Preparations

I will protect you

“Just think of it like a protection program. I would send you to the police so they can end this and protect you but I’m not sure whether we can trust them or not since you said that their clues are cold and since I watch a lot of movies, I think one of your father’s people is in the police”

 

You just stared at him, digesting what he said is logically true. “And I assure you, I’m not doing this just because my parents want to see me get married. So what do you say? You trust me?”

 

“And also, you don’t have to work, you can just stay here in my house, I will take you out once in a while so that you won’t get bored in this empty house” right after Doojoon said that, he just realized he’s bored of the empty house. His confidence to ask you for marriage is boosting up.

 

“I’m sorry if I’m scaring you right now. I’m not taking advantage of you if that’s what you’re thinking, it’s like a fake marriage. Let’s get married to each other, just until everything is fine” he continued.

 

Your tears are dried from Doojoon’s speech and he basically listed down every possible thought you’re having. “Seems like he is a well thorough person and I have nowhere to go” your mind tells you.

 

“It’s okay if you don’t want to do this. I understand completely, this is just too sudden. At least say something and save me from this awkward moment” Doojoon closed his eyes, feeling embarrassed.

 

“Yes” you finally spoke. Doojoon’s head shot up to you. “What?” he asked.

 

“Yes” you smiled. “Yes what?” he looked straight to your eyes.

 

“Yes that this is too sudden” you answered and Doojoon looked away yet again from embarrassment.

 

“And also yes, I will marry you with the conditions attached”

 

“Seriously?” his eyes widen and you laughed at it. “What’s so funny?” he frowned. “Aniya” you shook your head as you tried to stop laughing. “Everything, pabo ya” you thought as you look at Doojoon still frowning at you.

 

“You’re quite a laugher” Doojoon stood up. “Now, let’s clean up and after that, I’m going to have to call my mom”

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Seriously? You’re talking the truth right?” asked the excited Mrs. Yoon over the phone.

“Neh” answered Doojoon.

“When did you ask her?”

“After we had our breakfast this morning”

“Ooooo, I guess the visit your father and I made helped you”

“Kind of. Mom, she and I want our wedding to be held privately and we don’t want to throw a ceremony for it. Just sign the marriage form at the court will do”

“Yoon Doojoon! There is no way your father and omma will let you do that. You are our only child and we want to throw a big wedding ceremony for you. We must!”

“But omma…”

“No buts. Doojoon ah, I know you’re busy with your work as the boss but why don’t you take some days off, enjoy your day with her and go out on a vacation. Treat your girl right”

“That’s not what I wanted to say, it’s just we’re a lot comfortable if we have this marriage quick which is why we wanted to just simply sign the form and no events” Doojoon made up an excuse.

“Well son, if you wanted to have your marriage quickly, then why didn’t you say so earlier? We can have the wedding tomorrow! I’ll call your cousins”

“Mom, that’s not what I meant”

“Oh yeah, Doojoon ah, why don’t you bring her here and we’ll discuss about the wedding. Hurry, we don’t have much time, tomorrow is less than 24 hours” she hung up.

 

You came out from Doojoon’s room wearing your own shirt, a fresh smelling one.

 

“Yong ___________, I’m so sorry” he said.

 

“What?” you asked. “My mother wants to see you to discuss about our wedding event…. which is held tomorrow”

 

“But I thought we’re only doing this privately” you said. “Yes, that is what we agreed on but my mother, she didn’t even want to listen to me and insist we do this big”

 

“What?” you couldn’t believe your ears. “I suggest we should go now before my mom nags at me” he walked to the door and turned around after opening the door. “Come” he said.

 

After getting out of the house, you get on his car and he drove to his parents’ house.

 

“I’m really sorry about this. This is really too much for you to take in” he said. “Oh no, it’s okay. At least it’s much better than having to go back home to where my father is” you replied and look out the window.

 

“Wear this cap so it’s kind of hard to recognize you” Doojoon held out a cap from his back seat. “Okay” you said and put the cap over your head.

 

“How old are you?” you asked Doojoon. “25. Why?”

 

“You’re 2 years older than me. Just so you know, since we’re getting married soon” you replied.

 

“We need to drop our formalities, since we’re getting married” he said. “I know” you replied using banmal. Doojoon smiled at your fast reaction.

 

“We’re here” he spoke as he parked at the side of the driveway. Doojoon went off the car and opened the door for you. “You can take the cap off now. Only wear it when we’re outside” he said. “Take your time to get ready. We’re going to have to act like a real couple” he walked towards the door and stopped halfway to wait for you.

 

You took off the cap and thought to yourself “How is it that a corporate guy like him keeps a casual cap in the car?” you looked at the cap’s sign ‘Committee of the Bang’s charity’

 

“I’m going to marry a very nice guy” you sighed and ran towards your future husband.

“Are you ready, __________?” Doojoon pull your arm and entwined it with his. You nodded and he rang the bell.

 

“Oh Doojoonie, you don’t have to ring the bell. Come on in” his mother greeted. “Anneyonghaseyo mother-in-law” you bowed.

 

“What a nice girl you got here” his mother winked at Doojoon. You stepped inside the house to see lots of people and wedding dresses, hair dressers holding hair dryers and brushes, wedding planers holding a book and a pen, and many other wedding related people and stuff.

 

“Oh My God. Is wedding always like this?” you whispered to Doojoon. “No. Just this wedding”

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

here goes the 2nd update today! keke