Nightmares

Getting Over You

nightmare |ˈnʌɪtmɛː|
1 a frightening or unpleasant dream. I had nightmares after watching the horror movie.
2 a very unpleasant or frightening experience or prospect: the nightmare of racial hatred | developing thunderclouds are a balloonist's worst nightmare.

• a person or situation that is very difficult to deal with: buying wine can be a nightmare if you don't know enough about it.
 

 

It wasn’t the first time Hannah has experienced a nightmare, when she was a kid she would always have them all the time, but they were about monsters, ghost unrealistic things. Lately Hannah has been having nightmares, these weren’t about monsters hiding underneath her bed, or friendly ghost. It was about realistic things that Hannah could actually see happening, Minho’s death. Which is much scarier then monsters, it was realistic and the fact that she cares for Minho it did scare her. Is this meant to be a sign? Hannah doesn’t know, sure she has moved on, she is happy with her new boyfriend but still, Minho is her first love, her first boyfriend. Minho’s safety did frighten her, and suddenly she started to miss him. Not the title they once were, but his human self, his adorable personality, his warm heart and his bossy personality. Hannah suddenly missed it.

Suddenly Hannah woke up from another awful dream, she took her phone underneath her pillow to check the time. After being at the company for 5 hours, she had an early night falling asleep at 8pm but because of this dream she woke up at 9:30pm. Thanks to this realistic nightmare she is unable to sleep. Well she can sleep anytime she wants but she’s just to afraid to, just incase she gets the same nightmare. She didn’t take a second guess but to text Luhan, she explain to him her situation. She is blessed to have Luhan who is understanding.

 

Within minutes she heard a knock on her door, it was Luhan. “What are you doing here?” Hannah was surprised to see her boyfriend stand right in front of her in this late hour. “I just finished my shift at the cafe, you told me you can’t sleep?” Hannah nodded, thankfully she now has Luhan to keep her company. “Do you want me to stay with you?” Hannah nodded shyly, she hates burdening people. Knowing that Luhan not only has class in the morning, he also needs his sleep after finishing a shift at the cafe. Hannah doesn’t mean to be selfish but she needed Luhan at the moment, the thought f it was still trembling in her mind. Luckily Luhan wanted to spend time with her and accepted Hannah’s wish.

“Are your roommates here?” Luhan asked, Hannah nodded again. Somehow she can’t seem tog et words out of . She is still scarred from the nightmare of Minho. “I don’t think they would like me to stay here, last time I could feel they don’t want me here. Let’s come back to mine?” They always spent time either at the cafe or at Hannah’s dorm where she has to sneak him in most of the time because her other roommates hate having male guest. Going to Luhan’s for the first time was nerve wreaking, but she trust Luhan to not pull anything on her when she’s not ready just yet. Still, Hannah needed his comfort and if going to Luhan’s is the way then she shall go. 

 

—-

After taking a taxi straight to Luhan’s loft, they arrived at his place. It was very opened space, it didn’t have a proper door, it had one of those roller doors. It was dark still with the lights on, it looked like one of those artsy rooms in American movies, it was so Luhan’s style. The only room there was was the bathroom which was very small, one side was the kitchen, the other was bed and the other side was a little photography studio. Hannah liked it, it may be small but it was very warm. “Sorry it isn’t much, it’s all I can afford,” Hannah shook her head, it was perfectly fine. The loft was on ground floor, apparently the owner of this is some rich Chinese business man who owns the building of apartments on top of Luhan’s loft. He usually rents this out and somehow Luhan found it. The rent is cheap considering it is small and is a loft, but it was perfectly fine for Luhan. He didn’t care where he lived as long as he has his little photography studio he was find with that.

“From now on you can come here whenever you want, I’ll give you the keys. You can sleep here tonight and I can take you back home before school,” Hannah nodded as Luhan continued to show her around. He was pretty nervous, actually both are. Hannah has never been into an older man’s house by herself, yet never had a boyfriend much older then her. Luhan on the other hand has had many girlfriends, but never has he let them into his loft. Even though he has dated girls longer then he is dating Hannah, Hannah is still special enough to get the keys to his loft. “You can sleep over there, I’ll be at my photo studio if you need my help,” Luhan pointed towards the bed which Hannah went towards to. She was sleepy, before she couldn’t even close her eyes because of fear but now knowing Luhan is only meters away she isn’t so afraid of everything anymore. She knows Luhan is there to protect her.

The girl just kept her eyes closed, she didn’t sleep she couldn’t because she's too excited knowing Luhan is only meters away from her. With little glimpse through the cracks of her eyes she watched her boyfriend doing his thing, enjoying his work. She watched how Luhan worked hard on the hobby he loves doing, watching him made him much more attractive, as through his work Hannah could see how passionate he was. She closed her eyes attempting to sleep once again, it was late and Hannah needed too. 

 

A few minutes later she felt another figure lie next to her reaching their arms over her body. “It’s me, don’t worry,” Luhan whispered in her ears. His voice was so melodic, his touches were warm she felt safe in his arms and no one can touch her. Hannah embraced his presents as she continued to let him embrace her, “Luhan?” 

 

“Yes,” Luhan whispered back.

“Would you like to come to Busan with me this Christmas and meet my family?” It was a serious question, her family means to her and now with a new beau in her arms she wanted to show him off. “Yes, if you come to China with me after,” Even Luhan wanted to show off his new girl to his parents. Sure he hasn’t reached his big break in photography yet, but Hannah was a metaphor of his happiness and a great life he is living which is a big rude finger to his family in China. He wants to show her off, to show that there is someone out there supporting him on his dream.

That night the two slept together in that position, and woke up the next day in each others arms. For Hannah it felt good to love someone new, suddenly all her nightmares were gone.

 

 

 

 



 

Authors note

Another short fluff chapter, sorry but this is the last fluff chapter before something goes down, involves Hannah's parents, Hannah and Minho. Can't wait to write it.