Dead

Getting Over You

5km/h over and Minho needed to gain more speed to reach Hannah.

10km/h over and Minho gushes through the highway in the rain to get to his girlfriend.

15km/h over and Minho focuses more on Hannah then his surroundings on the road.

20km/h over and Minho ignores the speed sign.

25km/h over and Minho misses his exit on the high way.

30km/h over and Minho hits the barrier on the side making his car roll over twice.

Due to the road being slippery, his thoughts place on Hannah. Minho was not in the right mind to know what condition he was driving in. It caused him to lose grip of his own steering wheel, enough for him to lose control at where his car is heading. It was enough for Minho to hit his head on the wheel very hard, causing Minho to lose his life. However, the last thing on his mind, was

Hannah.

 

---
“Hi I’m Go Aria,” the girl smiled shaking Hannah’s hand. “You must be our new roommate, Choi Hannah?” from judging her look, Hannah could tell she was her age. She was tall, with long black hair. Her face look so innocent, like she could not be touched because of her precious she looked. But Hannah was also aware that this girl is her future opponent.

The innocent looking girl let Hannah in, “You’re soaking wet!” Hannah walked into the dorm. It wasn’t big, but it was clean and smelt nice. It was her home for the next few months. “Yeah the taxi driver didn’t understand me, so he dropped me off a few blocks from the dorm. So I had to walk in the rain.” Hannah explained as she dropped her bags at the side and followed Aria to the kitchen.

Aria smiled and poured a drink for the drenched Hannah who accepted the drink. “Judging from how you speak, you’re from Busan are you?” Aria asked watching Hannah drink her drink. Aria was very mysterious, not only because of her accent or her upper city presence but the way she looks at Hannah was very intriguing. It was as if she was investigating her by judging her. “That’s why the taxi driver couldn’t understand me,” Aria laughed knowing that Hannah does have a great sense of humour.

“So there aren’t really rules, I would say no boys allowed or other friends but trust me being a trainee you won’t even have time to make friends. Also please respect this dorm as not only you or I is living here, her name is Jang Yu Mi the other person living here. Call her cookie unni, she’s two years older than us and also she loves cookies so that’s why everyone calls her cookie,” Aria explained. “Choi Hannah, I hope we can be great friends,” how can Hannah say no to that sweet innocent face? Hannah nodded knowing she would need a friend anyway.

---

“So you’re from here?” Hannah walked with Aria under a big umbrella that Aria was holding to protect each other from the rain. Hannah didn’t stay long in her dorm until Aria convinced to take her to company. In a matter of knowing her for a few minutes, Hannah learnt that Aria is very pushy, yet so acquitted. Aria is from the big city itself, Seoul. Growing up all she wanted to do is be a star and when the opportunity came, she audition and got in. Aria’s parent’s travel around the world as her father is in a high position in the military, so that is why Aria must dorm with other trainee’s as her family moves to different countries alot. She excels in singing, her dancing is alright but her photogenic image make her good at modelling and commercials. Aria definitely has breath taking beauty, something Hannah couldn’t help but feel self conscious when around her, but surely has Aria made Hannah’s Seoul experience so far so comfortable.

They arrived at the company, where Hannah remembered lining up to audition once. This time she didn’t go in the front way, but through the back where trainees are gained access from. There, Hannah was given an ID, schedule sheet of her trainee classes and school too and then was given a tour by Aria. Hannah definitely loved Aria’s presences, she was fun and knew that she would be loved instantly.  For two years that she has been a trainee has she been so popular with the other trainees for having an angel like voice and a very pretty face.

Every room they walked past, Aria could see trainee’s rehearsing. It was like a factory of future stars. Seeing a glimpse of these trainees made Hannah feel close to her dream, that this is where she truly belongs. A couple of hours in Seoul made her forget about everything else in Busan.

They arrived at a certain room, it wasn’t a dance room. Through the cracks of the doors Hannah could see a couple of chairs layed out like a classroom layout but without desk. In front of the room was an elevated stage where a woman was speaking from which Aria explained is an acting room, where acting classes are at. Aria poked her head in and called out a name and quickly shut the door. The two waited for a bit until another girl came out of the hallways.

Hannah thought that Aria is the prettiest girl she has ever seen but when seeing this tall figure walk out on the hall ways did she think wrong. Well there goes Hannah’s self-esteem. The girl to had long black hair, she wasn’t just skinny, she was a girl with curves. Her skin is very milky and unlike Aria, her face was very mature. This girl was definitely the definition of perfection. “Oh Arie, what’s up?” the girl was a bit taller than Aria which was weird because Aria was way taller than Hannah, and Hanna was considered tall back in Busan. “I know you would be busy, and that you would be coming home late tonight. I decided to bring our new roommate here to introduce you to her,” Aria announced presenting Hannah.

“Choi Hannah?” looking at her was already intimidating because of her appearance. To talk to her? Oh did Hannah feel like she was speaking to a celebrity or someone superior. Actually being in this building did Hannah feel so small, it was different from being in Busan. In Busan everyone thought she would had the best voice, best body features and did they think that she is the prettiest girl they have seen. Coming into a place where all these talented beautiful trainees, Hannah’s beauty and talent is nothing. In reality, there are prettier people then her, and more talented than her. It really did open her eyes when coming to Seoul, in Busan walls were built to blind her from the realism of the world outside the border line of Busan. The small town sweet heart is just one of many in this world.

Hannah shyly nodded, “Ahh my name is Jung Yu Mi, I think Aria here told you about my nickname,” Hannah just smiled seeing how Cookie aggressively put her arms around Aria’s neck showing the sisterly love they have developed from living together. “Well Hannah, it’s nice meeting you but I have to go back in. If I don’t see you anytime soon I might see you in the company,” Hannah’s first impression of the cookie was good. She definitely had the older sister figure, something Hannah is excited to have as she is raised an only child.

Hannah bowed still un content with words, “You,” Cookie pointed to Aria. “Don’t work too hard, I’ll see you later.”

“If you come home tonight dinner will be in the oven,” Aria smiled as she got one last hug before Cookie waved goodbye and went back inside her room.

After some more touring, the two new friends went back to their dorm. During the walk Hannah found out something’s about cookie. Apparently Cookie has been a trainee for 4 years, the girl can sing and dance but mostly she models and acts. The girl plans to debut as a model maybe the year after the next. Cookie chooses to live in a dorm even though her parents live in Seoul, only because she doesn’t want to be distracted by them. Cookie is known to have the best body in the entertainment and apparently make a good model, most girls do feel intimidated by her but once they get to see her nice personality, people automatically fall in love with her then see her as competition.

---

“How is it?” Hannah was asked by her mother who she rang that night. She spent the rest of the afternoon hearing about other stories, and getting to know Aria more. Together they made dinner and ate it still gossiping about the entertainment. At first sight the two hit it off, and the more they spoke to each other, Hannah felt more comfortable. “It’s amazing!” Hannah loved her first day, yet her insecurities once again got the best of her, but as Aria told her before that all can be improved.

“How’s Busan?” Hannah asked, it was suspicious when her mother took a while to answer her. With a heavy voice she finally answered, “Still the same old town you left.”

“That’s good,” Hannah said glad to hear her home is still the same, well she only did leave that day. “Mum,” Hannah continued. She didn’t want to ask this specific question but curiosity was killing her, never did she think about him once but hearing about Busan, she wondered how Minho was. Again, her mother was silenced for a few seconds before answering her question about Minho’s wellbeing.

“He’s… Hannah I need to tell you something,” Automatically Hannah knew something is up.

“Mum, what happened to Minho?” There was no answer from the other line. “MUM!”

“He’s good…” Hannah’s mother voice broke.

“He doesn’t sound like it,” Hannah pointed out.

“I just wanted to say he got your letter, and Ji Min said he’s having trouble coping with it but you know Minho he’s a strong boy, he’ll get through it.” Hannah knew exactly that Minho would react like this. “Hannah can you do me a favour?” Hannah’s mother asked.

“Anything,”

“Can you forget about your life in Busan and focus on your dream in Seoul. Your father and I are just doing fine here,”

“Mum your words are scaring me,”

“Just, follow your dream. I want you to focus hard and missing Busan will only be a distraction, coming back will take over your rehearsal time. If you need us, you ring me, your dad or Ji Min. If you need to see us, will be there on the first train to Seoul,” Hannah’s mother’s suspicious words did worry her. However, in Hannah’s eyes she is right. Thinking about her past, is just a distraction. Like in the letter Hannah wrote, Minho was a distraction. A beautiful distraction.

Little did she know her beautiful distraction is dead,

That his last breaths were spent thinking of her.

 

 



Aurthors Note!!

So now you know what has happened with Minho! :((( I know I hate to do this, he's my bias in Shinee but it had to be done. His character is annoying me anyways. So What do you guys think? Next chapter Hannah will meet someone important in her life, I'm excited to write it!!!