Chapter seventeen

EXO's Dream Girl

No One's POV

The holiday vacations were coming sooner than what was realized and everyone was getting ready to leave campus and see their loved ones again. Unfortunately for Kai, he wasn't doing much, just lying in bed. It's been two days since he and Ji Son had broke up and all he could do was watch both Sehun and Lay get ready in last minute packing. Lay, Kris, Tao and Luhan were getting ready for a trip back to China to see their family again. Moving to South Korea was hard, but to live their dream, it was worth it.

"Sehun-ah," Lay whispered to over at Sehun. "Hm?" He saw his hyung pointing over at Kai and sighed. "What happened to Kai, he didn't even attend his classes today." "I don't know hyung. He hasn't said anything today... not that I heard of." The two looked over at Kai one more time before sighing and returned to packing. 

Every now and then Kai would move alittle under his bed sheets. He would mostly take his phone and look over at his pictures with Ji Son. Kai let out silent sobs as he looked at them. He knew he had to move on... it pained him to delete his pictures. Coming down to the last picture, Kai stopped. It was the first picture he and Ji Son had taken on their first year anniversary. He let out even more silent sobs, crying himself to sleep.

Kai later woke up. Slowly, he uncovered himself under the sheets and saw there was no one here. He opened his phone and checked the time. 9:45. He sighed when he heard his stomach growl, he hadn't eaten for the entire day. He felt so weak. He was surprised that he was able to gather the strength and leave the dorm. He used the elevator down to the lobby and felt the cold winter air hit is puffy face. 

His sensative nose was able to smell hot chocolate leading down to the dining hall. He followed the scent. As he did, Kai sawing buses lining up at the parkway, ready to depart students once it was time. The campus directors were getting into the holiday spirit and were serving hot chocolate with a soulful feast before all students would go away from campus and enjoy the vacation. They were also holding a 'song night' to get into the warm, ballad mood. Almost every student was here, having fun before the would leave. 

As always, Seol was with Bora and exo, Hyoyeon had joined them as well. They had packed and had brought their suitcases with them to the dining hall. Seol was in the midst of playfully hitting Chanyeol for signing her name for the 'song night'. "Oppa! Why did you do-- Kai oppa!" Everyone looked over at Kai who was slowly heading towards s. He looked awful. Seol had noticed his weakness and immediately took off, giving him a hand. Kai took no hesitation and leaned his weak body onto Seol, just enough so Seol wouldn't fall over his weight. 

Seeing this struggle, Suho had also gotten up and took Kai's other side, balancing him out. Kai was then seated in between Seol and Chanyeol, Chanyeol grimaced. "Oppa... what happened to you?" Kai didn't respond. "Kai-ah, Sehun and Lay have told us you were like this for a while now. What happened?" Kai didn't say anything. Instead, he had his head down... slowly letting tears drop. 

s were shocked. They had only seen Kai cry, that was such a long time ago... when his father died. "K--Kai... what happ---" "You were right." He finally spoke. Everyone had their eyes on him. "What? What are you even talking about?"Kai..." Kai sniffled his tears and looked up at s with his blurred eyesight. "You... all of you. You were right... about Ji Son." 

s, nor did the girls were believing what they were hearing. "A few days ago... I... I broke it off..." Kai started to say before another round of tears were forming in his eyes. "I'm sorry." Everyone was looking at Kai in despair. Though they hated Ji Son, Seeing Kai happy was worth putting up with her. Now that she's out of their life, they didn't know what to think.

"Kai-ah..." "Hyung..." Everyone was trying to give out their apologies but it didn't matter, Kai was still a mess. Before anyone could say anything else, Kai spoke once more. "Chanyeol hyung, you were right about her. I'm so sorry I didn't believe you, I just... I just--" His words seized with a tight hug from Chanyol himself. Like Kai, his eyes were getting watery. "Jongin-ah, you don't have to say anything anymore. I'm the one that should be sorry... for hurting you like this. I sorry, brother." 

That one word had caused Kai to let everything out and hugged Chanyeol back with the same strength. The other members happily joined in as the girls watched their long awaited reunion. Emotionally, most of the pain was gone, but Kai was still pretty weak from not getting sleep nor food and water for the past two days. 

Seol had volunteered to get Kai a plate, or plates of food. Coming back, Kai immediately dug in as s were finally reunited with him again. More laughs and conversations were let out before Seol flinched at the sound of her name. "Now for our nest performer.... Baek Seol Adams!"

Seol's POV

My body literally froze after hearing my name. Everything was going so well as Kai oppa was reunited with s again. Everyone at our table turned around to see one of the campus directors waving over at me, pointing at the now empty stage. I smiled shyly gulping down the food still in my mouth. The dining hall full of students clapped as did the oppas and unnies. I stood up and went towards the stage with my guitar case. I bowed at glared at Chanyeol, of course, he was laughing. 

I cleared my voice. "Ah... yes. Merry Christmas everybody! The directors have really out done themselves for this school get together before we leave on those buses tonight. So, without further or due, I would also like to call someone up to perform what we have been working on for a special event such as this... Chanyeol oppa!"

I looked over at the exo members laughing at my revenge. I saw Kai oppa also laugh, it felt really good to see him happy. I also looked at Chanyeol, returning the glare at me when he was heading to the stage with his guitar. I laughed as he bowed to the audience. 

"Seol-ah, I swear..." Oppa mumbled to me when we were tuning our guitar. I laughed. "Oppa~" I cooed.

In shock, he looked over at me. "This... al this... is your doing. Mehrong~" He scoffed before messing up my hair. "HYUNG!!!" Hearing Tao's voice, we looked over at the table to find Tao yelling at Chanyeol. We laughed as he was being calmed down by Kris oppa. We were done tuning and so I introduced our piece. 

"This piece was composed by Oppa and I. It was made to cheer people up in the name of happiness". I smiled at Chanyeol oppa had started to play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWwNj1WkI0Y (I absolutely love this piece. Chanyeol would be on the left and Seol to the right.)

We finished as we heard the hall come into cheers. Oppa and I stood and bowed together. What perfect way to say goodbye than right now?

Chanyeol's POV

Seol had purposely called me up to the stage. The other members were laughing, knowing this was Seol's cute way of revenge, so I tried my hardest to make a mad face as I was coming up, but it was hard. I didn't hate going up to the stage with Seol... I loved the idea of sharing the stage with her.

Seol was expaining our piece we have been working on and all I could do was smile when she did. We began to tune when I ruffled her hair. She giggled and tried to push my had away from her face, I couldn't help but laugh, she was so adorable. We heard Tao yelling at me and that's when I stopped. I snapped my head out of it. 'What am I doing?' I thought.

Without any delay, Seol and I began to play. From time to time, I would look over at her. Seeing her concentrated face as she strumed her guitar as I did with mine. Suddenly, I was pulled into reality when I heard something in my body... my heart? I felt it as it was thumping hard enough for me to vividly hear. What was going on? I looked over at Seol again as my heartbeat raced again. Seol? No way...

Our piece finished and we bowed towards the audience. I looked at Seol for the hundredth time and saw her looking right at me as well. She smiled at our work. I felt my ears warming up. Luckily, she didn't see it was she was putting her guitar back in it's case. I was putting mine in as well. I looked up and before I knew it, Seol was ahead of me, heading back to the table. She was hugged by her unnies... and Kai?! 

Our song was made out of happiness, and seeing Kai smiling, her face brightened. Kai was also shocked by the hug, but recieved it anyway. I felt a sting in my heart when that happened. I was brought back when Seol came up to me and tug on my arm to sit down I chuckled and followed her lead. Tao was upset for sure. He was pouting in front of Seol as she watched him and laughed. He was asking for a hug and when she opened her arms, Tao had no hesistation to come to her embrace, maybe hugging her abit more than we all relized. 

Satisfied, he finally let go of Seol as she was standing to take our dishes to the cleaning center. Kai offered to help, but was declined for still being alittle weak, Instead, I went with her. 

We loaded the dirty dishes to the counter and were headed back when I saw Seol on the ground. Standing over her... Ji Son.

Ji Son's POV

I entered like a storm and had come intp the dining hall. Everyone looked over at me... exo looked at me. All their happiness for sure, was taken away with my  entrance. I had spotted Kai and he was the first to look away. I scoffed. It's been a couple of days since we broke up and I was a stone hard mess. I wasn't planning to be here, but I was sent a picture text from my friends of Seol, that b****, hugging someone, more specifically, Kai. I was furious. Just because he broke it off didn't mean I did. 

I looked over the hall for that girl's face. I spotted it with Chanyeol at the clearing station. I scoffed at the irony. Thay was where she belonged anyway. Confidently, I walked my way there. Seol was shcoked when she saw me but that wasn't enough. As always, she would bow to me. but not this time. Before she could arch her back, I took hold of her shoulders holding her firm. I let go and my good right arm used its power and punched her.

My hit was so hard, Seol had ended up on the floor, as I was towering over her. I knew she was hurt, but that still didn't satisfy my anger. Before I could strike again, that idiot Chanyeol stepped in her place and I hit him. It didn't matter anyway. I've been wanting to do that for the last two years! Seeing her dear frined get hit, Seol stood up and gripped onto Chanyeol. I scoffed. "All of you are pathetic." I raised my hand once more before being stopped. I turned around and found Kai holding my wrist. I looked at him with my glaring eyes. "Let go, or you'll get it too." He didn't let go. "Your not letting go?!" With that, I took my free hand and slapped him. He still didn't say anything, but he let go.

At a distance, I could see Seol's guitar. I rubbed my wrist and walked over to her beloved guitar. Chanyeol was tending to the crying Seol when I took her guitar out. Bora saw me and was heading my way. The other members were behind her, but it was too late. I took the guitar and pounded it on the hard marble floors. 

Seol heard the noise and saw her guitar in pieces. She was screaming at this point. She ran to the wrecked guitar as I let go of the neck. 

hp-029.jpg 

"YOU F****** B****!!!!" I heard Bora yell at me when she slapped me in the face. I recieved the blow well and then turned to her. The other exo members were holding both her and another girl down, as I smirked. "That's all?" I asked. She was practically fuming at this point. I looked over at Seol, who was still crying over the broken guitar. I smiled cruely. "Now you feel the pain of losing something precious to your heart by someone who isn't worth it." 

Chanyeol and Tao glared at me as they were trying to get Seol up from the ground. I looked over at saw the campus directors coming this way starting a scolding. I wasn't paying attention. They couldn't expell me, not after all my family had given to this school. Before they could say another word, Kai rougly took my hand and lead me out of the dining hall. 

"What the hell is your problem oppa?!" He was leading me with force and it was starting to hurt. "Oppa! Oppa! KAI!" He stopped in the middle of the courtyard and faced me. His eyes filled with anger. "Don't ever say my name again." Those were the first words that came out of his mouth. It hurt... a lot. "The hell Kai, stop talking nonsense. What the hell is your problem?!" "YOUR MY DAMN PROBLEM JI SON!" 

I was stunned ny his anwer. It hurt like a bullet.

"Oppa, what are you even saying?! Do you... do you even hear yourself?" 

"I hear myself just fine. We broke up. We are over. Stop hurting those I care about!" 

"Oh! So now you care about them?!"

"I've always cared for them, I finally realize that without you in my life!"

I didn't know how much this hurt. "Op--" 

"I loved you Ji Son-ah. That's over now. Please, I'm begging you... leave us alone, and never bother us... ever."

I was losing him now. "Oppa no, I'm sorry... I'm so sorry oppa. Please forgive me.." I was crying. I looked up at Kai, who was completely emotionless. Without saying anything, he left me at the courtyard and was headed back to the dining hall. To s. To his family. To Seol.

Back at the dining hall...

"Seol-ah, please, stand up." Suho, along with the others were trying to make Seol stand up, away from her guitar. Her face was puffy and her eyesight was blurry. On the corner of her lip, she was bleeding. Nothing mattered to her anymore. She lost her father for the second time now. 

"Seol-ah, please, don't you want to see your mother? She wouldn't want to see you like this." It was hurting Chanyeol way too much. Seeing Seol cry and hurt, it broke its heart, the same felt with the other members. Bora was in the midst of apologizing to Seol for not defending her when Ji Son had come. "Seol-ah, I'm so sor--"  Kai had ran in to see the directors trying to understand what had happened. The rest of the students were told to go outside and pack into the buses for this party had come to an end. 

Seol was still in the same place when Kai left. He felt so guilty for this. He went to s and saw them trying to move Seol, but she wouldn't move whatsoever. This, all this was Ji Son. "Kai-yah, we tried everything, we can't get to her." Chanyeol whispered to Kai. He looked at Seol and kneeled down next to her. Trying to get rid of the guilt in his tone, he cleared his throat. 

Kai's POV

"Seol-ah..." "It's not your fault oppa." Shocked by her words, everyone looked over at Seol, still emotionless. "It's not sunbaenim's fault either." "Seol-ah, your not thinking right now. Lets go and--" "It's my fault." 

"Seol. This is definitely not your fault. What are you even talking about?" Suho hyung was trying to talk to her. We had our eyes on Seol as she sighed. "It's my fault, it will always be. I'm sorry." "Seol-ah, it's not--" "I'm sorry appa."

Appa? What is she talking about? Better yet, who was she talking too? "Seol-ah, please, your scaring us." Nothing came out of Seol. We were starting to believe that she had finally had a breakdown and lost it, just like the other people who tried to be our friends. I didn't want to think that, we came this far together. I couldn't let her slip awat as well. Without me knowing, I took her in my arms and hugged her. The members didn't know what was happening, but slowly, each and everyone of us came forward and hugged Seol. 

Finally, we heard her cry. So she hadn't lost it. I her hair and more of her tears came out. It broke my heart to hear her pain. I finally let go and saw that Seol's lip was bleeding. The directors gave me a first aid kit and I was trying to put the bandage on. Seol seemed to have calmed down, as Tao and Chanyeol hyung were able to lift her and seat her on one of the tables. Everyone was relaxing a bit. Suho was helping Hyoyeon and Bora pick up all the guitar pieces and put it into Seol's useless guitar case. They had no choice but to throw it away. It was painful ,but Seol agreed. 

Once the guitar was out of sight, she started to cry again. Concerned, we looked at her. "It was my appa's guitar... it was the last thing he gave me before he... moved on. That guitar was the only way to feel close to him again. But now... it's gone. Forever."

Her words hurt. She reminded me of myself when I lost my father. Nothing could replace that bond now. I felt gulity once more. 

It was time to load the buses with students. Every now and then, students would come over to Seol to ask if she was okay. Everytime, she gave small sincere smile, before saying that she was fine. I watched her do this so many times. I knew she was dying inside. It was finally our turn to ride. The coach bus came to a stop. The members and I entered, and so did Seol, Bora and Hyoyeon. Other students soon followed. There was 14 of us, meaning each of us had a partner to sit with. I sat with Hyoyeon as Chanyeol hyung sat with Seol. 

Once everything was set, the bus left the campus, on our way home. 

After a couple of hours, we reached the terminal. We all got off and said our goodbyes to each other. The only people who were left on the bus were Kris hyung, Lay hyung, Luhan hyung and Tao. They were on their way to the airport to go back to China. Later on, they would come back and then we would do our secret santa. That was a week from now.

They gave Seol a warming goodbye as Tao hugged her again, this time, adding one more step. "Seollie, don't be sad without me." With that, we saw him kiss her forehead. Our mouths dropped. So did Seol's, but in the end, she smiled and hugged him back. The bus was soon out of sight. We also said our goodbyes to each other as we were on our ways to see our families. Of course, the only family I had was Chanyeol hyungs, so I went with him. Seol waved at us as she got into a taxi, which Kyungsoo hyung generously paid for. We all watched as the taxi was getting smaller and smaller, finally disappearing from our sights. 

I sighed and got into a car with Chanyeol hyung. We were going home.