Surprise

I will protect you

The bell rang again.

 

“Dongwoon must have left something” Doojoon walked to the door and was surprised when he opened the door. It wasn’t Dongwoon but his parents instead.

 

“We went to your office and we heard you were sick so we decided to visit you” Mr. Yoon said.

 

“Something smells delicious. I didn’t know my son could cook” Mrs. Yoon went inside without Doojoon inviting and she was surprised to see a girl wearing her son’s shirt, cooking in the open kitchen. “Omo”

 

“Omma” Doojoon failed to stop his mom from seeing you. Mr. Yoon then came in and when he saw you, he said “I see why you never invite us, your parents, to your new home, you got a girl”

 

 When you heard that, you instantly know that they are Doojoon’s parents so you quickly bowed 90 degrees and greeted Doojoon’s parents with respect “Anneyonghaseyo Yoon Doojoon’s omma and appa”

 

“Who is this young woman?” his mother asked. “Uhh….” Doojoon couldn’t answer and you’re too shy to say anything.

 

“Doojoon ah, why didn’t you tell us you’re already dating someone? We thought you didn’t want to get married” said his father.

 

“Father….” Doojoon trailed off because he was really speechless and didn’t expect his father would say that.

 

“Omo, no wonder our Doojoon isn’t worried about looking for a girl to marry, he already found one” Mrs. Yoon smiled widely towards you and you tried to smile back but you don’t understand what they were talking about.

 

“What marry thingy?” you thought. “No, I haven’t” Doojoon spoke.

 

“Just admit it Doojoon ah. It’s really obvious you two already slept with each other, she’s wearing your shirt. Omma cannot wait for you to get married! So excited” you closed your mouth with both your hands from hearing his mother comment.

 

“Chagiya, come let’s go home. Now that we’ve seen the real reason why Doojoon isn’t going to work, let’s just head home shall we? Looks like she made Doojoon a home cooked breakfast. We wouldn’t wanna disturb their moment” Mr. Yoon spoke.

 

Doojoon’s mother then held Mr. Yoon’s arm and they both walked to the door. Doojoon scratch his head, knowing that he has to apologize to you and also explain the whole thing. He escorts his parents to the door, opening the door for them.

 

“Doojoon ah. She’s really pretty. Tell us more later okay? And please decide when you want your marriage” his mom whispered to him.

 

“I will definitely tell you more. It will not be what you thought it was” Doojoon said.

 

“I’m so excited! Call us” said his mom and so they left.

 

Doojoon went back inside his house to find the table nicely arranged with food. He looked for you but you were not in the kitchen. “Yong ____________?” he called.

 

“Neh?” Doojoon slightly jumped to see you suddenly appear next to him. “Where were you?” he asked.

 

“I was behind the door. Did you not see me?” you asked because you were not intending to hide from him. “Why?” he asked.

 

“I was eavesdropping at your short conversation with your mother. It’s because your parents thought we slept together and I just need to know what else your mother said about me” you explained.

 

“So you heard what she said huh?” he asked and you blushed from knowing that his mother thinks you’re pretty. “Breakfast is ready” you excused.

 

“So… what’s with you and the marry thingy?” you asked while the both of you were having breakfast.

 

“It’s what I promised my parents. I wanted my father to rest from work so I kept asking to be the head of my father’s company and I did get my wish. In that occasion, my parents also wanted something from me, a wife. But I’ve been so busy ever since I earned my wish that I never get to go out with…” he looked at you focusing on his story “… a girl” he realized something.

 

He has never talked to a girl this much and spend time this long ever since he got ‘the’ job. He’s just never interested in caring for a girl as much as he cares for his job. Until now…

 

“Yong _______, do you mind if I ask you about your family?” Doojoon asked. You tightened your grip on your chopsticks.

 

“My father… he… I’m so scared of him” you let go of your chopsticks. “It’s okay, I will protect you” he said.

 

“Can you really? My father is a beast, he kills people after torturing them. I do not know what those innocent people owe my father, I never wanna know. My brother, Junhyung…. He’s my father right hand man. He sometimes does the dirty work for him. They’re really good in covering their tracks, even the police can’t connect anything to them. No one suspects us and lots of people are in danger, including me…” your eyes are getting teary and you’re trying your best not to let them escape.

 

“I might have to run away. I can never go back to Cinocup, Junhyung might probably wait for me there to take me home and punish me, I’ll probably be dead in less than 24 hours” you thought.

 

You tried to look at Doojoon normally but you can’t help but to lay your head down in order to prevent your eyes from crying.

 

Doojoon stood up from his seat and went to your side. He kneeled down in one leg and took your hand.

 

You don’t know what he’s doing so you looked at him, your tear almost escape your eyes. Doojoon held out his other hand and wiped away your tears.

 

“Yong ___________, I know this is so sudden but I want to take care of you, you do not deserve to live such life but in order for me to protect you, I have to do this” Doojoon started off.

 

“Yong ___________, there is no where I can know you’re safe than with me and there is no place I can keep you safe than here. So, will you marry me?” you gasped. Never in a million years could you imagine someone asking you to marry him.

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am so so sorry for not updating for so long when i actually have my loooooooong holiday. it's because i went on a vacation......

 

okay i lied. i went on lots of vacations and i can't bring my laptop with me and i definitely cannot update using my phone *cries* T>T

 

im so so sorry. to make up for it, i will upload 3 chapters? how is it guys? ^^