China

Getting Over You

“How are you feeling Hannah?” Hannah nodded, honestly she so many mixed feelings. Going to a therapist each week to record her progress. It’s been a month since she found out about Minho’s death, slowly the guilt is fading but the burden of Minho is still there every time she looks at something that reminds her of him. However, being an SM trainee, a part time waitress, a high school student and a girlfriend of a photographer is distracting her from Minho.

Finally she has time to focus on her future, her dreams without Minho from stopping her or making her feel bad. The therapist is actually helping her, it Luhan and the others may help her get distracted from the issue but the therapist lets her express her feeling. She is able to pour out emotions and thoughts and somehow it makes her feel better.

In a month Hannah’s life went from great, to bad to great again. Like a crazy roller coaster. She is doing very well in school and being a trainee, she is earning money well and her boyfriend still keeps her grounded. “I’m feeling great, no more nightmares,” Hannah explained as she explains in a room she feels most comfortable at. Her therapist room.

“That’s great,” the therapist wrote down on her clipboard, “Have you been taking your meds?” Hannah nodded. The medication she is taking is helping her with her anxiety. With the right help Hannah is doing much better then she is a few months ago. The support from her friends and family but large portion of it is Luhan’s portion. He is the one who convinced Hannah and her parents take Hannah to a therapist.

Hannah has formed a great relationship with her therapist that their sessions included casual talks, rather then serious ones. So when Hannah stood up to leave, she left the room in a happy vibe. Suddenly, Tuesday afternoons became her favourite day.

She got the day off work so she went to Luhan’s loft where he is working on his new project. She sat with him as he edited pictures on his computer. “Hey what is this?” Hannah pointed to the screen of a pretty girl. The pretty girl wasn’t her, actually the girl wouldn’t even be considered as pretty. Her regrowth was bad, she was super skinny with her and s out for the camera wearing nothing but a bikini. Suddenly Luhan minimised the screen and started to laugh knowing he just got caught.

“I thought you are taking pictures for a restaurant down the road?” Hannah cross her arms as she stood from ehr chair and stood infront of Luhan. Her boyfriend took by the waist and brought her closer to him. “How was your session today?” He asked trying to change the subject.

“No don’t the subject now? Why would there be half woman on your computer screen?” Luhan sighed knowing he has been caught and that telling the truth will lead him out of this death staring match with his girlfriend. “For extra cash I photograph for models,” Hannah’s eyes widden. What her boyfriend is exposed to half woman as his second job. She knows Luhan needs the money, but letting him be surrounded by half woman Hannah didn’t like. Especially when her boyfriend looks so attractive like him.

“Come on,” Hannah didn’t speak still trying to think of what to say to her boyfriend. Luhan had to be the one to speak up. “You’re still my favourite model,” Luhan reminded the girl the time she to model for him. Luhan then let go of his hold on his girl and grabbed his Polaroid camera across from the desk. He took a photo of an angry looking Hannah. Even when you’re mad, you still look y,” how could Hannah be mad at a compliment like that.

This was a job after all, she thought about it more and realize the more money Luhan earns the more time he can spend taking her out. “It’s just a job Hannah,” he took another photo of his girlfriend, which this time her face has eased a bit. “Prove it,” she whispered as she leaned forward leaning her head on his forehead.

“Come to Chine with me,” Suddenly Hannah pulled her head away. What exactly was Luhan implying. “What do you mean?” she asked.

“I think it’s time to go back home, I miss my family. I want you to come for support and show off my success in korea, which is you.” Hannah smiled at Luhan’s preposition. “You’re on semester break at school, so I think it’s a perfect time to go,” Hannah nodded.

“So will you come, I want to show you off to my family,” it’s like Luhan is reading her mind. For awhile Hannah wished Luhan got a long with his family so he can introduced him to her. Now that Luhan is willing to go to China to show her off then she is willing to do so. Hannah nodded in response to Luhan’s question. “I am so willing to go!” and the next day Luhan and Hannah packed for China, for their departure the week after. 

 

—-

“Nervous?” Hannah asked her boyfriend as they arrived in China one fine morning and in their cab to Luhan’s parent’s place. “No not really,” he took the girl’s hand. She noticed he was extra fidgety, so let Luhan hold her hand. It’s only normal for him to feel nervous, especially coming back to a family that doesn’t appeal to him. However Hannah being there did lighten his spirits a bit.

They arrived to a big wealthy house, Hannah could tell it was worth plenty wight he way it is formed. They got off and walked in together. The house that once welcomes him after school, didn’t feel so welcoming anymore. But he wasn’t there to make amends, he was there to show of his success, Hannah. The success that his family did not believe that Luhan wouldn’t not find. Ironically, Luhan did find happiness and success with Hannah. He is happily in love, living in a perfect loft, enough money for himself and a two jobs as a barrista and a photographer which he earning a lot of love from.

“You can do it,” Hannah held on Luhan’s hand and together they knocked on the door which an elder lady answered. “Luhan?”

“Mum?”

Hannah noticed how the lady’s eyes captured Luhan’s, the way her face lightened up after seeing her son after years of non contact showed how much she missed him. “What is..” Luhan’s father came into the scene to find the situation they have in front of them. Luckily being a trainee gives opportunities to learn different languages, Hannah got to learn Chinese and also having a Chinese boyfriend around makes Chinese much more easier.

“Mum, dad, meet my girlfriend, Choi Hannah.”

 

 



 

Authors note:
Theres about 2 more chapters left :( Thank you for all the subs! Please contiune reading until the last chapter