Run

I will protect you

“So Dongwoon ah, did she reply to my letter?” Doojoon asked. Both Doojoon and Dongwoon are sitting at a table in the restaurant inside the company’s building.

 

“She didn’t say a thing about the letter. All she said after she received the letter was ‘here’s your coffee sir’ and that was it. Maybe she threw away the letter without even reading it” answered Dongwoon.

 

Doojoon sighed.

 

“Oh, she did say something weird. When I asked her to make the same drinks that spilled on her yesterday, her reply was off. She asked me who I am and if I’m going to hurt her” Dongwoon told.

 

“There’s definitely something going on. Are you done eating?” he changed the topic.

 

“Neh. Just left with the coffee” answered Dongwoon.

 

“Same here” Doojoon said and they both held their cups and drank their coffee. That’s when Doojoon saw something written under the paper cups.

 

“Yah yah yah Dongwoon ah” he called. “What?” Dongwoon stopped drinking and put his cup down.

 

“Give me your coffee” said Doojoon. “No way, it’s my favourite coffee, you have yours in your hand”

 

“Aniya Dongwoon ah. It’s not that, look underneath your cup” and so Dongwoon did. “Doojoonie, I was wrong. She did reply to your letter! Here, read this” Dongwoon passed his cup to Doojoon.

 

“It’s incomplete” Doojoon said and quickly lifted his coffee cup and there’s the other part of the letter.

 

“What does she said?” Dongwoon asked.

 

“Meet me at the Haru Park at 4pm and wait for me there. I can’t go home late” Doojoon spoke.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doojoon came out from the building and glanced at the coffee shop and saw you at the counter. You saw him too, the both of you exchanged glances and Doojoon started to walk away.

 

Since Doojoon is going with his car, you decided to end your shift early so that you could get to the park in time. After changing your clothes, you made your way outside and held a taxi.

 

You arrived to the park and saw Doojoon waiting at the swing.

 

“What is it that you wanted to talk about?” you asked.

 

“Do you see my bruised face?” he asked. You slightly nodded and looked away, afraid to hear what he is going to say next.

 

“I got it from your house” you looked up to him with wide eyes and took a step back. “What were you doing there? When?”

 

“You were acting weird yesterday so I followed you home just in case something happen but then I was the one who got hurt” Doojoon touched the mark on his cheekbone and looked at you looking afraid.

 

“I’m not a ert!” Doojoon quickly said because he thought you think of him that way.

His reaction made you giggled. He smiled at your cute laugh. “Do you trust me now?” Doojoon cautiously asked you as he took a careful one step to the front close to you.

 

“Who did that to you?” you asked, pointing at the punch mark on Doojoon’s face.

 

“I don’t know. The guy was masked. Ah, speaking of a guy, I noticed there was someone who was watching you work”

 

“Shh” you asked him to be quiet and panickly looking around and then you saw him, Junhyung.

 

“Op-oppa..” your voice was shaking. You quickly turned around to Doojoon and said “Run” but Doojoon just stood there looking at you. You looked backed to Junhyung and Doojoon followed your gaze and saw Junhyung too.

 

Junhyung makes his way, walking towards you and Doojoon. “Please! Run!” a tear escaped from your right eye.

 

Doojoon ran, he did.

 

He ran towards you, pulling your hand and quickly went into his car parked nearby. As Doojoon started his car, he looked at the mirror, seeing your brother running towards his car.

 

Doojoon was driving really fast that you closed your eyes and trying to stay calm.

 

Doojoon constantly look into his mirror in hope that he could escape from Junhyung chasing him. Junhyung is really good with the car, always behind you and Doojoon, not letting his eyes lose you.

 

They are now at a busy road, where cars will be flooding. He looked at the time, it was time for people to get off from work. Doojoon turned into the business buildings where he plans to disappear from Junhyung’s sight.

 

As cars started to come out from the parking basement, Doojoon saw the opportunity to escape so he hit the pedal hard and when Junhyung was about to catch up, cars are jamming the area and Junhyung is now stucked at his spot.

 

“We lost him” Doojoon spoke and you opened your eyes and let out the breath you’ve been holding.

 

“Are you okay?” Doojoon asked. “No. I can’t go home now. I’ll be dead… literally” you answered.

 

“I’m going to let you stay in my place” Doojoon offered. “No, it is wrong” you said.

 

“You have no where else to go. I’m sure you don’t bring a large sum of money to stay at a hotel and you don’t have close friends” Doojoon pointed. You tried to hold yourself from crying.

 

“I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings” Doojoon said.

 

“No, it’s okay. I’m not crying because of what you said” you replied and wiped away your tear.

 

“I’ll take care of you at my home. You said you trust me” Doojoon said. You just nodded.

 

You both arrived to his home and he escorts you towards his house. “You look pale” he said.

 

“I do? Oh, that must be because I’m too shock and scared and tired from the sudden running” you excused. He holds your arm as the both of you entered his house. That was the last thing you remembered because you fainted and lucky enough that Doojoon was there next to you to catch you before you kiss the floor.