiled as she took Ji Son into another hug. "Remember that the people who love you the most in this world will always know if there is something wrong with you because you are the person holding their hearts to make them feel what you feel, arasso?" 

​"Arasso umma~ I'm sorry."  

"It's okay. So, what secrets are you hiding from me, hmm?" 

"I'm lonely umma." 

Loosening her grip on her daughter, she looked at Ji Son. "Umma... you and appa are always working and when you come home I barely play with you because you're tired. Ms. Kim and the other staff members try to play with me but they have to work too. I'm lonely." 

Sighing, she hugged Ji Son tighter. "I'm sorry Ji Son-ah. I'm very sorry." Ji Son began to hear sniffles as she turned to hug her mother back. "Umma why are you crying?"  Letting go of her, she wiped her tears. "Aniyah, it's nothing Ji Son-ah." 

"Umma." 

"Hmm?"

"Remember that the people who love you the most in this world will always know if there is something wrong with you because you are the person holding their hearts to make them feel what you feel." She gave a small smile towards her daughter. "Aigoo, my Ji Son sure knows how to listen to umma... Umma is just a little bit sad that she can't be here to play with you, that you're lonely." 

Ji Son smiled. "Right now I'm not lonely umma~" She smiled as she nodded her head. "Mhm, you're not lonely." 

"Because I'm with umma, and you're with Ji Son." 

"Ji Son-ah." 

"Nae umma." 

"Do you want to make something with me?" 

"Yes!" 

Smiling, Ji Son hopped off the chair as her mother crouched down. "Okay, we will need everything sweet in this kitchen. Candy, cookies, ice cream, everything! Arasso?"

"Nae Umma!" 

​"Okay! When you find them, put them here until we have everything sweet. Ready?"

"Ready!" 

"GO!" 

The two of them separated, looking in every nook and cranny in the kitchen for anything sweet. Their pile had began to get bigger and bigger until they couldn't find anything else. "Umma, that's a lot of sweets." Ji Son looked at her mother as she only had sparkling eyes looking at the pile. Lifting Ji Son next to the pile she leaned her hands on the counter and smiled. "Now, we are going to make the 'everything that makes you happy' sweet meal" 

"Everything that makes you... happy sweet meal? Umma, what's that?" Ji Son's mother only smiled. We are going to use these sweets you love so much and make them so they would be a sweet mock traditional meal. It'll be like the biggest dessert for anyone." 

"Whoa! Umma, can we do that?" 

"Mhm. Let's get started." 

*

"All done!" Ji Son stepped back as her mother put the finishing touches. "Whoa..." The two said in unison as the looked over at what they did.

Candied fish, ice cream and chocolate stew, sweet and sour candy noodles, fruit roll-up kimchi, and so much more. "Umma, can we eat all of this?" 

"Of course we can! This is the 'everything that makes you happy' sweet meal. This, Ji Son-ah is going to make you happy, right?" 

"Right umma!"

"Okay, okay, let's try it." 

Slowly, the two began to eat their creations, enjoying everything with the company of each other.

"Whoa, that was sooooo good!" Ji Son exclaimed as she handed the last of the empty dishes to her mother. "Mhm, wasn't it sweet?" "Mhm, umma. Very sweet." 

"Now Ji Son-ah, come here." Patting her lap, Ji Son ran to her mother as they both sat down in each other's embrace. "Are you happy now?" Ji Son nodded as nuzzled her head on her mother's shoulder. "Now, whenever you're lonely, or if you want to make someone happy, you know what to do know right?"  She nodded. "May I know what is it Ji Son-ah?"

Ji Son giggled. "If I'm lonely, or if I want to make someone happy, I will make the 'everything that makes you happy sweet dish~" 

"That's my girl."

-FLASHBACK END-


"Unnie..." Seol smiled as she took her sister's hand into hers. 

"Whoa, I talked a lot right?" Ji Son smiled as she wiped her eyes clear before any tears fell. "Okay, let's get started hmm?" Seol nodded as she hopped off the chair, following every instruction Ji Son gave her. 

"Unnie, can we eat all of this?" Seol stated as she continued to stir the melting chocolate into the whipped cream. Ji Son looked over as she took a quick bite for herself then fed Seol one. "Of course we can. If a 6-year old at the time could eat it with her mother, two grown sisters can eat it. Right Ms. Kim?" The two looked over at her and smiled. "Of course, both you girls have bigger appetites than your boyfriends, a foolish question to ask an old lady like me, no?" 

Seol chuckled as she kept stirred, avoiding Ji Son's 'I-told-you-so' smirk. "Arasso, arasso. We can definitely eat this."

*

"All done!" Ji Son rubbed her hands together as she looked over the table. Everything she and her mother had made for the first time are now in front of her. Of course, she made this meal many times, but it was never as much because she was always alone. But now, Seol was with her and she could share what her mother had taught her.

"Okay, okay, let's see if it's as good as you claim it to be unnie~" Seol grabbed onto her spoon and tasted the ice cream chocolate stew she watched Ji Son make. Her eyes brightened. "Whoa!" She looked at Ji Son. "Your mother wasn't kidding when she named it a sweet meal, but it's really good unnie! Come on, eat~" Seol continued to eat as Ji Son smiled.

"Remember that the people who love you the most in this world will always know if there is something wrong with you because you are the person holding their hearts, making them feel what you feel."  

"Umma, you're so right." Ji Son whispered to herself as she grabbed onto her spoon and began to eat with Seol.