Taboo - Chapter 19

Taboo

Before Sunggyu could take another step closer, he felt the nozzle of a gun pressed to the back of his head.

"I went easy on you because the boss did not want you harmed," said the voice.  "You should have stayed put."

Sunggyu's mind was blank.  He froze.  He did not know what was going on nor did he know what to do.  He decided that if he was going to die, he would at least put up a fight.

He raised both his hands up to surrender.  When he felt his attacker lowering the gun behind his head, Sunggyu immediately turned around and tried to snatch the gun from his attacker.  The two struggled for the gun.  However, Sunggyu was no match for his attacker who seemed skilled in close range combat.  Sunggyu found himself with the gun aimed at his head.  What surprised him more was seeing the face of his attacker.

"You..." said Sunggyu, recognising the man who he often saw at Dongwoo's bar.  The regular customer who he thought was trying to pick up Sungjong.

"Why are you doing this?  What have you done to Myungsoo?"

A hint of dislike appeared in the man's eyes when he looked at Sunggyu, the man who was always talking ever so friendly with the owner.  "The boss said that you are a guest here but I will say that you found out and were going to report him to the cops so I had no choice but to stop you."

The man smirked as he placed his finger on the trigger.  Sunggyu knew he could do nothing against a bullet so he accepted his fate and closed his eyes.  

Just as the man was about to pull the trigger, there was a loud thud.  Sunggyu opened his eyes to see the the man drop to the floor.  Sunggyu was surprised when he who was standing behind the man with an antique statue in his hands.

"Myungsoo!"  Sunggyu called out in disbelief as he rushed to the young man's side who looked as though he was about to collapse himself.

The young man dropped the statue to the floor.  He looked at Sunggyu and smiled.  It had been a long time since they last met.  "Sunggyu."

Sunggyu was almost in tears.  "I..I thought you left me...what happened?"

"I'm sorry," Myungsoo apologised.

Sunggyu did not understand why Myungsoo was apologising to him.

"I'm sorry I lied to you," confessed Myungsoo.  "I'm not who you think I am."

Sunggyu frowned.  "What are you talking about?  Who did this to you?"

Myungsoo was quiet for a moment.  "Someone you know very well.  He found out who I was and killed me...or I thought he did."  Myungsoo furrowed his brow, wondering how he was still alive and how long he had been in that coma.

Sunggyu could not comprehend what Myungsoo was telling him.  Myungsoo was not making any sense to him.  "And who are you then?"


Woohyun was knocked to the ground.  Unarmed and deeply wounded, he was no match for the figure.

"Goodbye, Woohyun," said the figure as he raised his sword for the final attack.  "I'll let Sunggyu know that you've had your fun and no longer want to see him.  Of course it'll break his poor little heart but I'll comfort him as a good friend."

Just as the blade struck down at the helpless Woohyun, the sound of a gunshot rang out.  The attacker raised his blade to block the bullet which was aimed at him.  Woohyun turned his head and saw a tall figure in a black trenchcoat approaching him while firing at his attacker.

"This is what happens when you don't follow my orders, Woohyun," scolded the tall figure.

Woohyun seemed relieved to see the man who had come to his aid.  "Captain."