Lunch

I will protect you

“Doojoonie, it’s lunch time, are we going to have lunch or what?” Dongwoon whined to his best friend who is also his boss.

 

“Just wait Dongwoon ah. Something is just not right and I can’t figure out what is it” Doojoon replied with his head low on the telescope, watching you work.

 

“You’ve been watching her since morning and found nothing wrong. So there must be NOTHING wrong. Come on, let us eat shall we?”

 

“Wait, I see something. She doesn’t look good”

 

“Please don’t just say those because you wanna stay longer”

 

“Ani, for real, I see something. Dongwoon ah, looks like I’m not the only one who’s watching her”

 

“Great! Then the person can watch over the coffee girl and you and me can have our lunch. Take a break Doojoonie”

 

“Aniya, she knows that the guy is watching her that is why she’s acting really uncomfortable”

 

“She will feel more uncomfortable once she finds out that she has 2 stalkers”

 

Doojoon lifted his head, Dongwoon definitely is hungry. “Dongwoon ah, you want to eat?”

 

“Yes! Finally! Are we eating out or here?” Dongwoon asked.

 

“Both” Doojoon smirked and Dongwoon gave a confused look.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Anneyonghaseyo, welcome to Cinocup” you bowed to the handsome guy wearing a suit.

 

“Another corporate guy coming into our shop” Yeoseob whispered to you and it makes you want to laugh but you just smiled instead. It is like from morning until your shift ends, most of the customers you see are in suits.

 

“Anneyonghaseyo” said the guy in the suit to you.

 

“What would you like to have?” you asked politely.

 

“Would you make me the drinks that spilled on your shirt yesterday?” that made you froze.

 

“Who…. are you? Are you here to hurt me?” you tried to control your voice.

 

“What? No. I’m his friend” Dongwoon answered. You just stared at him, not understanding what he meant.

 

“The guy who came in today and bought 3 roasted expresso. He’s my friend and also my boss. The company across the road, is his” Dongwoon explained.

 

“Your coffees will be ready soon” you don’t know how to reply to Dongwoon’s explanation. You are surprised to know that the guy is a high executive person.

 

“Yong ______________” Dongwoon called you while you were making his coffee. You spun around and asked “Is there anything else you’d like to have?”

 

“Yes, why don’t you let your friend make my coffees and you and I have a talk?”

 

“Jesuhamnida, I can’t” you simply answered.

 

“He did told me that you would say no. He asked me to give you this secretly” Dongwoon whispered the second line and carefully slide a piece of folded paper to you under some cash for the coffees. “Read it now, secretly” he said as he walked away from the counter and took a seat.

 

“Why are all the handsome successful men always talk to you? Even the guy who came here earlier this morning was so persistent to talk to you.” Yeoseob asked. You shrugged the question off and asked for a break as you tried to hide the letter you got into your pocket.

 

“Whoa! What do you have there? A letter from a hottie? Come on read it to us!” you co-workers started to swarm all over you.

 

“It is not what it looks like. I’m going to the back” you quickly walked to the changing room alone.

 

“Maybe she’s just shy” Yeoseob told his friends.

 

You opened the letter and read it. You sighed after you’re done, fold the letter back and put it back into your jeans pocket before going back out.

 

“Here’s your coffees sir” you handed the coffees to Dongwoon and walked back to the counter nonchalantly.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I can’t believe you made me go there” Dongwoon said to Doojoon in his office. Doojoon laughed and explained “I wanted to go there myself but I can’t because whoever the guy who is watching her, saw me talking to her this morning”

 

“So?” Dongwoon asked. “So I can’t go there again because then it will be obvious that I keep going there to talk to her. He won’t like that. So what did you buy for lunch?” Doojoon changed the topic as soon as he finished explaining.

 

Dongwoon held the coffees up high and Doojoon asked “Just that? Yah! Why didn’t you buy some bread or cake or something to chew and digest?”

 

“I forgot. Doojoonie, I have one question for you” Dongwoon said. “What is it?” Doojoon anticipated.

 

“Are you doing this just because you’re worried for her or you’re attracted to her? She is really pretty”

 

“How can I be attracted to someone who I only met a couple of times?”

 

“Are you sure?” Dongwoon asked.

 

“Of course I’m sure. Come, let’s just buy food from the restaurant downstairs. Aigoo, you’re the one who whined about being hungry but then you’re the one who forgot to buy food to eat”