The Lies

I will protect you

“Omo, come here ___________ ah, you and I have a lot of things to do and especially you, you have a lot of dresses and styles to try on” said Mrs. Yoon as she pulled your hand and went towards the area where the wedding people are.

 

“Lets do your make up first and then your hair. After that, we shall try on the dresses!” Mrs. Yoon sounded excited so you just gave her a smile and she pulled you to sit down in front of a mirror at which your make up will be done.

 

“Mother-in-law, this is quite a preparation, all the people in charge are here” you started off. “Oh yes, I called everyone here so that it will be easy for you to experiment on the wedding stuff in one place. And also it saves our time from going around the city. The wedding is tomorrow right?” she asked.

 

“Yes, it is…” you trialed off as the person applies lipstick on you.

 

After a long time seemed to passed, your makeup and hair are done, Mrs. Yoon asked you to try on a dress and you went into a room she led you into.

 

You looked around the room with a single bed and a few picture frames on the bed side table. You changed into the dress given and looked into the standing mirror at the corner of the room. Then you went towards the picture frames and they were pictures of the same boy.

 

You heard the door opened and without looking to see who it is, you thought it was Doojoon’s mother so you spoke “Who is this cute boy?” as you hold one of the frame.

 

“That’s me” a man’s voice answered your question. You spun around in your wedding dress and the light coming from the window shone on you. To Doojoon, you looked like an angel.

 

“Doojoon. I thought it was your mother” you said.

 

“You’re beautiful” it escaped from his mouth. Before you could react to what Doojoon thought of you, his mother came into the room.

 

“You’re being such a spoiler Doojoonie, you shouldn’t be looking at her in the wedding dress with make up and hair done” she said and when she looked at you, she put both her hands on . “But he’s right, you’re really beautiful”

 

“Thank you” you bowed and said “This is all thanks to you” and it made Mrs. Yoon smile widely. “You’re such a sweety” she said.

 

“Oh yeah, when can we meet your parents?” she asked politely. You froze. “What to answer?” you thought.

 

“She doesn’t have any parents. Both of them were involved in a terrible car accident and didn’t make it out. She doesn’t have any brothers and sisters as she’s the only child” Doojoon answered. He lied but it was for the best.

 

“Oh, poor you” his mother said and went to hug you. When was the last time you felt such warm sincere hug? You shed a tear. Missing your mother even more and Mrs. Yoon’s hug was as welcoming as your mother’s.

 

“Oh no, don’t cry. You’re going to have a family soon” she pulled away from the hug and smiled. “Thank you” was all you could say.

 

“Now, shall we try on some other dresses? This one looks pretty on you but Doojoonie have seen it. So we must change. Your wedding look should be a surprise to the groom” she beamed.

 

“Okay, lets go” you and your mother in law, walking side by side to the door. When you passed by Doojoon, you glanced at him and he gave you the pity look.

 

“Omma, I need to speak with her. Why don’t you wait for her downstairs?” he asked. His mother replied “Well, sure” she left the room.

 

“Are you okay?” Doojoon instantly ask you the moment his mother disappeared from the sight.

 

“Yes, I am” you answered. He went closer to you and held both your arm. “Honestly…” he said.

 

“Your mother, she reminds me a lot about my mom. The way she hugged me, I have never felt such warm welcome after my mother’s death. It’s been so long that I’ve forgotten how it feels like or whether people still do that. I just wish that the sincere hug would last” you blurted out your feelings that’s growing and burning inside of you.

 

Just when you’re vulnerable, Doojoon pulled you by the arm and hug you. You were surprised at first but then you’ve got your wish and so you hug him back, feeling so calm as you breathe in his scent. Forgetting that his mother is waiting for you downstairs, she went up to check on the two of you.

 

When she saw you two were hugging sweetly, she quietly backed off the door and left the two of you some more alone time.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Son, about the wedding tomorrow” Doojoon’s father said.

 

“What about it?” Doojoon asked. “When people with big names, like us, well known to other people… when we get married, pictures will be sent to newspapers” his father paused but before he could say anything else, Doojoon interrupted.

 

“I don’t want that to happen. I told mom that I wanted to have a really private wedding” he said.

 

“Good. I don’t want the wedding picture to be shown to other people as well. I just don’t understand why we have to show it to people. It’s like we’re promoting ourselves” his father said.

 

“I agree” said Doojoon, but his real reason why he doesn’t want the wedding pictures to be shown is to protect you and to hide you from your father knowing where you are and who you’re with.

 

“Why didn’t you tell us about her before?” his father asked. This is one question that Doojoon isn’t prepared to answer.

 

“Uhhh”

 

“Because we were not sure whether we’re going to last in our relationship or not. We don’t want to introduce me to anyone before we’re really getting official with each other” Doojoon turned around to see you standing at the door with your normal clothes back on and also your normal hair and a clean face with no make up.

 

“The both of us didn’t know how much we love each other until father and mother in law came to the house and mentioned about marriage” you came into the room and crossed your arm over Doojoon’s arm, acting like a real couple.

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

you know what? since i happen to finish the 11th chapter, i'll just post it then so that my readers won't have to wait long <3