Chapter twenty-two

EXO's Dream Girl

Seol's POV

After hugging Bora goodbye, I leapt off the car with my things and walked towards to front steps of home. I smiled as I could smell umma's cooking. I carefully went in and quietly slipped off my shoes. I crept behind umma slowly, who was in the kitchen washing vegatables. "UMMA!!!" Before she could turn around and react, I back-hugged her causing her to hold one of my arms and her chest. "Omo, Seol-ah, you almost gave me a heart attack." I loosened my grip as she turned to me. "Why are you home so early? I thought you'd be back in the afternoon." I frowned at her comment. "Why? Umma, don't you want me with you? It's Christmas." I pouted as she smiled. "It's not like that Seol-ah. It's just that I have company---" "Is everything alright in there---" Out from the dining room came in a unknown man, looking just as surprised as I was. 

I looked at umma and then the man. "Umma..." She sighed. I was going to tell you later, but I didn't expect that you'd be here so soon." Umma turned to me. "Seol-ah, this is Mr. Hwang... my boss." I turned to the man who was giving me a warm smile. I bowed at him. "Oh, hello, I am Baek Seol. Nice to meet you." Mr. Hwang bowed back. "Ah, yes. Your mother has talked about you. It's finally nice to meet you." I smiled at the man's politeness. 

Umma told me to start unpacking and to get ready for lunch. I nodded and bowed once more at Mr. Hwang before going into my room. I came out a few minuted later in comfy clothing to see that lunch was ready. I headed for the kitchen, grabbed the foods and dishes and bagan to set the table. Once set, umma and Mr. Hwang came and sat down. 

We had started eating and  umma eyed me to be polite. I followed. "So, Mr. Hwang, how come you're not with your family celebrating Christmas?" He looked up and smiled. "Well, Seol-sshi, I am a widow and my only daughter is in Hawaii for the Christmas break." I coughed on my food. "Oh... I'm sorry for asking that." "It's alright Seol-sshi." I smiled at him before going back to eating. After eating, I helped umma clean up. Mr. Hwang was getting ready to leave . I nudged to to take care of her guest, saying that I got the dishes. She smiled at me before exiting the kitchen.

Hearing their goodbyes and the front door/screen closing, it must've meant that Mr. Hwang had left. Umma came back a few minutes later helping out washing the dishes. "Mr. Hwang seems like a nice man umma." She looked up from the dishes and smiled. "You really think so?" I nodded. "Yes. But it's sad that her doesn't have anyone to celebrate Christmas with." "That's why I had invited him to celebrate a few moments of Christmas with us... which reminds me, he got you something." 

We finished the dishes and headed to the living room. "Umma, he shouldn't have. I didn't even get him anything." She chuckled. "I know, but Mr. Hwang insisted on buying you something." She handed me a small bag. I sighed and began to open it. I was shocked by what I had found.

A necklace. It was completely beautiful, but it looked like it had cost a fortune.

coro-white-glass-flower-necklace.jpg

"Umma..." I looked at her with complete shock with a hint of happiness. "This is so beautiful, and expensive." She only laughed at my statement. "Well, do you like it at least?" I nodded. "Mr. Hwang really didn't have to do this, and I told him that, but after telling him about you, he couldn't help but buy something for you." 

"Umma, really?" This time she nodded and hugged me. I hugged her back. I got up was went to try on my necklace. It looked absolutely stunning. I then looked at the wall clock and frowned. It was the afternoon... this was the time when umma and I would visit appa. I kept the necklace on as I dressed in black clothing and tied my hair into a neat ponytail. I left my room when umma saw me. She frowned.

Umma slowly stood up and put a hand on my shoulder and left into her bedroom to get changed as well. I put on my coat to buy flowers before we leave.  Umma was ready by the time I came home, holding my guitar case and together we walked to appa's grave sight.

There weren't a lot of people here, so it was pretty quiet. Umma and I finally reached appa. As usual, we did the routine of offerings and peace. I placed the flowers on the tombstone and kneeled down once more, umma following me after that. 

"Hello appa, did you miss us?" I sighed. "I'm sorry that umma and I weren't able to visit often.... and I'm sorry that I broke our guitar, but it;s fixed now."  I looked at umma who was smiled softly. I gave her a pat on her hand, so she could speak to appa.

"Honey, it's Christmas and we're spending with you again, nothing will change that. Seol and I really miss you dear, but you're in a better place now, watching over us..." I looked at umma; a tear left her eye. I hugged her. We both calmed down and pulled my guitar case closer to me as I took it out. I smiled. "See, appa? It's all fixed now... thanks to a really great friend." Slowly, I began to play our song again. 

We spent most of the afternoon her at the burial sight, not caring about the cold weather. It was around 2:00 when we left, and it was about 7:45 when we came home. With our bodies tired and with umma having work tomorrow, we quickly ate dinner and went into our rooms. 

I just finished taking a shower and heard my phone ringing. It was Bora. 

"Hello?"

"Oh, Seol-ah, you're there. Yah, me and the guys were planning to go out again. If it isn't to much trouble, would you want to come with us?"

I hesistated to answer, considering that I just came home. "Ummm, I don't really know, I just came home from visiting appa."

I heard a few moments of silence before hearing Bora's voice again.

"Oh, I'm sorry Seol. Maybe next time then."

I sighed. "I'm sorry Bora. Just tell the oppa's that I'm sorry and that I said hey." 

I heard her chuckle. "Okay. Say hello for your mom for me." 

We said our goodbyes as I began to dry my hair. Once again I heard my phone ringing. Without hesitating, I took it and began to speak. "Bora, why are you calling again?" 

"Well, I'm sorry if you were expecting someone else."

I froze. That wasn't Bora. "Hoseok oppa?"

I heard chuckling on the other line. "Yeah." 

I face-palmed myself. "Oh... oppa, I'm sorry about that."

"It's fine Seol-ah. Hey, do you want to hang out?" 

"Oppa, I would love to but, I just came home from---" I stopped mid way. I never actually told oppa that appa died. 

Whilst in my thought, Hoseok oppa began to speak again. "Seollie, you still there?" 

I shook my head before answering. "Oh, yeah oppa."

"So, how about me coming over, just like old times?" 

"Uh... uh oppa, I..I---"

"Too Late!" I jumped out of my bed and onto the floor when oppa came our from my window. His smile immediately faded when her found me on the floor lying down from shock. 

"Seollie, are you okay?" I just nodded, not being able to comprehend what he was saying. Oppa got me onto my bed... that was when umma came in.

"Seol-ah, is everything alr--- Omo..." Both oppa and I looked at the shocked woman. "Omo, Hoseok, is that you?!" Oppa stood up and bowed.

"Yes, mother, it's me." Umma smiled as she gave oppa a hug. She also looked at the open window. "I see that you haven't changed at all." Oppa smiled and rubbed the back of his neck. "Haha, yes." Umma tried to get oppa to eat something but refused. She sighed an okay and left the room, not before checking if I was alright.

I sat up after umma left and immediately started to hit oppa. "Yah! Why?!" Oppa started to laugh and fell onto my bed. "Seollie, so you not know your best friend yet?" I rolled my eyes at his statement and laid down with him, staring at the ceiling. This scene was familiar.

"Seolle, where's father?" I looked at him with sorrowful eyes. He looked back and was surprised with my look. I sighed. " Appa died couple of months after you left." 

Silence was all the filled the room before umma came in and left some snacks for us. 

"Seol-ah, I'm sorry, I didn't know...I just-- I--" "Oppa it's fine." He looked over at me before standing up. 

"No, Seol-ah, you don't understand." He looked at me, quite angry. "I followed his actions and stood up as well. "Oppa, what's wrong with you?" He didn't answer, but scoffed. "Yah! Jung Hoseok, what is your problem?!" "THIS! All this is my problem!" I stumbled back scared by his answer. There was silence. Oppa then took me by surprise as he hugged me. 

"What...what oppa---" His grip tightened on me. "I left you." He let go of me and I looked at him.. oppa was in tears. I immediately took my thumbs and wiped the tears from his eyes. "This wasn't your fault. Everything just happened, and you couldn't do anything to stop it." I smiled at him, nothing changed. "Oppa.." "I could've been there for you... I could've helped you get through that time, but I wasn't. You had to face everything on your own." 

This time it was I who hugged him. I felt him hug me back and smiled. "I got through it, I'm a strong girl. And now, we're together. This all played out perfectly." We both smiled. Oppa pinched my cheeks and slowly put his coat on. I frowned. "Oppa, you're leaving now?" He smiled as he handed me my coat. "No, WE are leaving." Before I got a chance to argue, I was lead out of my room. Oppa waved at umma before we left outside the front door. 

EXO's POV

We were out again in the streets of Seoul. We were disappointed that Seol couldn't make it, but at least Bora was with us. We decided to head to a arcade in a quiet part of Seol; by the midnight food stores. We eventually split into groups to play games. There was a lot of people here, but because the place was so big, there wasn't a lot of crowding. 

Kris: "Yah! Let me win just once!" 

The members started to laugh as their hyung was loosing at a arm wreslting game.  <=== (Exo Showtime ep.4)

We had been here for about an hour or so, but we were far from tired. We decided to eat and take a rest from the crowd, only before we stopped in our tracks.

Chen: "Isn't that Seol?"

The members looked in the direction Chen was pointing and their mouths gaped. It was Seol. And she wans't alone. J-Hope was there as well. The members frowned.

Luhan: "Bora, I thought you said that she couldn't make it, that she was tired."

Bora nodded. "That's what she said to me over the phone."

Tao: "SEOL!" We looked over at the younger who yelled her name and she looked at us with complete surprise.

Slowly, Seol came closer to us, with J-Hope following right behind her.

"Oh, oppas, Bora."

Tao: "Yah! I thought you were tired!"

Seol sighed. "Oppas, Bora, I am really sorry that I didn't go with you guys. I was really tired.... but then a surprise visit came along (Seol held onto J-Hope's arm) and "we" decided to go out for a while. I tried calling all of you, but no one picked up. I'm sorry."

Immediately, the members checked their phones to find at least two missed calls from Seol. They nervously chuckled. Seol crossed her arms and then put her hands to her ear, expecting an apology. 

In unison, the members and Bora apologized. 

Baekhyun: Well, we were just going to eat, do you guys want to come along?" 

Seol looked over at J-Hope and he nodded, making herself nod as well. The members smiled as they began to walk towards a street vendor who was selling lots of street food. 

273377_1_11.gif 273377_1_19.jpg 273377_1_12.gif 835815_image2_1.jpg?&name=image2&index=1  273377_1_17.gif 

839899_image2_1.JPG?&name=image2&index=1  273377_1_20.jpg  

 

 

 

*** This story is open to everyone, but I would appreciate for some comments and lovely, new subscribers~ P.S: sorry for not updating.***