Goodbye's

Getting Over You

“I called him, I message him and still he refuses to answer his phone!” Hannah grew in worry as she paced back and forth in her room. Sitting on her bed is Ji Min who has been trying to calm her down all week. Two weeks ago Hannah was avoiding Minho but now it’s the other way round, Hannah is the one being avoided from. The feeling wasn’t great, as the silence of Minho lingered on serving her some anxiety of what Minho is really thinking. “He’s still mad, you need to give him some time to think about it,” Ji Min suggested. Hannah was impatient, she was needed to know what Minho wants, “Three days! I’ve given him three days to think about it and he still needs time?”

The couple haven’t spoken since Hannah revealed her destine to go to Seoul. She was left at the cafeteria table when her boyfriend stormed out of the venue. “I’m scared,” Hannah cried to her best friend showing her the fear that engross through her body. “Scared of what?” Ji Min was somewhat confused as to what Hannah was referring to. Never has she seen Hannah so scared, so contained with anxiety and terror. “That he’ll leave me,” Ji Min knew how sentimental Minho is to Hannah, but Hannah is meant to venture out and follow her dream, while Minho is meant to proceed with his studies. Ji Min needed to tell her best friend that it will never work when both parties of the relationship is meant to venture out in their own pathway.

“Hannah-“

“I know you’re going to tell me that we aren’t meant to be if I am trying to be this idol I preserve to be. Ji Min understand that I love this boy, and what I said at the cafeteria is something I truly regret. I love Minho and I am going to regret this SM offer and I will go to Seoul with him when we have the money.” Ji Min was surprise to hear this from fighter that was once in Hannah. Hannah has changed and she could see that through the remains of Minho’s brainwashing.

Minho was a great guy and hell did he treat his girl like a princess, but Ji Min hated how controlling he was. Never did he let Hannah decision make for herself, everything had to be run by Minho first. It was sad to see how Minho has made a negative influence in her life. It was sad to see the girl who once dreamed about standing on stage was willing to give it all up. Disappointing as it is, Ji Min watched her best friend pour blood, sweat and tears in the past years. She watched Hannah go to singing classes then playing at the playground with the other children, or staying out late residing her dance chorography instead of staying out late at parties like other teenagers did. Hannah never really had a life, not until she began dating Minho who became a bad influence on her. “Hannah you’re crazy!” Ji Min sat her best friend down on the bed, “You’re only saying this because you’re feeling guilty with what you said with Minho. Think about it, think about the others that want it just as bad as you do, think about your parents and what they would say about this decision, will they be proud of you?”

It was hard, what is Hannah supposed to do?  She may get another chance to shine as a K-pop idol but not as big as she will be in SM Entertainment if ever she debuts there, luck will only predict her popularity. Again, finding love in the big city is possible to, probably not as great as the love she will ever share with Minho. It was all confusing, not every 19 year olds deal with. She needed help, she needed guidance, she needed her parents direction.

---
Mr and Mrs Choi remained silent looking at their perfect daughter who just explained her dilemma. “I don’t know what to do,” Hannah embarrassingly admitted. 

“Honey this is the biggest entertainment!” Hannah’s mother emphasized. “You can be a piece of gum and still they have the ability to make you famous.”

“Dad?” Hannah asked her father for some advice, hearing enough from her mother’s point of veiw. The middle age man took of his glasses and softly threw it on the table, gliding across the surface. He leaned back and massaged his temples, he looked pissed. “Hannah, you are a very intelligent girl and what you just said just made me disappointed in you,”

“What?”

“You know the struggles we made just so you can attend the best acting class, best singing class, best dance class. I worked two jobs to pay for your dancing costume. Your mother would wait until late in the early morning until you finish rehearsing. Han, your mother and I have been working hard to achieve your dream and I am disappoint yet repelled that you are planning on choosing to decline this amazing opportunity for a boy.” Hannah’s father continued. “But it’s your choice you can do what you want to do because at the end of the day it’s your choice and your mother and I are just here for support. But Hannah it’s a waste, your mother and I worked hard for nothing.”

Hannah was reminded of not only her hard work but her parents to, making her decision a much harder one. Hannah isn’t rich, at the start her father was an unsuccessful business man while her mother wok 2-4 part time jobs helping her husband pay for Hannah’s dancing bills. For a period of time the Choi family went into hardship but still tried their best to support Hannah in her dream.

As a little girl Hannah would watch her parents work hard for her to afford her to go to dance class, singing classes, modelling classes and acting classes. Luckily, Mr Choi finally gain success and wealth went into their manor. Not only she wants to be known as an idol, she also wants to be an idol to pay the big depth she has with her parents. Never again does she wants to see her parents struggle to find the money to pay her dance schools.

It’s sad that Minho distracted her from dreams and desires. Being with Minho he always wanted her to put him first, he never understood why Hannah wanted to do what she did and it took him awhile to accept that this is her life style but never will he understand the struggle her parents went to, to achieve Hannah’s dream.  Love blinded her, and thanks to her parents she was reminded of her purpose, her dream.

---

“Give this to him,” Hannah gave a sealed envelope to Ji Min. “He needs to get this,”

“I will don’t worry,” Ji Min gave her best friend a long hug not knowing when she will see her again. “Go out there, and show them Choi Hannah,”

“Thank you Ji Min for being the bestest friend,” Hannah tried not to cry but her best friend beat her to it. Already Ji Min was in tears as she says her goodbyes to the girl she grew up with. Not only Hannah was her best friend, she was pretty much her sister. Ji Min Let go of Hannah to give her a chance to say goodbye to her parents. “Honey,” Hannah dug herself into her parent’s embrace.

Letting go of the last embrace, Hannah found herself in tears after promising she wouldn’t share a tear.
“I knew this day was going to come,” Hannah’s dad patted his daughters head feeling proud and accomplish. It’s like all the work he has done for his daughter is worth it. 

“Thank you for your support and your drive, I wouldn’t have made it without you both,” Hannah held on her mother’s hand who was very teary seeing her only daughter go away to a land without anyone to help her. “Just go out there and chase your dream,” her father advised.

“I will,” Hannah smiled knowing she’s almost there but yet so far away.

The announcement over the speakers declaring Hannah’s train to Seoul is off to departure. For years Hannah has been dreaming about her departure at Busan train station, never did she think this day would come. The chapter of her life in Busan is over, and now it was time to start a new chapter in Seoul. It was sad leaving the place she has been familiarized but it had to be done, she didn’t follow her heart she followed the right thing to do, and the right thing was to follow her dream. There was still some unfinished business with Minho, but sending her thoughts in a letter did she think that it will all come to its conclusion. Little did she know it followed her on the train and all the way to her new life in Seoul. 

---
“She left?” Minho almost roared making Ji Min flinch. Ji Min met up with Minho at a nearby park after dropping her best friend at the train station. As promised Ji Min gave the letter to Minho from Hannah. The boy read the first sentence and automatically he knew it was a goodbye letter from his girlfriend. He threw the letter forcefully to the ground showing his reaction to the letter. He didn’t know what to do, he’s too afraid to lose her, and now that she is going to be out his touch he can’t mentally prepare himself to not see heron a regular bases.

As a human being, Minho had needs. He needs Hannah enable to function properly. His love for her is so intoxicating, hallucinogenic and obsessive. No can understand the love the two teenagers share, but Minho can say that it is a lot.

“Where is she now?” Minho angrily asked. Before Ji Min met up with Minho to give the letter, she received a call from her best friend telling her that her train has been delayed for a couple of hours so she is stranded at the train station. Ji Min agreed to meet up with her after she finishes her business with Minho to keep her company. “Where is she now!!” Minho yelled louder when Ji Min didn’t respond. In fear she quickly responded, “Shes-she at the train station.”

That’s all Minho wanted to hear, it was enough for him to come up with a crazy idea to chase her. He took out his keys and automatically Ji Min knew exactly what Minho is doing.

“You can’t,” Ji Min protested.

“And why not?”

“Because Hannah doesn’t want you to follow her, it’s going to be harder for her to say goodbye,” Ji Min explained, repeating her best friend’s words.

“I’m not going to see her to fib her goodbye, I’m going to see her to make her stay,” Thanks to Minho, Hannah’s plan is destroy. The reason of leaving her goodbyes in a letter is so she would have the advantage of not meet him again, so she can never contemplate on staying. Hannah knew that Minho had a strong ability to make her stay.

Ji Min tried to stop Minho from leaving, she even cling onto his artery. But Minho’s strong fold manage to get out of Ji Min’s hold. He was stronger and faster, before Ji Min could get a hold on him again because he manage to reach his car with Ji Min distant from him. Ji Min watched Minho drive in the direction of the train station.

“Ah Minho is running her plan!” Ji Min sighed to herself, cursing to herself that she let Minho fear her into telling him where Hannah is. She took out her phone to warn Hannah about Minho but after reaching her answering machine, Hannah was unavailable to get a hold of. After a few attempts of contacting Hannah, Ji Min gave up. The only thing Ji Min can do now is pray that Hannah has gotten on a train.

Ji Min sighed hoping all the best. She really wanted the best for her best friend, and in her opinion going to Seoul to achieve her dream was the best for her. She didn’t understand the love between Hannah and Minho, all she knows is that this is just a high school relationship that won’t last. Ji Min picked up her bag and prepared to leave but her feet stop walking when she came across the letter Minho threw on the ground. Ji Min picked up and placed it safely in her bag to keep as a future reference.

 



To Minho,

When you’re reading this I’ll be on a train to Seoul following my dreams. I got recruited at SM Entertainment, turns out they actually liked me. I’ll be finishing my senior year here at some art school my mum enrolled me in. Also I’ll be living in a dorm near the company, I’ll be rooming with two girls, one is two years older than me and the other is the same age as me. They all are trainees at the company. It honestly is a thrilling position to be in, I’m so excited to experience this trainee life. It also is sad to be leaving though. The town I grew up in, the people I once saw every day I will no longer see.  Including you.

I know how disappointed you are reading this letter, I can almost see that glare you make while writing this. The truth is, I can’t face you. One look and I wouldn’t be able to help myself from leaving. Two years with you is pretty amazing, and just so you know leaving you was a hard choice, something you’ll never understand. You always thought the dance classes I attend, the money I spend on singing lessons and the time I spend rehearsing on my acting lines are all stupid. In your perspective you may be right, but this is what I am destine to do. I’ve been dreaming about this, and my parents have put everything on the line to help support me in this journey. Bring with you, you have help me build memories and a life that I never got in the past. But I manage to consume to much of you that I became addictive to you, that I suddenly couldn’t let you out of my life. You showed me life outside a dance studio, how to be a normal teenager and I thank you for making me create fantastic memories.

You were never a fan of me being an idol because you knew that I had to leave one day. I guess that day has come. Minho, you became my priority which drove me away from my dream, you became a distraction on my journey of being an idol, yet you were a beautiful distraction.

I’ve become so attached to you that it’s so hard to say good bye. Yes I am leaving, I’m leaving for Seoul to fulfill my dreams and to repay my debt I owe my parents. Minho this is where we put the end of our relationship, I hate to do this through letter but I don’t think I am capable to face you. Maybe we weren’t meant to be, or maybe we are just not meant to be at this time. Maybe when I am settled in Seoul, I’ll come back to Busan again, and maybe we can start over? I might not come back soon, but I promise I’ll be back because I do want to try it again with you.

It’s so hard to say good bye to my first true love, please remember I will always love you. You have the most beautiful mind, a lovely heart which made me love you so wholly. I remember when I first met you at the mall during summer vacation almost three years ago. I was with my friends and you were with yours. I admit that I suddenly fell in love with you and you smiled at me because you knew. Back then you were a beautiful stranger that I wanted to know more off.  Knowing you is the best thing I have ever did, I met the most beautiful soul who I never thought would love me as much as I love him. I turned out liking you more than I have planned because deep down, I fell in love with you.
I’ll forever keep you in my heart, but sorry I cannot keep you in my life. I’m sorry this couldn’t be worked out now, but maybe just maybe in the future will meet again and will put down all of our differences and make it work again. 

I love you very much, and maybe won’t believe me but I do. You may be mad at me for leaving so suddenly, but I have to.  I promise I will be back. I wan’t to thank you for loving but now, I have to go and achieve my dreams first. You were my first, and hopefully you’ll be my last. You carried me and took my heart away, I can’t thank you enough for doing so.

I’m sorry Minho, but our time together is up I guess this is good bye.

Love from the girl that will always love you,
Choi Hannah.

 

 


Aurthors note!

okay so I have given writing this chapter, it's been three days and everytime I'm about to save it my compter crashes and it ends up not saving. So I'm going to post it before anything else happens. Sorry if It's not edited right please forgive me!

Anyways let the angst begin!!! This is the first time I've ever written angst themed so wish me luck! I also have been writing chapter summeries for this fic and I have realize this fic is really short, maybe about 20 chapters long?