Taboo - Chapter 15

Taboo

Woohyun awoke the next morning to find himself alone in bed.  For a moment, he lay there recalling what had happened last night.  A troubled expression appeared on his face and for a spit second he wondered if he had made the right choice.

While he sat there troubled by his thoughts, Sunggyu stepped in the bedroom door carrying a tray of food.

"Good morning," greeted Sunggyu with a smile.

Seeing the older man in a good mood brought a smile to Woohyun's face.  "What's this?" Woohyun asked when Sunggyu placed the tray in front of him.

"Breakfast in bed," Sunggyu replied.

"You don't have to do this," said Woohyun. 

"I also got you these," Sunggyu added, handing Woohyun several large shopping bags.

Woohyun looked inside and found several sets of new clothes as well as everyday essentials that he would need.  He wondered when Sunggyu had brought all these.

"If there's anything else you need, let me know," said Sunggyu.

Woohyun frowned a little.  "If you start spoiling me now, I'll expect it everyday."

Sunggyu smiled.  "It's only right to spoil the one you love."

Woohyun smiled.  Whatever doubts he had about the older man dissipated upon hearing those words.

"I'll pick you up after school," said Sunggyu.  "There's somewhere I want to take you."

Woohyun's eyes lit up with excitement.  "Where are we going?"

"It's a secret," came Sunggyu's reply.


At the end of the day, Sunggyu closed his store early and drove to Woohyun's school where he parked a distance from the main gates.  He thought it safer this way in case Woohyun did not want people to know about their relationship.

He sat in the car and waited patiently as the students started pouring out through the gates.  He kept his eyes out for Woohyun.  Though there were many students all wearing the same uniform, Sunggyu was bale to spot Woohyun the minute he exited the gates.  

Sunggyu was just about to get out of the car when he noticed a man approaching Woohyun.  He saw the surprised look on Woohyun's face when he saw the man.  Sunggyu immediately got out of the car when he recognised the man.  There were some exchange of words before the man dragged Woohyun away from prying eyes and into an alley.  

"No!"

Upon reaching the alley, Sunggyu heard Woohyun's defiant voice and quickly rushed in to see the man disappear in the other direction leaving Woohyun on the ground.  It looked as though there was an altercation.  Sunggyu was worried if Woohyun was injured.

"Woohyun!" Sunggyu helped Woohyun up from the ground and checked him.  "What did he do?  Are you okay?  Are you hurt anywhere?

"I'm fine," Woohyun replied.  "He's just angry that I hadn't been coming home."

Sunggyu frowned.

"It's fine," Woohyun added, trying to lighten up Sunggyu's mood.  "I told him I wasn't going to come home so if you kick me out, I'll have nowhere else to go."


After arriving at the lavish high rise restaurant overlooking the city below, Sunggyu had excused himself for a moment and left Woohyun sitting at their reserved table.  Though the waiters were there to cater his every need, Woohyun wondered where Sunggyu had disappeared to.


"I can't let this go on," he declared.

"Understood," came the reply.