Taboo - Chapter 13

Taboo

After a moment indulgence, Woohyun finally realised what he was doing.  He placed his hands on Sunggyu's chest and pushed the man to break away from the kiss.

"We can't!" Woohyun declared.

Seeing Woohyun's reaction, Sunggyu took a step back with a disheartened look upon his face.  Perhaps, he had made a mistake.  Perhaps the feelings were not mutual.  Witnessing Woohyun with another man had triggered his desire for the boy and so he had acted without thinking of the consequences.  

Woohyun looked at Sunggyu and saw despair etched on the older man's face.  It pained him to see Sunggyu in such a state but he thought that it was best to stop while they were ahead before he got in too deep.

Finally coming to his senses, Sunggyu apologised to the boy for taking advantage of him.  "I'm sorry for startling you like that.  Having an old man do that to you, you must think it's disgusting right?"  He felt his heart breaking as he said those words but he knew that it was the right thing to do when he saw the troubled look on Woohyun's face.  This was the end.  He did not want to be hated, not by someone he loved.  "You don't have to come to the store anymore and you don't have to worry about the vase.  I won't bother you again.  I'm so sorry."

With a heavy heart, Sunggyu turned to walk away while Woohyun stood deliberating with himself.  Sure, he was shocked at the older man's action but that was because he was not expecting Sunggyu to kiss him.  Did he find it disgusting?  If anything, the kiss was sweet and tasted like strawberries and he wanted it to last much longer but he had to come to his senses.  After all, it was impossible for them to be together.

"Sunggyu!"

Sunggyu halted in his steps when he heard his name but he was did not turn around to face Woohyun, fearing what the boy might say.  Knowing what Woohyun wanted to say was one thing but hearing the boy say it would break his heart into a million pieces.  He waited for the inevitable.

Woohyun noticed that although Sunggyu had stopped, he did not turn around.  After a moment of contemplation, Woohyun walked up behind Sunggyu and stood inches from the man's back.

"Why did you kiss me?" Woohyun questioned.

Sunggyu could sense Woohyun right behind him.  How he wanted to turn around and embrace the boy but he knew better than to do so.  "Even if you hate it, even if you find it disgusting, I can't help that I have fallen in love with you.  Sickening isn't it?" Sunggyu smiled bitterly.  "For a man my age to-"

Before Sunggyu could even finish his sentence, he felt Woohyun hugging him from behind.  Woohyun wrapped his arms around Sunggyu and leaned his head onto the older man's back.  "It's not disgusting," Woohyun interjected much to Sunggyu's surprise.

Sunggyu slowly turned around to face the boy.  "Woohyun..."

"But...what about the young man in the photo with you?" Woohyun asked with hesitation.

Sunggyu's eyes widened with surprise at the mention of the photo.  He had wondered why he had woken with the photo earlier that morning.  He had no idea where it had come from and he could not recall what had happened the night before thanks to Dongwoo's free drinks.

"The young man in the photo with you...who is he?" Woohyun asked.  "Is he..."

Sunggyu realised that there was no point in hiding it from Woohyun if the boy had already seen the photo.  He could not lie to him.  "His name is Myungsoo," Sunggyu replied.  He paused a moment to look at Woohyun.  "He was my lover."