Moment

I will protect you

It’s a Sunday morning and you were woken up by Doojoon who kept knocking on your door.

 

“Yes?” you asked from inside your room but don’t want to open the door because you feel shy about how you look waking up in the morning.

 

“Sorry for waking you up but I just couldn’t hide my excitement” he said. “It’s my day off”

 

You look at the clock beside your bed. It’s 7.30 am. Doojoon really is excited.

 

“I hope you remember the talk we had the other night where I asked you out on a date” he said.

 

“What time are we going to the place where you’re taking me?” you asked.

 

“At noon maybe but I have plans for the whole day. I wanted to bring you for breakfast outside. You don’t have to cook today, it’ll be your off day too” he said. You smiled at his cuteness of giving you an off-day from your jobless life.

 

“I’ll give you until 9 to get ready” he said and still make you smile. You got off from your bed and took a shower, got your hair fixed and out on something nice and it was 8.45 when you were completely done.

 

You went out from your bedroom and saw Doojoon sitting down on the sofa, watching the TV. “Did I make you wait long?” you asked.

 

He turned to look as you and smiled at how pretty you look. “You look really nice” he complimented.

 

“Thank you. I’m actually dressed nicely for a date” you smiled.

 

Doojoon stood up from the sofa and bowed 90 degrees to you and held out his hand politely “May I have your day, my lady?” he cracks a lame joke but still manages to make you laugh.

 

You took his hand and he asked “You’re ready to leave?”

 

“Yes, I do. Where is Hyunseung?” you asked. “He won’t be joining us today. It’s his day off too. It’ll be just the two of us. We can’t bring Hyunseung to our date now, could we?”

 

Again, you laughed. “Now, everyone gets a day off today?”

 

“You are right” he playfully winked and escorted you to the door.

 

We went on a 30 minutes’ drive to a place I’ve never been to. The place looks really comfortable. The walls are made from wood logs that are nicely put together, the room looks friendly and warm but there isn’t a single person inside.

 

“Is this place open? There isn’t anyone inside, Doojoon” you stated.

 

“That’s because…” he went to the door and pulled out a piece of paper that was glued to the glass door. “… Oh look, no wonder why the place is empty” he said.

 

“It’s closed, isn’t it? It’s okay, we can go find another place to have our breakfast” you said.

 

Doojoon turned around the paper to show it to you. “The whole place is booked by Yoon Doojoon. That lucky bastard. Do you might know who this guy is? Hit this guy when you find him” Doojoon said.

 

You smiled and playfully hit Doojoon’s arm. “Am I that lucky bastard?” Doojoon acted surprised.

 

“I hate you” you said playfully.

 

“You can’t hate me. I’m your husband” Doojoon pouted.

 

“Oh. I thought you’re the lucky bastard who booked this entire place for himself” you joked.

 

“No. I’m not that lucky bastard. But I am a lucky guy to get to have this place for him and his wife alone” he got serious and took your hand which he interlaced his fingers in between yours. You smiled to him and you both walked inside to be seated and had your breakfast served by the workers there who disappeared into the kitchen and only comes out when you rang the bell button on your table.

 

The both of you didn’t leave the place, you both talked, getting to know each other more, until it was noon and departed to the amusement park. “I’m really excited” you admitted to Doojoon. “Me either. I feel like a kid again”

 

You suddenly remembered the picture you saw at your mother in laws house, the picture of the boy Doojoon which you personally like. You smiled at the thought. “Why are you smiling?” Doojoon asked.

 

“Nothing” you assured him with your smile that melts his heart.

 

The both of you went to try on almost all of the rides. The bumper cars, bumper boats, carousel, roller coaster, the ali baba, the Ferris wheel, the free fall, the gyro tower, the kamikaze, the hurricane and many more. You had cotton candy, ice creams, some sweets and chocolates. It was the most fun you have ever had in your life. It felt like your childhood was back and was saved by Doojoon.

 

You got tired from trying on a lot of rides and it was even beginning to get dark. The sun was setting, leaving the sky a beautiful colour of blue and orange mixed up.

 

“Thank you so much. I don’t know how to thank you enough. I’ve never felt so much fun in my life” you said and showed a really happy sincere wide smile. What you didn’t know was that Doojoon had planned for more than just the rides but he ordered a few people to release a dozen of balloons when you both are about to leave the park. You didn’t even notice the people carrying a net of balloons around you until it was too late.

 

The balloons were set off bit by bit but enough for them to crowd the space around. You were so amazed by the scenery that you were completely lost in the beauty of the moment. Doojoon however was mesmerized by your beauty. He didn’t expect that the time the balloons took action, the sky was a beautiful mixed of dark and light, in front of him is a beautiful lady he calls his wife.

 

He was captured by the scenery his seeing. You intertwined your fingers with Doojoon, wanting him to be a part of the moment, your shoulders touches his. Doojoon couldn’t stop looking at you, he was love struck. When you turned to look at him, it felt like the time stopped. The balloons were still filling up the spaces around you but it felt like as if they weren’t moving. Doojoon slowly went to get closer to you, put his free hand to caress your face and every other detail doesn’t matter anymore when Doojoon pressed his lips against yours. The moment seizes you.

 

You opened your eyes when Doojoon pulled away from the kiss. You didn’t even remember that you closed your eyes. It has to be automatic. You look around to see some young couples and some mothers holding their children’s hand. They were all smiling looking at you sweet you and Doojoon were.

 

What you don’t know was that among those crowds, there are 2 guys who recognized you. They were doing their own business when they heard people talking out loud about how romantic a couple is in the centre of the balloons getaway, and they went to look at this ‘romantic couple’ and saw a familiar face. Your face.

 

Turns out those two men work for your father, they had you reported to their boss instantly. Junhyung was on time when the call happened at your father’s house.

 

“Junhyung….” Your father called.

 

“I thought you said that your sister was no where to be seen and could have been dead by now. Why do I have a feeling that you’re lying to me?”

 

“It’s true. I have never seen her after the day when I chased her at Haru park alone” Junhyung was telling you the truth about him wanting to protect you from your father, during your wedding.

 

“I just got a called from one of my men that they saw your sister with a guy. I guess you just weren’t focus enough in finding your sister…”

 

“I apologize for failing” Junhyung kneeled down.

 

“Liar!” Mr. Yong hit Junhyung so hard that he fell to the ground. “You’re trying to protect your sister. Why is that?”

 

Junhyung didn’t answer. It was best to keep quiet and not give your father any clue about you.

 

“Well then I guess, you deserve a punishment” Mr. Yong sent 3 men to beat the energy out of Junhyung and locked him inside a room with no windows where he now is a prisoner in his own home.

 

“Go and look for more information about my daughter. I want to know who the guy she’s with and I want to know who are friends with my daughter. Check the place where she used to work! I want her found! I want her back and teach her and her brother a lesson what happens when someone betrays me. No children of mine should disobey me”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really sorry guys for keeping you waiting for a week T.T i was so busy last week, i didn't have time to finish a chapter :( im still busy with my assignments and what more that my exam is coming so i won't be updating as usual. i won't be updating 2 to 3 times in a week but i will be updating once a week or once every 2 weeks. i'll try to update quickly so i won't let you wait so long... i can't promise anything but i hope you wont be mad at me if i take so long to update.