Important Call

I will protect you

“So..... _____________ah” Doojoon started off slowly.

 

“Hmm?” you hummed, not diverting your gaze from the ad that’s been put at the side of the street in every 200 meters.

 

“Are you really okay with this wedding? I’m okay with it if you want it off” Doojoon said.

 

“I’m really fine with it. I agreed at it. I don’t think it’s right to back out after what happened today and I also met your parents” you said, turning your head towards him, driving.

 

“Oh yeah, I apologize if they ever make you feel uncomfortable. Ever” he said. You stifled a short laugh.

 

“Silly. They never did. Even if they do, it’s an okay uncomfortable type. One that doesn’t make my life feels… threaten” you gulped at the last word.

 

“I’ll keep you safe. I’ll hold onto my promise, forever. I mean, I am going to be your husband soon” he pretended to cough because he felt shy.

 

You smiled because he seems a bit childish. “I’m also sorry that you have to marry me. I hope you’re not disappointed at having a husband like me” he turned his head for a few seconds to see how you react to his thought.

 

“I never thought I would even get to know a guy if you didn’t save me” your soft voice, it melts Doojoon’s heart.

 

“I’m like her shining armor” Doojoon smiled to his thought and realized what he’s thinking. “I couldn’t be falling for her, could I? It must be because I’ve never meet someone like her before and I’m just attracted to….” He paused his thought and look at you, looking at him with your innocent face “…. Everything” his mind unconsciously finished his thought.

 

He takes a look at you again and noticed that you keep staring at the ad of an amusement park.

 

“_______________ ah” he called out for you.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Is it okay if we go to somewhere else before heading home?”

 

“Where to?”

 

“You’ll know when you see it” his replies are just scary. It sounded as if like he’s going to take you to somewhere you’re so familiar with, maybe the coffee shop or worse, your house. Without you knowing, you showed a terror face and when Doojoon turned his head to look at why you’re suddenly quiet, he realized he said something wrong.

 

“Don’t get me wrong ___________ ah. We’re just going to somewhere you might like. I just think we should give the place a little visit before getting married. It’s like a must for couples” Doojoon explained.

 

You blinked, not feeling scared anymore but confused. “Okay fine, not really a must but most couples go there and had fun. A lot” Doojoon gave a boyish smile, enough to get you trusting his words back.

 

Around half an hour later, you arrived to the supposed destination.

 

“It’s the amusement park!” you exclaimed with a hint of excitement in your voice.

 

“Yeah, I saw you looking at the advertisement before and I thought that you might haven’t been able to visit any amusement park” Doojoon reasoned. You smiled at him, “Thank you. I really appreciate it”

 

“It’s also my first time” Doojoon said. “What? Really? How is that possible?” you asked, curios.

 

“Because I’ve never had a girl friend to bring here. When I was a kid, my dad was always working and my mom wouldn’t go anywhere crowded without my dad. But now, I have you” he coughed at the last word because as soon as he finished his sentence, it felt too cheesy.

 

“Well, it is kind of nice to be here with you” you smiled.

 

“So tell me, what do you want to ride first?”

 

“The rollercoaster!” you answered instantly without giving it any thought.

 

“Wow, really? You’re not scared?” Doojoon was amazed by you.

 

“I won’t know until I try. Hey, what is that? What are they selling?” you pulled Doojoon’s hand and lead him to a gift shop. “This is so cute” you put a cute panda head band on Doojoon’s head. “It suits you well” you laughed.

 

Doojoon took a kitty head band and put it on you. “Now we’re even” he said. You look at your reflection in the mirror and unconsciously smiling. You took it from your head and was about to put it back to where it belongs but Doojoon stopped you. “You’re putting it back after I just paid for it?”

 

“You what? When?” you asked.

 

“Come on. Let’s ride the roller coaster now” Doojoon pulled your hand to where the roller coaster’s entrance is and there was a line but it wasn’t long.

 

“Excited?” he asked. “Yes. I can’t wait. You?” you asked.

 

“Don’t be shy to hold on me if you’re scared later” he said. “Next” the guy next to the gate said and it was you and Doojoon’s turn to enter the available empty seats.

 

Seconds later, the cart started to move slowly and gained speed really quickly. “Hey, this isn’t bad” you said to Doojoon. “Well, hold on tight because it’s going to get exciting”

 

Without you realizing, the cart was ascending slowly by this time and when you look to your front, you can see most of the game booths. You’re up so high. “Oh My God” you said right before the roller coaster fell rapidly down the path and you screamed.

 

“Doojoon ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!” your eyes were shut and you held Doojoon’s hand very tightly.

 

When the ride was over, you clutched your hand on your chest and asked “How come you’re not scared?”

 

“I did say that this is my first time going to an amusement park but I never say that I’ve never tried on the games that are here” Doojoon smiled. “So what’s next?”

 

“Umm, let’s rest before I try on any other heart attack rides”

 

“Why don’t you get some ice creams for us over there? I need to make an important call” Doojoon gave you his wallet. “I trust you with my wallet” he teased.

 

“I won’t run away, silly” and off you go buying treats.

 

Doojoon dialed some numbers on his phone and talked to the person on the other line “It’s Yoon Doojoon. I need help with something. You must finish them before I get home at around 2 hours. Ask for my home key at Dongwoon”

 

And Dongwoon spoke some other stuff seriously into the phone and hung up before you could get to him.

 

“Done with the important call? Here’s your ice cream. Where do you want to go next? I do not know all the games here”

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so so so so so so so sorry for not updating for such a long time. I was working part time while waiting for University ^^ and now I'm in Uni kekeke.