Together

I will protect you

“Will I have the honor to our first dance?” Doojoon held his hand out for you to reach, which you did.

 

While moving your bodies in unison, following the slow music playing, there was nothing but silence as some people are watching you dance and soon after, few join you.

 

“Nice vow. You planned it last night?” Doojoon asked.

 

“I didn’t. Just like you, it was from scratch”

 

“How’d you think of it?”

 

“I didn’t. I didn’t think, I just let the words go”

 

“Did you mean it?” he’s making you nervous.

 

“How about you?” you ask back. He just stares at you and what felt like the whole minute, he finally says “With all my heart, it was true”

                                                                                     

“Do you… like me?” you asked. All he was able to do was to give you a worried smile but said nothing. The both of you still continued dancing, swaying to the rhythm. After the ceremony finished, everyone was ready to go home, the both of you and also your parents bid goodbye to your wedding guests and eventually went home as well.

 

“The event went well” said your new mother.

 

“It did. All thanks to you” you went to give your mother a grateful hug.

 

“Oww… Our Doojoonie surely did pick the right lady to marry” she commented. You and Doojoon exchanged an awkward glances to each other.

 

“Well, your father and I better get going home now. Enjoy your first night” she said before entering the car along with her husband who chuckled at his wife joke.

 

“Omma~” Doojoon was embarrassed.

 

When the two of you reached home, Doojoon said “We’ll still sleep in separate rooms, if that’s what you want”

 

“Yeah… sure…” still feeling awkward with each other.

 

“Goodnight….” Doojoon said to you as you slowly close your room door. “Goodnight…” you replied.

 

After taking a shower and nothing else to do but feeling like resting after a tiring day. The both of you decided to go to sleep. You fell asleep with the thought of your brother showing himself up at your wedding earlier that day. Glad that he didn’t ruin your day and was having thoughts that something else could have happened in Junhyung’s presence.

 

He could drag you forcefully out the wedding hall and gave you away to your evil father. He could kidnap you when you were alone in your dressing room and no one would know where you’re at. He could blackmail Doojoon’s family at that moment in front of the crowd. He could kill anyone in the wedding hall, he could kill Doojoon.

 

The imagination of him shooting Doojoon at the head, freaks you out that you woke up from your sleep in shock. Feeling unwell about your dream, you head for the door, planning to take some fresh air to clear your mind away.

 

Meanwhile, Doojoon was unable to sleep because his indirect unexpected confession had left him really worried and nervous about how you will now view him. After an hour of lying on the bed, staring at the plain ceiling, he couldn’t just take the stillness anymore and jumped out of his bed to go and talk to you.

 

The moment he reaches your room door, he had second thoughts. You might be asleep inside and he didn’t want to disturb your rest. He wandered in front of your room, walking fro and backwards, in repeat. The minute he just couldn’t stand it anymore, he was milliseconds away from knocking on your door when suddenly is opens up wide.

 

The both of you jumped a little backwards and awkwardness fills the air once again.

 

“You’re still awake?” he breaks the silence.

 

“I woke up”

 

“Oh. I’m sorry. Did I wake you up?”

 

“No. it wasn’t you. I had a terrible nightmare” the moment you said that, you dream repeated in your mind where Junhyung shot your husband’s head. You cringed at your dream.

 

“It was really that bad?” he asked and you nodded.

 

“What were you doing here outside my room?” you asked.

 

“I wanted to talk to you about what I said when we were dancing and also about my mother’s comment” he went to the sofa and sat there, patting the empty space next to him, asking you to sit there.

 

“Don’t take me the wrong way…” he said. “You really are the only girl I have conversed with in such a long time. You’re really nice and beautiful, I’m helplessly fell… for you… I hope you don’t avoid me”

 

You let a short laugh and went to sit on the floor as you rest your back to the sofa where Doojoon is sitting. “I’m not going to and I know your mother was only joking, she’s really funny” you said.

 

He joined you sitting on the floor and asked “Why not?”

 

You look at him, who is sitting to you right. “Because I trust you. I really meant what I said in my vow. And also, we got married for a lot of reasons and we’re in this together so I won’t just leave you for something like that” you gave him an assuring smile.

 

“You’re going back to sleep soon?” he asked.

 

“Uhh… why don’t we stay here for a while and get to know each other since we’re married now” you gave an excuse to escape from going back to your dream.

 

“What do you want to know about me?” he asked.

 

You both went on talking comfortably with each other and didn’t realize how time passed by. Slowly, from sitting position, the two of you lay down on the floor, staring at the ceilings as you talk. Not wanting to leave the living room from having fun with each other, the both of you slowly drifted off to sleep. Together. In the living room. On the floor. Until morning comes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Did you guys waited long for my update? :/