Chapter seven

EXO's Dream Girl

Kai's POV

         I checked my phone for the hundredth time and again, it was the members asking me where I was. I didn't even bother to answer back, they should be used to this. I put my headphones back on and laid back down in the grass. It was our first lunch together during the semester. They were at the cafeteria and I was in this garden.... hidden garden. I found it when I first came here last year. It looked as if no one cared for it, so I chose to become its new owner. None of he exo members new this place as far as I was concerned. It was basically my sacred place of peace.

        My music had been playing at full blast before it stopped again. I sighed and checked it. 'Probably one of the members again.' I thought. I was wrong. Someone was calling me. I opened my phone and checked the caller ID, it read: My Girlfriend: <3 Hwang Ji Son~. Ji Son. I sat up and answered. "Hello?" I asked as I cleared my voice. 

"Oppa!!!!! Where are you? You were to meet me at the campus center." Ji Son was practically yelling.

"Oh, right. I'm sorry Ji Son-ah, I'll go there right now, okay?" 

"Oppa, how can you forget?" I heard her sigh. 

"Fine oppa, I'll wait for you here. You better hurry up!" 

Before I could say something, she hung up. I sighed as I stood up from the grass. I took my bag and left through the narrow entrance. 

        I did what I was told and ran as fast as I could towards the campus square center. As I passed by, other girls tried to call me with their fan girl screams, but I ignored them. I only had one girl, and she was waiting for me. Ji Son and I meet in our last year of high school. Of course, we had seen each other before, but we had never actually spoken to each other. I was always in the shadow of the exo hyungs and she was in the cheerleading and the dance academy. We started to go out when one of her friends was partnered with me for a science project. We had started to talk and now here we are. 2 years in the making, going on our third the turning year. 

        I turned the corner and immediately, my heart sunk. I found Ji Son, but she was talking to another boy. I comletely froze. I saw her laugh at a distance, as did the boy. I recognized him. He was in Ji Son's dance class, the school's sports club and in my English class, I think his name was Jimin... Park Jimin. I calmed my breath and slowly walked over to them. Ji Son turned around and saw me approach. She stopped laughing and put on a smile. Jimin had also saw me coming and in an instant, his face was stone hard. 

        "Oppa. You're here." Ji son approched me and hugged me. I kissed her on the forehead after I hugged her back. "Yea. Ji Son-ah, I'm sorry that I'm late." "It's okay oppa, she started to say, "You're here now." She smiled at me and then turned to Jimin. "Jimin-ah, you can go now, thanks for keeping me company." Jimin smiled at her. "Okay Ji Son, see you later." He then turned to me and scowled. "You know Kai-sshi, you're really lucky to have Ji Son. Just make sure that no one takes her away from you." I only smirked. "Like anyone could actually do that." Jimin scoffed and left the square. 

       "Yah. I don't like you seeing tht Jimin guy, it looks like there is something wrong with him." Ji Son looked at me and laughed. "Oppa, are you by any chance, jealous?" "Jealous? Why would I be jealous? I'm obviously better looking than he'll ever be." I made a v-line with my hand. That only made Ji Son laugh even more. I smiled, I like the way she smiled. We continued to walk down the cobblestone path hand in hand. Before we knew it, we were in the front of the cafeteria.

       "Ji Son, are you hungry?" She looked at me and nodded. I laughed at her honesty. I held the door open for her before I came in. Once inside, we found a small empty table and she took a seat. She told me what she wanted and I left to go get it for her. I got on line with a plate and once again, I heard the silent but not so silent giggles of the girls behind me. I picked up the the food that Ji Son asked for and continued to look for my own. I was about done when I overheard one of the girls gossips behind me. "Yah, did you see her?" " I know right?" "She's just a freshmen and she has the nerve to sit comfortably with the exo oppas." I stopped what I was doing and continued to listen in. "Yeah, I know. The rumor is that Suho oppa and invited her to sit. They had class together along with Chanyeol oppa." 'Freshemen student? I thought. 'Suho and Chanyeol hyung?' I snapped out of it when a lady behind the counter called up the next person to pay for food. I gave her the money and left.

         I went back to Ji Son, who was tapping her fingers on the table. I sat down and gave her her food. She thanked me, but I didn't hear it. " Ji Son-ah." "Hm?" Did you hear about the freshemen student sitting with the exo hyungs?" Ji Son looked up from her food in shock. "Really?! A freshemen?" She almost spat out her food. Clearly she didn't know. "Nevermind." I wiped the little stains on with my hand. We both smiled and went back to our food. I was eating, but my mind was set on the mysterious freshemen girl. I wonder who she was. I shook off the feeling and continued to eat with Ji Son.

Your POV

       Lunch was fun with the exo sunbaenims. I could tell that they were really close with each other as I laughed at another funny, but true story Chen sunbaenim spilled out. We laughed even harder when Tao sunbae-- I mean Tao-sshi was trying to defend himself. "YAH HYUNGS!!!!" He pouted. Chen sunbaenim was gasping between laughs. "What? It's true that you take showers with more than one person. We know you're scared." I continued to laugh as Tao-sshi's face was getter redder by the second. Suho oppa had also seen this and told everyone to calm down. It didn't work. The exo sunbaenims only laughed more. Suho oppa gave up and tried to cheer up Tao. I looked over at Tao-sshi and gave him a reassuring smile, my way of saying it was okay. I thought it had helped but to my surprise, he got even redder and tried to hide his face. After sunbaenims had calmed down, we had started to eat and lead onto different conversations. Chanyeol oppa was bugging me as I was trying to talk to Bora. I was trying to say goodbye because she was supposed to meet her other friends at the library. It didn't get that far. We had said our farewells, but Chanyeol oppa was still bugging me. Fortunately, Suho oppa had seen it and immediately hit Chanyeol oppa lightly. I giggled. Suho oppa was like having an older brother. Being an only child, I missed out on the over-protection stage an older sibling would give to a younger. My dad used to do that before he....

      I was enjoying my time building a new friendship with the exo sunbaenims until I noticed the sunbaenims expressions, they were stiffening. Even Suho oppa couldn't hold his displeasure. I looked over as most of them were trying to give their best reassuring smiles to me, but failed. I looked around the cafeteria and finally realized why their expressions were like that. The most of the cafeteria were filled with girls. I had also seen the same girls form this morning with Suho oppa, glaring with all their mights towards..... me?!

      I also tried to ignore it, but their comments towards me were loud and clear. "Yah, look at her. Who does she think she is sitting with them?" 'Their friend.' I thought. "She's so ugly. How are our exo oppas supposed to eat their food when they see 'that'?" "Omo, look at her thighs, they're---" I could no longer heard the offense comments being made, Instead, I heard the beautiful melodies of a song. I turned over as I saw Tao-sshi standing over me, holding the headphones he had put on me. I smiled at him. He smiled back, but there was a glint in his eye that burned in anger. I could understand why. Tao-sshi sat back down and as he did, he mouthed the words 'a.r.e y.o.u o.k?' I looked at the other exo sunbaenims, as they also concerned. I gave them my biggest smile and nodded. They looked at me in shock. "Really sunbaenims, I'm okay." I said quite loudly because of the headphones. They all slightly laughed. I saw them and tried to join in.

       The song finished and I had taken the headphones off. The comments continued but for the sake of the exo sunbaenims, I ignored them. Xiumin sunbaenim was up form his seat, trying to put the headphones back on, but I backed away from his reach.  "Seol-sshi," he pleaded, "Please." I hesistated to accept the headphones again, but got myself together and refused once more. "Sunbaenims," I started to say. "Don't worry about me. I can handle myself. I smiled. I remebered when appa was still alive. I was getting bullied in the 3rd grade. Appa was ready to call the principal for harrassing me, but I stopped him. "Appa~I can handle myself. Don't worry." "Nothing they can do can bring me down. That would only happen if I cared for what they say." I strongly stated. "Earlier, Suho oppa had told me how many friendships were broken because of these saesaengs. They couldn't handle the intense torture they were pouring onto them." I sighed. "That's because they cared about they did. Once again I smiled at them. "I won't do that. I won't leave. I will stay here with sunbaenims and fight with you."

       I finished my not-so-nessessary speech and stood up. I patted my skirt down and walked towards the girls with the dirty comments. I cleared my voice and said, "I think everyone has kindness inside them, no matter how buried it is in their soul. I am sitting with the exo sunbaenims because I am their friend. I am sitting there because they had invited me. I am sitting with them to give them a small piece of freedom away from people like you. And if you have something to tell me, or anyone, have the confidence of saying it to their face, not hiding behind them like cowards." This time, it was I who was glaring. I just didn't understand why people here acted like this. I could hear them scoff but I didn't care. After my speaking, for the most part, the cafeterica quieted down and they tried not to look over at the exo sunbaenims and me. Without saying anthing else, I walked back to the exo sunbaenims and sat down. 

Suho's POV

       After sitting down from her big speech, everyone of us exo members stared at her in awe. "Seol-sshi," Baekhyun sunbaenim began to say, ".....DAEBAK." With that one word, the others began to join in. "Yes Seol-sshi, that was amazing. You are definitely different. You are our friend." "SEOL-SSHI! Tao yelled before, without knowing, giving her a big hug. Exo and I had froze and then immediately tried to get Tao off Seol. She laughed as Tao was only trying to grab on for a hug, as we were trying to pull him off. I smiled at Seol and patted her back after we had finally gotten Tao off. No one has ever stood up for us. Yes, were were the buzz of the school, but there were no bounderies of attack. Now, there was one. Seol.

       By the time were had started to speak in joy again, it was time for class. None of us had class with her. It was sad that we had to depart, but her smile brought a smile to ours as well. We watch her leave through the doors before wer had gone our separate ways. Tao and I had the same class. When we had walked a distance unseeable from the exiting students, I immediately hit his head.

"Ah! Hyung! What was that for?" Tao said rubbing his head.

I sighed and looked sternly at him. "Yah, you hugged Seol. Didn't you think on how she must've felt?"

I looked over at Tao, expecting him to feel bad, but what I saw was far from gulit. Instead, his cheeks were pink from blushing and he was smiling. I scoffed in shock. We continued to walk in silence before  Tao broke it.

"Hyung... I hugged her, I hugged Seol! Oh my god! What will she think of me?!" 

I sighed and looked at Tao. "I don't know what she'll think of you Tao-ah." Seeing his panicking face made this even funnier than it already was. 

"Hyung." "Hm?" I think I actually like Seol." Once again, I only sighed.

"I know Tao. We all know that."

 

 

 

******Hey everyone! Thank you for reading my story. I really hope you like it so far. I tried to fix the many errors I made in the previous chapters, so you can check them out, especially sorry about the wrong link. I fixed it now. Oh, btw, I am not making Park Jimin of BTS a bad character. *spoiler, he will be here in the future. I also love BTS and I am not hating on them~