First Day Trainee

Getting Over You

“You better remember me when you become an idol,” Hannah laughed as she sat on the counter of  the cafe she works at. It was already 10 pm and the cafe has already closed. Hannah’s job of counting the money and putting up all the chairs on the table was done. She can go home, but everyday of the last week and a half since she has been working at the cafe, she is walked home by Luhan every night because apparently it’s dangerous for a pretty girl like her to be walking this late. So here she was sitting on the counter watching Luhan clean the floor with the mop, waiting for him to finish so they can lock up the cafe and finally go home. 

 

“I might,” Hannah teased stopping Luhan from finish his last task. He glared at Hannah angrily,

 

“No you have to, if it wasn’t for me you’d be dead by now!”

“Dead? That’s a bit extreme don’t you think?” Hannah chuckled, she doesn’t know why she find’s the boy so amusing to talk to. On a plus side, he’s also attractive too.  “Well I walk you home every night after your shift, if it’s not for me someone could have kidnapped. Hasn’t anyone told you that girls shouldn’t walk at night by themselves. Especially a pretty girl like you, you would have been destroyed in minutes,”

She didn’t know whether to take it as a compliment or not, but she did see how worried Luhan looked explaining to her. Even though he made a ist statement, or indirectly calling her weak, all Hannah cared about was the fact that Luhan called her pretty.
“Fine I owe it to you,” Hannah continued. “I will mention you on my first album,” 

 

“All the albums you will ever take part in and you thank you speech when you get your first win on Music Core,” Luhan added.

“Why only music core? There are other music shows,” Hannah reminded. 

 

“I like Music Core, is that a problem?” Luhan raised a brow. 

 

“I bet you like Music Core because Girls Generation TTS are hosting it,”

“How did you know?” Luhan asked about Hannah’s prediction. 

 

“Ahh you see Minho use to only watch Music Core only because his bias is Tiffany,” Hannah explained. It was odd, it was the first time Minho’s name escaped out of her thoughts and lips in awhile. Never has she mentioned to anyone his name, even at school when her school mates asked her about Busan guys and if they are just as nasty as they are on TV. She would have said yes, but not her Minho. But ever so, she didn’t even mention him to anyone. Even though she had many chances too, she never did which the reason being unknown to her. 

 

“Who’s Minho?” Luhan snapped Hannah out of her trance. Already living in Seoul for almost four weeks and Hannah has hardly thought about Minho. Sure she has dreams about him, and sometimes he would come to mind when she sees something that reminds her of him. However, her thoughts about him are not the same as before, and her feelings may have changed about him.

 

Minho was just a forgotten country boy, as Hannah has been exposed to much more in Seoul. Something Minho has always been afraid off. “He’s just a friend,” Hannah said without second thoughts. Friend? Never were her and Minho friends, even from the moment they met, Minho already was making a move on her. Referring Minho as a friend was shocking to her, it was a slip of a tounge maybe to finally get rid of the trail she left behind from Seoul.  

 

“Ahh speaking of Girls Generation, I bet tomorrow you’ll meet them or at least one celebrity,” Luhan carried on with the mopping, after all Minho was just a friend... “I don’t think I’ll meet anyone famous on my first day of being a trainee,” Hannah explained. 

 

“Please these SM celebrities practice too, where do you think they practice? You’ll be in the same building as one of them,” Hannah continued to shake her head. Celebrities are known for busy schedules, what would they be doing at their entertainment when they could be resting, or attending another schedule. Sure that’s where they practice but as Aria has mentioned before, no one from SM is not planning to have a comeback in the next few months. It’s very doubtful Hannah will see an idol. “Fine I’ll bet you 20,000 won ($20 US Dollars) that you will,” Luhan betted as he store the mop back at the back room and came back to grab a chair in front of Hannah. “Fine, get your 20,000 won ready,” 

 

“And if you meet my bias Taeyeon, you owe me dinner,” Luhan said so shyly. Asking Hannah out, it seemed like a friendly gimmick but with Luhan’s shyness she could see that it wasn’t just a friendly meeting he was talking about. “Are you asking me out?” Hannah too acted shyly but she needed to know, it was a conronting question she wish it wasn't so embarrassing. “Maybe,” 

 

A loud sound of unbearable things falling in the back room was heard, “I must of not place the mop right, I’ll fix it and afterwards we can go?”  Hannah nodded as her eyes followed Luhan to the back room. Hannah got off the counter and continued to do some small cleaning before Luhan called her to help him out. “What happened here?” Hannah was afflicted to see all the heavy boxes was seen on the ground. The weirdest part of all, the mop was standing an upright position on the wall having nothing to do with the stuff falling on the ground. “How?” Hannah asked in confusion. 

“I don’t know,” luckily the storage that fell were just coffee bags, boxes of straws, spoons, napkins and other unbreakable things. But it was still odd that these heavy weighted box manage to fall to the ground without any force  on them. 

 

"I can only have you"

“Minho?” Hannah heard Minho’s voice loud and clear running through her head.

“What?” Luhan asked as he was crouching from the ground picking up the fallen boxes. Hannah shook her head and decided to help Luhan, “Nothing, I was just thinking about something. I can help you and we can leave after?” Luhan nodded at Hannah’s suggestion. Hannah ignored the thought of Minho’s voice appearing in her head. Minho or not, it wasn't her priority right now.

 

— 

 

With the weird happenings from the night before kept her awake the whole night wondering what exactly is going. Entering the company with Aria and Cookie woke her excitement. She was put in dance class first, and as an introduction she danced for the class amazing her fellow trainees. It didn’t take long for her to be liked. Classic Choi Hannah, always great when it comes to amazing people and at first impressions. A dance class was all on her schedule for the day, but that didn’t mean she could stop for a rest. Hannah went down to the basement after dance class, and locked herself in one of the rooms. 

 

She admits that she’s a bit tired, but still she needed to practice some more. So she decided to do some singing and then attend to her shift at the cafe where she can finish her home work as no one rarely enters the cafe anyway. 

 

For an hour she practiced singing a song her vocal teacher from Busan taught her, having so much fun an hour already went by and it was time for her to go to work. When leaving the room she was approached by the girl standing next to the door. “Omg,” Hannah couldn’t contain her feels. 

 

“That was you singing back there?” Hannah nodded as the idol spoke to her,

“And your, Hwang Tiffany” Hannah said in star struck as she bowed and bowed respecting the idol. Luhan was right she did end up seeing a celebrity on her first day. “The trainees are telling me that theres this new amazing trainee, I wanted to make sure that I was the first to meet you, they told me to find you here. I guess I found you,” Hannah examine that Tiffany was just as perky as she is on TV. This was the first time for Hannah to meet an idol outside her TV box, of course she was star struck. Tiffany was much smaller in real life but so flawless maybe even prettier in real life. “You’re amazing, keep it up,” Tiffany smiled making her eyes go along with it. “I have to go now, I just wanted to introduce myself and meet you. But I will definitely see you around, welcome to SM,” Tiffany gave the Hannah one last smile and took off. 

 

It took a few seconds for Hannah to come to the ends that she just met an idol, not just an idol a SNSD member. 

 

—-

 

“Hey how isfirst day of being a trainee?” Luhan asked as he stood behind the counter of the coffee shop cleaning some wet cups with a rag. Hannah came into the cafe and without doing anything else she got out her wallet and took out 20,000 won. “I met Tiffany,” Luhan put on a disappointed face on confusing Hannah. “I said I met Tiffany, shouldn’t you be glad that you’re getting 20,000 won?” Hannah asked putting the money closer to Luhan. Luhan just looking at it not making any slight movement, “I don’t want money,” Luhan explained. 

 

Hannah couldn’t help but notice how much Luhan looked like a kid. Sure his baby features gave him a younger look, but when he looks disappointed he can surely pass up for a kid. The girl found it cute, yet attractive. “What do you want then?” Hannah chuckled at Luhan’s cuteness.

“I wanted you to meet Taeyeon,” 

 

Taeyeon? Why would you meet-“ Hannah stopped herself when she remembered the bet she made with Luhan.

 

 

Fine I’ll bet you 20,000 won that you will,” Luhan betted as he store the mop back at the back room and came back to grab a chair in front of Hannah. “Fine, get your 20,000 won ready,” 

 

“And if you meet my bias Taeyeon, you owe me dinner,” Luhan said so shyly. Asking Hannah out, it seemed like a friendly gimmick but with Luhan’s shyness she could see that it wasn’t just a friendly meeting. “Are you asking me out?” Hannah too acted shyly but she needed to know.

“Maybe,” 

 

 

“You want to-“ Hannah stopped due to her being embarrass. She has never been asked out because everyone knew she belongs to Minho, and Minho would kill them if they even have a thought of asking Hannah out. The only situation she has been in was when Minho asked her out in fornt of the whole school at the cafeteria. The only difference from then and now is that, she knew Minho was going to ask her out, with Luhan. It came out of nowhere. It was a great feeling that the Luhan wants to date her, asking her out indirectly made her want to go on a date with him.

 

“Yeah I do,” Luhan smiled, “Unless you don’t want to because that's totally cool,”

“No no, I want to,” Hannah smiled making Luhan smile. 

 

 

So far Seoul has been great to her. 

 

Minho is already forgotten

Because the girl already got a taste of Seoul. 


You may not see me, but I can see you. I may be dead but you can still see me in your dreams tonight.