Brother Junhyung

I will protect you

There were three knocks on the door.

 

“Come in” you said and as expected, it was of course Doojoon.

 

“You’re up early” he said.

 

“You too. I couldn’t sleep, nervous” you slightly smile.

 

“Same here. My mom is going to be here in a few minutes. Come lets eat before that”

 

“You cooked?” you sound almost surprised.

 

“Yes I did. I don’t know how they taste but it took me such a long time to prepare them”

 

You smiled. “Well I guess they can’t be that bad. I’m actually surprised you cooked”

 

“I’m going to be a husband soon. I guess I should learn a thing or two” he said as you walk towards him. “Maybe I’m going to learn something else besides cooking in a married life”

 

“We’re only going to be married to each other for a few months before we get divorced” you said with your voice held steady.

 

“Right. I forgot about the divorce part. It’s nice knowing you” he let out too much feeling.

 

“We’re not parting now. Let there be no downs for as long as we’re together” your innocence trapped his heart.

 

“Good. Then don’t comment my cooking harshly later” he said and you laughed which made him smiled.

 

You went to the dining room and sat down with Doojoon in front of you. “Are you ready for me to comment on this?” you teased.

 

“I’m so afraid to let you taste them” he closed his eyes and you took a taste of his cooking. He opened up one eye and watched you chew. You smiled, put your chopsticks down and slowly shook your head.

 

“Oh no. Please don’t say anything. I’m so afraid to listen to it”

 

“They actually taste nice. Unbelieveable. Not bad for a first-timer” you commented.

 

“You’re kidding?”

 

“I’m honest” you replied and took another bite.

 

“Well, I’m glad you like it. I had to watch youtube to learn how to cook this. I can’t read the manual on the recipe site” you laughed by his story.

 

The bell rang and Doojoon went to answer it. His mother came into the house rushingly. “Where’s my daughter in law?” she sounded really excited.

“Not yet” Doojoon said.

 

“Joonie, she’ll be official in a few hours so why not I just call her my daughter in law now?” she showed a really wide smile.

 

“Doojoon’s parents are very accepting to me” you thought.

 

“Oh there you are sweetheart. Are you done with your breakfast? We’ve got to hurry to fix you up. The ceremony is not until 3 hours”

 

“Okay. I’ll just wash these dishes before we go”

 

“Oh no. Let Joonie wash them”

 

“Oh. He’s not coming with us?”

 

“He’s a man. There isn’t much for his to wear on his wedding day. However, you must look spectacular for this day”

 

“But there won’t be any cameras for our wedding. There is no need for publicity” Doojoon said. You looked at him.

 

“I don’t care about all those stuff, my son. I care about your soon to be wife. Every woman needs to be the prettiest on her wedding day” she took your hand and softly pulled you with her to her car parked right outside of Doojoon’s house.

 

“Take good care of her omma!” Doojoon waved his hand and is left alone.

 

“I thought we had chosen my hair and make up yesterday for today” you said.

 

“We need to change that. Doojoon saw you in those yesterday. He’s such a spoiler”

 

Meanwhile at the building where your wedding is held in a few hours, Doojoon’s mother made sure that you are treated nicely and get the best make up and hair done. “Don’t give her too much make up because she’s already pretty naturally and I want to keep that nature”

 

After you were done and about to get a final check from Doojoon’s mother, she asked the hairdresser to let my hair up instead of letting it down.

 

“I want hair away from her face. It’ll ruin her beautiful facial” she commanded. When you’re completely done with your wedding look, Doojoon’s mom asked everyone but you to leave the room and when there were only the two of you, she hugged you carefully and said “I’m sorry if I was too pushy to have you get done. It’s because I want Joonie to see how beautiful you really are”

 

“I don’t think any of us cares how we look” you commented politely, making sure that you don’t hurt her feelings by making her feel like you rejected the help she gave you for your current look.

 

“Oh. The two of you must be so in love to think so…” you didn’t expect his mother would take that too positively. You just kept quiet.

 

“I’ll leave you alone for now so that you have time to relax before the big moment” she walks to the door and left you alone.

 

You went to sit on a sofa in the room, feeling calm by the loneliness. Someone knocked the door but not the door that connects you to the prestige wide hall but the door that connects you to the balcony with a stair.

 

You opened the locked door to see your brother standing there in a suit. Taken aback by his presence, you took a step back in panic and almost tripped. Your brother quickly grabbed you, saving you from a dilemma.

 

“I’m not here to hurt you or take you back. However I’m here to congratulate you for your upcoming wedding” he said.

 

“Yong Junhyung… how do you get here?” you asked. “How can I trust you? Please don’t ruin my wedding, I’m begging”

 

“I’m here pretending to be one of the waiters who’ll serve you and your guests. Meanwhile, watching you”

 

“Dad asked to do so?”

 

“Dad doesn’t know. I keep secrets from him sometimes like the time when your soon to be husband was watching you outside our house”

 

“He what?”

 

“I punched him real hard. How do you trust him? He might be a ert”

 

“Why are you telling me this now?” you stuttered.

 

“I’m worried for you. I care about you as your brother. I might not show it to you before because Dad’s always around. But are you safer with that Doojoon or you think you’re safe enough back at home with me?”

 

“Is this a trick to get me back home?” you thought. “I will never come back to that house. You guys are monsters” you built up the courage to speak.

 

Junhyung slowly held his hand up to your face and gently caress your cheek. “No matter what you think of me, I’ll always take care of you. I’ve always do. I won’t let any one touch you to hurt you. Not even dad” he turns around to leave but before he closes the door from where he came in, he looked at you and said “You’re very beautiful. I’ll always be there for you when you need me the most and there is no one you could get help from. I’ll always be your brother and mom is always with us”

 

You almost cried but then was interrupted with Doojoon’s mother’s voice coming into the room from the other door. My tears held back.

 

“Are you ready? Why is the door open?” she asked.

 

I quickly turn around and found out that my brother is gone. “Uhh… I was just having some fresh air” you excused.

 

“Oh well then, come now. let’s go get ready at the end of the isle”

 

You followed her to the arch where you’ll be standing and walk with Doojoon’s father since you’re supposedly an orphan.

 

From the corner of your eye, you kept seeing Junhyung watching you and you got nervous for that.

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all. i would like to apologize to all of you for being missing. i forgot my password to my account and hence didn't update for such a long time. really sorry to keep you guys waiting for the next chapter. i promise that starting from now, i'll try my best to update always so that i wouldn't forget my password again.

 

Enjoy reading this very late update! ^^ please do comment so it will give me motivations and probably write the next chapter much faster. keke.